ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:05:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Improvements, suggestions, etc.  (Read 77777 times)
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2012, 05:45:29 PM »

Sorry everybody for bumping an old thread, but I suggest a spam box section, or something.

Here's why:
Recently a member created a new thread in 'Other Zeldas' about some abortion program. See here: http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1046.msg17532#new

I'm quite sure that this stuff is not what we want to see on this site. We may soon reach the point where spam starts to trickle in.

Edit: ok quote removed
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:34:59 PM by DekuScrub » Logged

SOLD OUT
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2012, 08:11:50 PM »

Considering the number of spam accounts created each day, I think the spam problem can be improved. That said, it's not that big of a problem as it once was about a year or two? ago, but at it's current rate it is easily managed.

Also, please don't quote spam, it only assists the spambot's prime directive to flood pages with links.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
DekuScrub
Regular Guay

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »

I have no idea why I decided to quote the spam, kind of a fail on my part. But it looks like it happened again, this time in the Wind Waker forums, by swmwq8097, and I already see a trend, which may or may not continue: the topic titles are 'blah blah blah (about some products or programs or whatever that you pay for) XXXX' (a four-digit number)

Another common trend for spammers is to use emails like 'edu-7breuwy8rct@o8x3hr8wyrxw.c om' (space added to prevent the auto-hyperlink) and, not so reliable (sometimes legitimate users have strange, garbled-looking names, I had one like that at one point) is that they will have usernames that don't contain any legible words, or are themselves more ads.

SOLD OUT
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2012, 09:28:19 PM »

I have no idea why I decided to quote the spam, kind of a fail on my part. But it looks like it happened again, this time in the Wind Waker forums, by swmwq8097, and I already see a trend, which may or may not continue: the topic titles are 'blah blah blah (about some products or programs or whatever that you pay for) XXXX' (a four-digit number)

Another common trend for spammers is to use emails like 'edu-7breuwy8rct@o8x3hr8wyrxw.c om' (space added to prevent the auto-hyperlink) and, not so reliable (sometimes legitimate users have strange, garbled-looking names, I had one like that at one point) is that they will have usernames that don't contain any legible words, or are themselves more ads.
This is known. They're bots, not actual people. That's why the emails/threads/usernames look like random nonsense. The spam is being managed as best as it can by the moderators and admins, so just try your best to ignore it until it gets removed.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Link98
Regular Guay

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »

This is known. They're bots, not actual people. That's why the emails/threads/usernames look like random nonsense. The spam is being managed as best as it can by the moderators and admins, so just try your best to ignore it until it gets removed.

Furthermore, users can use the "report to moderator" button at the bottom of a spam post to highlight it as an issue, so that's something Kzar et al. can do to help.
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2012, 08:53:32 PM »

Could someone please update the OoT 3d page? I'm getting tired of browsing through 16 pages for one specific trick. Also, there are several tricks with no description, and that needs to be fixed as well.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
Groove Heaven
Deku Scrub

« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »

Do you guys think ZSR could benefit from having sections covering the mini-boss and boss fights in these games? Having trouble with bosses like Phantom Ganon, Goht, and one-cycling Dead Hand. The dungeon strategies don't cover the fights, which are an important part of running, and some strats are less than obvious, especially things like one-cycling Twinrova and Phantom.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2012, 05:54:05 PM »

A boss strategy page would be a nice thing to add. We just need someone to write one up.

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2012, 07:16:47 PM »

The Wind Waker pages have seen better days, I'd be happy to write information if somebody with the ability would put it into the page for me.

Groove Heaven
Deku Scrub

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2012, 09:22:41 PM »

A boss strategy page would be a nice thing to add. We just need someone to write one up.

I could contribute some of the boss strats that I do understand, and I would be more than happy to do so. The ones I would need someone else to write for OoT are:

Phantom Ganon (with the arrow trick and one-cycle)
The spin-slash method for Gohma (I just ISG, could never get the spin to work right)
Twinrova
Dead Hand one-cycle (I've done it but I usually just feel it out. I'm sure there are reliable methods worked out)

I would be no help in any of the other games, I'm bad at MM/WW/TP. I mean, I'm bad at OoT, but I'm really bad at the other games.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »

The Wind Waker pages have seen better days, I'd be happy to write information if somebody with the ability would put it into the page for me.

I'd be happy to do it. I cleaned it up a little a couple weeks ago, but it could use some extra help.
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2012, 03:32:34 AM »

I'm sure some one has said this before but we should have an app.....Grin
HiipFire
Regular Guay

« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2012, 05:13:53 PM »

I'm sure some one has said this before but we should have an app.....Grin
wat
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2012, 02:28:59 AM »

What kind of app

Braid
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2012, 04:41:35 AM »

What kind of app
We need an app for the "Post your pic" thread only. It auto loads those pictures and allows you to draw fake mustaches on everyone.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: