Author Topic: Improvements, suggestions, etc.  (Read 68051 times)

Offline Lexkeeta

• Special Guay
Re: Improvements, suggestions, etc.
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 05:17:47 PM »
It just did.

Offline Acryte

• Regular Guay
  • Zelda Scientist®
    • ZeldaSpeedRuns
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 12:04:30 AM »
Scrolling News added to main page, I'll soon make it a link to a news page. That way you can click it and see the whole history for the main news section.
Also finished the IRC page so its got the corrected images and stuff.

Changed the color saturation for the game menu glows. Looks alot better I'd say. Also Slowi, great job with the RSS-feeds, awesome :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 01:26:22 AM by Acryte »

Wisdom; Power; Courage.

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 07:36:48 AM »
How about an icon that people can click to open up a new page and report any page issues like dead links or incorrect information and whatnot?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

TSDA

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »
spoilers NAO!

Offline Acryte

• Regular Guay
  • Zelda Scientist®
    • ZeldaSpeedRuns
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2009, 08:37:44 PM »
I saw one kid using the Code tags and it worked pretty well, at least till we have the spoiler tags.

Wisdom; Power; Courage.

Offline Acryte

• Regular Guay
  • Zelda Scientist®
    • ZeldaSpeedRuns
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2009, 01:43:06 AM »
Yo Cos, I'm thinking we should make a README that anyone who will be working on Pages or has the FTP password must read. Just explaining things like not deleting anything, erasing other people's changes if you're both updating content, ways to safeguard against those things, and the like.

Wisdom; Power; Courage.

Offline AniMeowzerz

• Special Guay
  • Meow, and... stuff.
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2009, 06:21:44 AM »
I mentioned this in IRC but we really need to have a captcha system up on here for signups, which of course if you're interested in applying, Here's some Security mods for SMF forums
RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.

Offline Phazon

• Special Guay
  • Aaaaagh!
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2009, 11:25:30 AM »
Not a big deal, I just think it'd be convenient if my username at the top linked to my profile.

EDIT:

For some reason I never noticed the big profile button at the top >_>
[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high

Offline Narcissa Wright

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
    • ZSR
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2009, 09:42:32 AM »
I installed some little mods, mostly security fix (theres also stuff like country flag in your profile now)

Offline LinksDarkArrows

• Deku Scrub
    • YouTube
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2009, 03:15:55 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I know I at least never saw it in this topic.

When submitting an individual dungeon run of any kind, we're asked to submit an MP4 video file, which is easy to come across thanks to YouTube. However, this video is then put on a stream based on this site using the JW player. This is fine, except a lot of people will then download temple runs and upload them to their own YouTube.

I know everyone can download YouTube videos and do the same if they really wanted to, but stealing is a lot less likely if the video streams are hosted there. So, if the player chooses to, and offers the same video (which you can download from YouTube) to you, couldyou provide the option of having video(s) streamed via YouTube instead? I know this would definitely motivate me to submit some. ^_^

Offline Narcissa Wright

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
    • ZSR
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2009, 03:54:45 PM »
feel free to use like a 2 second intro, a watermark, or just display your game file's name in the video.

Offline fiercelinkmaster

• Deku Scrub
  • Are you Guay?
    • Youtube
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2009, 09:57:43 AM »
Dampe's party palace needs a banner of Dampe to fit the theme. Other parts of the forum could have banners for their theme as well.

Offline Ænlgån

• Regular Guay
  • Jeg elesker mitt hjem.
    • Nin10Gamer's/Ænlgån's channel
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2010, 08:39:42 AM »
Sections for more than just Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. We need Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, etc to have sections full with videos and pages of tricks and speed runs just like the other sections.
Get a life? What are you talking about? I'm a gamer. I have several lives.

Offline SD2

• Special Guay
  • tokay stole ma shovel
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2010, 12:17:46 PM »
Sections for more than just Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. We need Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, etc to have sections full with videos and pages of tricks and speed runs just like the other sections.
The problem is that there is no interest in these games currently, so no one wants to do any of the pages.  There's a plan in progress to do a collective 2D zelda games page, which would include LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoA, OoS, and TMC.  The basic structure would be the same, but a lack of tricks for the games (except maybe LA) means it would be a waste of space to make individual sections for each.
[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2010, 01:04:14 PM »
Then again, Windwaker has IT'S own page, even though it has a lack of tricks  ;D
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

Offline Chimpas

• Regular Guay
  • Inlove with Twilight Princess
    • My tube
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2010, 10:47:20 PM »
Then again, Windwaker has IT'S own page, even though it has a lack of tricks  ;D
wind waker has much and interesting tricks, any major break but the tricks we have found are nice

Offline Glitched!

• Regular Guay
  • I glitch a lot except for vine clipping
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2010, 05:35:14 PM »
wind waker page needs some MAJOR updates
GRRRR! Stupid vine clip y won't u work

Offline NOKAUBURE

• Regular Guay
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2010, 02:10:45 AM »
the discover of zombie hover and colection delay makes alot of shortcuts
:P

Offline Pokey

• Special Guay
  • also pheenoh <3
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2010, 05:30:00 AM »
The IL page is screwed up (OoT) Half the runs I click on don't show me a video D:D:D:
I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.

Offline Thegargoylevine

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2010, 09:10:02 AM »
Could we have the "Vine Clip" section in the OoT Techniques deleted?  All of the info is covered in the generic "Clipping" section, so it's redundant.

Offline Bonooru

• Regular Guay
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2010, 09:56:02 PM »
clarifying the reverse bottle adventure page(OoT) so that the effects can be made sense of if you dont have a degree in computer science would be nice. a simple if you have x on c right and catch y in your b bottle these are the effects. this would certainly make it easier to understand. currently the only way that i can get my desired solution is to find a video of someone doing it with what i want as the effect

Offline Narcissa Wright

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
    • ZSR
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2010, 06:01:08 AM »
clarifying the reverse bottle adventure page(OoT) so that the effects can be made sense of if you dont have a degree in computer science would be nice. a simple if you have x on c right and catch y in your b bottle these are the effects. this would certainly make it easier to understand. currently the only way that i can get my desired solution is to find a video of someone doing it with what i want as the effect

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/site/index.php?link=oot/ba/rba_calculator

Offline NOKAUBURE

• Regular Guay
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2010, 08:36:05 AM »
why there arent spirit temple/ice cavern/jabu jabu dungeon speed tricks? I saw alot on youtube
:P

Offline ZFG

• Mega Guay
  • also pheenoh <3
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2010, 11:59:21 AM »
why there arent spirit temple/ice cavern/jabu jabu dungeon speed tricks? I saw alot on youtube
Because we've been very lazy making pages  :-\

Offline Bonooru

• Regular Guay
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2010, 07:55:37 PM »
is the team 100% run route going to be added to the list of routes?

Offline Runnerguy2489

• Special Guay
  • I'm not your buddy, guay!
    • Youtube page
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2010, 03:10:33 AM »
Stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4CzXmblMvY

Is why I wouldn't even bother. We just called the route "complete" a few days ago and now it's already likely to have a different bomb count and different fire temple strategy.
runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.

Offline thundrio

• Special Guay
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2010, 11:13:36 AM »
not sure if this is where to post it, but the video on the oot walking while talking page is a dead link, and the video for the original shadow early trick is HORRIBLE quality (cant be that hard to redo).
[19:30] <[email protected]> i love programmin
[19:30] <[email protected]> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!

Offline Epsilon

• Regular Guay
  • Mind over Matter? NONSENSE, Logic over religion? k
    • My facebook =P
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2010, 05:56:41 PM »
We should TOTALLY be able to add friends so we can see when friend-ed people are on I mean this is one of the only forums I can't  :'(
TASer for Speedzelda
Speedzelda: http://www.youtube.com/user/SpeedZelda

Offline stew500

• Regular Guay
    • youtube
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2010, 06:04:00 PM »
Yeah then you don't have to go though all your stuffs the people your looking for <- extremly badly constructed sentnce
Ohhh yeah own sauce all over your body! From speedzelda I do the runsy'ees. www.youtube.com/speedzelda

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2011, 10:48:57 PM »
Quote from: TSA
Just a suggestion: maybe start including controller icons and flashing in "red" (or similar to that effect) what inputs are being pressed to match on-screen action or something in your videos, and slowing them down a bit?  That would have been extremely appreciated on the DoT Skip video.
Braid

Offline Narcissa Wright

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
    • ZSR
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2011, 12:59:35 AM »
Over the past year I've learned a ton about the DoT skip, maybe I should make an extremely detailed tutorial with hand positions, etc.

Offline Runnerguy2489

• Special Guay
  • I'm not your buddy, guay!
    • Youtube page
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2011, 05:37:10 AM »
I saw that on SDA and thought it was a good idea. Showing the joystick and button presses would really help out in a lot of tricks.
runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.

Offline ING-X

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
  • fuck you and the horse you rode in on
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2011, 11:57:42 AM »
I saw that on SDA and thought it was a good idea. Showing the joystick and button presses would really help out in a lot of tricks.

Like WESS escape :P
<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime

Offline ArthurDent

• Regular Guay
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2011, 01:16:40 AM »
Is it a list of the abrivations somewhere here? And a  list of definitions of the speedrun categories? It would be nice to have a general overwiew of such.

Offline ZFG

• Mega Guay
  • also pheenoh <3
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2011, 09:58:22 AM »
Is it a list of the abrivations somewhere here? And a  list of definitions of the speedrun categories? It would be nice to have a general overwiew of such.
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/generalknowledge/common-terms-and-abbreviations

We should probably put a link to this page on the front page so its more noticeable.

Offline DekuScrub

• Regular Guay
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2012, 09:45:29 AM »
Sorry everybody for bumping an old thread, but I suggest a spam box section, or something.

Here's why:
Recently a member created a new thread in 'Other Zeldas' about some abortion program. See here: http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1046.msg17532#new

I'm quite sure that this stuff is not what we want to see on this site. We may soon reach the point where spam starts to trickle in.

Edit: ok quote removed
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:34:59 PM by DekuScrub »
SOLD OUT

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2012, 12:11:50 PM »
Considering the number of spam accounts created each day, I think the spam problem can be improved. That said, it's not that big of a problem as it once was about a year or two? ago, but at it's current rate it is easily managed.

Also, please don't quote spam, it only assists the spambot's prime directive to flood pages with links.
Braid

Offline DekuScrub

• Regular Guay
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2012, 10:10:27 AM »
I have no idea why I decided to quote the spam, kind of a fail on my part. But it looks like it happened again, this time in the Wind Waker forums, by swmwq8097, and I already see a trend, which may or may not continue: the topic titles are 'blah blah blah (about some products or programs or whatever that you pay for) XXXX' (a four-digit number)

Another common trend for spammers is to use emails like '[email protected] om' (space added to prevent the auto-hyperlink) and, not so reliable (sometimes legitimate users have strange, garbled-looking names, I had one like that at one point) is that they will have usernames that don't contain any legible words, or are themselves more ads.
SOLD OUT

Offline Pheenoh

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • Locked in cafde's basement
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2012, 01:28:19 PM »
I have no idea why I decided to quote the spam, kind of a fail on my part. But it looks like it happened again, this time in the Wind Waker forums, by swmwq8097, and I already see a trend, which may or may not continue: the topic titles are 'blah blah blah (about some products or programs or whatever that you pay for) XXXX' (a four-digit number)

Another common trend for spammers is to use emails like '[email protected] om' (space added to prevent the auto-hyperlink) and, not so reliable (sometimes legitimate users have strange, garbled-looking names, I had one like that at one point) is that they will have usernames that don't contain any legible words, or are themselves more ads.
This is known. They're bots, not actual people. That's why the emails/threads/usernames look like random nonsense. The spam is being managed as best as it can by the moderators and admins, so just try your best to ignore it until it gets removed.
<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed

Offline Link98

• Regular Guay
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2012, 01:39:01 PM »
This is known. They're bots, not actual people. That's why the emails/threads/usernames look like random nonsense. The spam is being managed as best as it can by the moderators and admins, so just try your best to ignore it until it gets removed.

Furthermore, users can use the "report to moderator" button at the bottom of a spam post to highlight it as an issue, so that's something Kzar et al. can do to help.