ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 04:38:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My OoT Glitch Proof Video Series! *Please Read and Support*  (Read 7666 times)
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« on: January 15, 2010, 07:53:31 PM »

Hey, guys! I finally got a copy of Collector's Edition and am now practicing glitches for OoT.

I don't know if this should go here or in the OoT Board, so I put it here. Basically, I'm making a series of Videos where I pretty much prove that I can do the Glitches, thus making me more credible when I start participating in Game Discussion. I want to prove to people that I can do the Glitches so that I have a better chance of becoming a chat commentator when we do marathons.

Just so you guys here can see the Vids, I will post the links to the Videos as they are done. Please check them out and let me know what you think of how I do.

Video #1 - Pokey Escape: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbQa0NdmZnA (I'm kind of loud in it, so don't watch at full volume!)

Remember when you said that Pokey Escape would be too hard for me, Pokey?  Grin

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 08:08:30 PM »

Your Pokey Escape setup process was pretty much non-existent, and the angle was off. Consistency is the key, learn the setups!

This will be fun to see how many tricks you can learn in a certain amount of time.

Now do all the other Forest Escapes!

EDIT: The next tricks you should learn if you haven't already: ISG, ground jump, power crouch stab, superslide, megaflip, steal fishing rod, Bottle B, DoT Skip, bombchu hover. None of those are too difficult to learn. DoT Skip on N64 is much less difficult than on GCN, so you're lucky Smiley
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:39:37 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »

But if my setup process was off, how did I pull it off? I guess I just got lucky.  Embarrassed However, the information for the video on the site doesn't really explain the setup. It just tells you to do this and this and that all at once.

I will make an effort to start learning those other ones. I just hope people can be patient while I take my time getting them consistent before I record them.

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 08:45:28 PM »

good luck
mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 08:47:06 PM »

But if my setup process was off, how did I pull it off? I guess I just got lucky.  Embarrassed However, the information for the video on the site doesn't really explain the setup. It just tells you to do this and this and that all at once.

I will make an effort to start learning those other ones. I just hope people can be patient while I take my time getting them consistent before I record them.

pretty much you were though if you expect to get better just take your time retrying the glitch and in no time you will get it nearly all the times and remember if you need help check out other pokey escapes on YT if you need a quick look to see what your doing wrong

<@Cosmo> ive only drawn naked people recently
RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 09:50:25 PM »

But if my setup process was off, how did I pull it off?

You did it fine but you want to be able to do these tricks consistently, so repeating a near-perfect setup each time is key. "Looking to the left a little" is a massive variable and isn't a consistent move and will give you inconsistent results each time.

Tricks like the DoT Skip, ESS Escape, Hookshot Bridge Skip, etc. require very specific setups or you will fail them every time.

Pokey Escape Setup:

1. Crouch-stab sign to get rid of it.
2. Face the wall and walk against it.
3. Tap Z to become parallel with it.
4. Flick the control stick to the right (Link should turn a perfect 90 degrees) and back up into the Kokiri.
5. Push C-UP to go into first-person mode and align the sword hilt's gem with the light-green streak on the wall.
6. Crouch and stab wall.
7. Press A after the sword hits the wall (timing for this takes practice).

The best way to learn setups is to watch other's videos and mimic them very carefully. I put instructions in the video description for most of my trick videos Wink.

Good luck with future tricks!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 09:57:47 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 09:59:43 PM »

You did it fine but you want to be able to do these tricks consistently, so repeating a near-perfect setup each time is key. "Looking to the left a little" is a massive variable and isn't a consistent move and will give you inconsistent results each time.

Tricks like the DoT Skip, ESS Escape, Hookshot Bridge Skip, etc. require very specific setups or you will fail them every time.

Pokey Escape Setup:

1. Crouch-stab sign to get rid of it.
2. Face the wall and walk against it.
3. Tap Z to become parallel with it.
4. Flick the control stick to the right (Link should turn a perfect 90 degrees) and back up into the Kokiri.
5. Push C-UP to go into first-person mode and align the sword hilt's gem with the light-green streak on the wall.
6. Crouch and stab wall.
7. Press A after the sword hits the wall (timing for this takes practice).

The best way to learn setups is to watch other's videos and mimic them very carefully. I put instructions in the video description for most of my trick videos Wink.

Good luck with future tricks!

You mean to tell me i've been doing it wrong this whole time? :O no wonder i can never get it consistently lol

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »

Thanks, guys!

I learned another easy one, Torch Jumpslash in Deku Tree. I'll try to make a video of that one.

Alec, do you have any recommended videos with setups? I can do some search digging, too, but it would be nice to have videos that are well-known as references.

Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 09:02:58 PM »

don't overcomplicate pokey escape, alec.

just align yourself parallel to the wall, then angle yourself slightly left (with c-up or otherwise; basically be at the first angle at which you hit the wall with a facing-forward crouchstab). Then crouch stab and press A lol.

but i dont get the point in this... who are you trying to disprove?

BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 10:11:20 PM »

but i dont get the point in this... who are you trying to disprove?

I'm not trying to disprove anyone. Some folks have been doubting my knowledge of the glitches simply because I can't pull them off. So, I am doing these "Proof" Videos to show that I'm not just talking out my butt when I say that I know what's going on in a Run.

Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 12:01:35 AM »

you are trying to disprove people that say you can't do them. I'm not sure who you're talking about, though.

Anyway, do this if you want, but know that we do take your word if you say you can do it... unless maybe you're the first to pull a trick off on console

BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 01:46:06 AM »

Thanks, Lexkeeta!

I'll probably stop doing this project anyway. I'll keep practicing the glitches, though.

It's nice to know now that I don't have to prove myself. Thanks again!

Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 03:55:12 AM »

Yeah if you say you can do something, I would definitely believe you.
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 01:16:44 AM »

Well, the original point of this project came from a fear that people would doubt me because I was more understanding of the glitches in theory (like "book-smart") than I was in practice/being able to pull them off (like "street-smart").

Basically, I thought that no one would find me credible if all I can do is explain how the glitches are pulled off, but haven't actually done them myself.

Am I just worrying over nothing? Cause it kind of feels like that...

Anyways, as said before, the point of the project is no longer to prove anything. Instead, I will upload Glitch Videos just for fun when I pull them off.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: