ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:28:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Major's Mask Any% newcomer  (Read 4538 times)
icharux
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: July 29, 2015, 07:26:56 PM »

Afternoon all, I plan on learning Majoras Mask any% (hopefully after I get that down pretty well Id like to move to 100%) I just wanted to get some advice and maybe a few questions answered. I see everyone uses a wii, I'm assuming its faster than a emulator but I'm just not sure why its faster. I've also read that a Gamecube remote is better to use, is that correct? I've been looking at some routes online and watching the most current WR, is there a guide that shows me why certain tricks are done? (e.g.The hidden owl trick). If there is anything else a newcomer should know or maybe some additional tips please feel free to let me know!

Thanks in advanced!
flanthis
Deku Scrub

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 04:50:39 PM »

A Wii is faster because there is less lag, and pause buffering is fast.
icharux
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 08:21:52 PM »

So, if I dont own a wii. I can still practice the routes and learn it pretty well before I decide to purchase something?
flanthis
Deku Scrub

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 03:10:36 AM »

Yes. However, be aware that pause buffering in emulator is very slow.
rubixmagic
Deku Scrub

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 04:15:23 AM »

Also the reason the game is in Japanese is because the text is faster and the pirate guards have horrible vision at night. In order to play the Japanese version of majoras mask you need to softmod your wii. There are many tutorials on how to do that. Then just to make life easier, download the gecko codes so you can practice on the wii. This way you'll get used to the wii. I would highly recommend watching some streams on mm any% runs. People like majin, ennopp, Trev, etc. Watching streams has helped me a lot through my mm any% journey. Then just practice and do some runs. Lastly don't use the route that the pros use. Theifbug has uploaded an amazing tutorial on youtube on the mm any% route. Be sure to watch the one with the hidden owl statue, but be sure to use the new stt Bk skip strat because its a lot easier than all of the megaflips. Hopefully this helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: