ZSR Forums
April 26, 2024, 07:21:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dodongo's Cavern Door without Bombs or Bombchus as Adult Link? (I'm NEW!)  (Read 4789 times)
Moonswing
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: July 14, 2015, 01:51:56 AM »

Hi everyone,

I just joined and am having trouble searching, so if you could help me I'd appreciate it:

1) On ZSR, is there a way to search specifics through the forums without reading every page? I tried the actual search tab but wasn't getting anywhere with this question, so hopefully it's something that hasn't been posted?

Now the actual question...

2) I forest escaped (with sword) and went straight to do the DoT skip to turn into adult link. So no bottle or bombchus. I got the hookshot and beat Forest Temple. I want to go back and start with Dodongo's Cavern as adult link but can't get past the first door to the dungeon since I can't lift the bomb flowers and I don't have Bombchus. Any suggestions or glitches past that first door so I can eventually get the bomb bag in the cavern?

(My goal is to do an all medallions run by beating the temples one by one, not using the bottle adventure tricks, all as adult link)

Thanks for your help in advance and am looking forward to learning more.

ps. I'm on gamecube MQ disc if it makes a difference (assuming not)
daniel_figgyy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 02:44:38 PM »

You're gonna need a bombchu.  Either vine clip in bottom of the well, or wrong warp to ganons castle to get the chus in spirit trial.
You'll also need another chu to bring down the stairs.. unless you want to learn doom jump.

Plenty of videos online for all of those tricks.

By the way, I think there is a thread for questions like this. It should be pinned.
Moonswing
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 06:46:35 PM »

Thank you for your help. I was hoping there'd be a different way in or perhaps another way to get bombs. I can't get back through DoT as an adult with nothing, so it looks I'll have to start over.

Thanks again!
BasedKingPotato
Deku Scrub

Someday Speedrunner

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 06:51:11 AM »

I'm pretty sure there's no way of getting past the bomb wall in DC without explosives, but you can still get bombchus.

Places you can find bombchus before beating Dodongo's Cavern as Adult Link are (to my knowledge) :
- Spirit trial inside Ganon's Castle (you can get there without explosives or light arrows by doing Ganondoor Wrong Warp, then save and reset)
- Lizardfos room (entered from climbing up vines) in Spirit Temple
- The guy on a magic carpet who sells bombchus in the Desert Wasteland

This page has more information on getting bombchus: https://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/dungeon-tricks/gerudo-training-ground
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 08:42:40 PM »

If there was a way past the door, there might be a way to avoid a savewarp in dc with some ww routes

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: