ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:09:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jabu Jabu Wrong Warp  (Read 6086 times)
chrisbullcock
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: January 20, 2016, 12:28:02 AM »

I don't know how much of this is known already, but I will cover everything.

I was upset by the fact that there is nothing we can do about the Jabu blue warp, so I started to mess up with it.

The first thing I came up with was dying while reaching the edge of the blue warp and then getting revived by a fairy. What happens is that the game tries to push us to the warp for let Ruto start talking, BUT we can fully control Link, use items and save. If we stop moving, we get teleported back to the warp. There are also some interesting side effects, like being able to push Ruto and move while we are being teleported away, but I won't get into details since that didn't lead me to nothing useful.

Then I decided to pull out a bombchu and let Ruto start talking to me while being at low health, so that I could die on the same frame where I would be being teleported away, same as you would do with any cutscene skip/wrong warp. After so many tries, I finally got it, and the results were.. interesting.

My last cutscene watched was the Title Screen one, so this might be a possible? wrong warp, since we can't do a cutscene skip here.

If we decide to save and not continue, we spawn back in Jabu without the Sapphire, and everything looks normal. However, if we choose to continue, we appear in.. the Big Octo cutscene, inside Jabu.

We appear on that cutscene, BUT Ruto isn't there, and the cutscene stops just after 'Ruto' stops talking to you and she turns back. Right after that we can control Link, and if we pause WE HAVE THE SAPPHIRE!

We can control Link and move as usual, but as soon as we leave the room, we notice that something is.. different.

For some weird reason we are in a partially loaded - screwed up version of Jabu, where a lot of weird and funny things happen: from black tentacles and partially loaded rooms, to a large number of enemies in rooms, invisible water, enemies which die automatically and a lot of different stuff.

So, this might not be useful right now, but it's quite interesting and funny nonetheless, and with a different last cutscene value or something this might lead to something actually useful.

Here is a Link to the video i made. I would like to have recorded the whole process, but was impossible for me to hit the right frame of death consistently, so I started recording after that; also, I think the setup is really clear after reading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ALo5cKOEHk

This is quite a long thread, but I think it was worth, let's see what happens with this!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 01:40:07 AM by chrisbullcock » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 01:09:39 AM »

Hey, we can reach this Jabu scene in OoT3D! With it, you should be able to get a second boomerang as well as another Heart Piece! The chests act weird depending on which chests you've opened in the normal setup due to how they're linked and such. Really cool that you can reach this beta seven in vanilla OoT now.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 07:59:55 AM »

Well wrong warping off the Jabu warp had been theorized for a long time and we knew it would send you to beta Jabu if you died in theory, but from what I understand a bunch of people tried a bunch of stuff before and never could do anything with ruto, so kudos!

There is another way to access beta Jabu and get the 39th heart piece, but it's a lot more complicated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fby5tqaY5Zk
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:12:05 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
chrisbullcock
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 03:44:54 PM »

Wrong Warp from Jabu to Volvagia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbO-aDqZo5o
chrisbullcock
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 11:14:03 PM »

"Walking While Talking?" in Jabu: