ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:39:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Other games?! Preposterous!  (Read 21485 times)
Elminster45
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 02:50:53 AM »

I wanna do the Excalibur II Perfect Game for FFIX, but I don't agree with the stat paths. The main problem with perfect stats is that stat-boosting equipment contributes fractions of points to your stats when you level up, so you have to level up with the best equipment to get good stats. This basically requires you to play the whole game at level 1 wherever possible. For some forced encounters you have to jump through really small hoops (not literally) to avoid EXP. When you are forced to get EXP, you have to figure out which party member suffers the least stat loss by absorbing the EXP while not having their best equips on. Also the endgame stat paths after getting the sword are prioritized in order of usefulness (Spirit, Strength, Magic, Speed) with strength and magic switched depending on the character. I don't like that, because even though it gets you to 50 Spirit and no more (with 50 being the max) and that way you don't waste points invested into Spirit, that makes the Spirit boosting equipment less effective when you are level 99. I'm trying to get it so that if the best Spirit boosting equip a character has gives +7, they should end up with 43 Spirit, and the other stats get to whatever the highest average ends up as. Even if Speed (which turns out to be rather useless due to the way the ATB works) is what more points can be gained in, I will gain them in favor of Strength or Magic.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about and why I'm going to all this trouble, suffice it to say that the Excalibur II is the ultimate weapon for the knight character in FFIX, and it cannot be collected after the clock hits 12 hours. This sword is in a dungeon on disc 4. How inconvenient.

There was one guy who wrote a program to determine the best stat paths for the criteria GameFAQs had set (I had thought of doing this too but I suck at writing code) but that still doesn't help me because I'm looking for highest average stats without wasting Spirit boosts from equipment.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 02:52:55 AM by Elminster45 » Logged
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 06:06:48 AM »

Dance Dance Revolution (I'm pretty good at this)
I play other games occasionally, and I used to try Super Mario 64 speedruns, but I don't play a lot of games besides Zelda and DDR.
Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 02:24:33 PM »

Always planned on Banjo Kazooie any%. I'm also currently trying to get a hold of mystical ninja to do some type of any% run... ani knows heh. I should also mention I've done some work with sm64, super mario sunshine, dk64 and there are probably other games I'm forgetting cause its 8 am right before school and I went to bet way too late. >_>
Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »

I will play pretty much any decent fighting game. I mainly play 3rd strike and used to play a shitload of SSBM. Fighting games own.
Jer
Regular Guay

jchipman10@msn.com
Email
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 08:14:54 PM »

I play CoD MW2 alot nowadays, but it doesnt sway me away from Zelda.

I used to speedrun DKC2 with one of my friends, i dont remember our exact times. I also play Brawl+ competitively and Melee, i also have like 3:xx in Btt in SSBM

Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 09:34:16 PM »

I play CoD MW2 alot nowadays

Get the fuck out.

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
Zero
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 12:03:41 AM »

Get the fuck out.
LOL
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 01:40:17 AM »

I barely play N64 Zelda let alone other games

I got Banjo Tooie way back in early November and played it for the first time yesterday...

Zero
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 05:33:09 PM »

Metroid Prime, a little bit of pogeymanz and sonic games.
Ænlgån
Regular Guay

Jeg elesker mitt hjem.

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 04:54:55 AM »

Yes. Here are a few games: Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Smash Bros, Melee, Brawl, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, F-Zero GX, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart DS, and Mario Kart Wii.

That's about it. Love all the Metroids, but Prime and Super Metroid are the best. Also love Galaxy and 64; I sometimes speed run Mario Galaxy. Smash I just play with my friends and the same about the Mario Karts.

Get a life? What are you talking about? I'm a gamer. I have several lives.
MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 06:13:44 AM »

Racing games and tactical games own.

May get a recorder at year's end...
CzarTheDragon
Deku Scrub

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 08:51:30 AM »

I use to speedrun invidual levels of SMW, just trying to break WRs.
Also trying to make good races in Mario Kart 64 and F-Zero X.
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 02:13:57 PM »

I used to speedrun MKDS in time trials, back in 2007 before I left I was #33 Worldwide and #2 Canadian on the MK player's page in AF PRB. You can still find some old records of my PR's, Myths and GODs on my youtube page @ MasterLuigiSW. Now I'm like #47 (a couple pr's I've never posted, so it's not uptodate) and I stopped since 3 years Tongue Hopefully MK3DS won't be a newbie mario kart like MKWii and snaking will be possible just like in mkds or mkdd. http://www.mariokart64.com/mkds/profile.php?pid=629
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 02:19:15 PM by Masterluigi » Logged

Marcus
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 10:31:08 AM »

I would gladly speed run other games such as SM64, MK64, B-K, B-T, DK64, MM2, and CV1 and probably more. But PAL instead of NTSC prevents this, so I just play other games for fun instead of speed running.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:15:20 PM by macman18 » Logged
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 03:54:26 PM »

I've been time attacking Sonic Adventure 2 a lot recently. I'm not the best (yet Grin ) but I'm somewhat decent I guess.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: