ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:51:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Small time save in resetting the game  (Read 4811 times)
Valiant_Cookie
Deku Scrub

« on: June 19, 2015, 08:17:41 PM »

Hello there, I was just watching a streamer run Bravely Default when a person in the chat suggested a faster way to reset the game.

You can press the 3DS's power button to access the sleep mode menu and then press the homescreen button from there to quit to the homescreen. It seemed to faster by several seconds.

Maybe you guys already do this, but it was the first I've heard of it so I'd thought I'd let you know.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 05:23:08 AM »

Just tested, it's about 1 second faster.

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
demolition14
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 09:10:18 AM »

Try and post things like this in the research and discovery page in the future, it makes the MM3D page cleaner Smiley

"I will marry Demo when he gets WR" - Iwabi74
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 02:01:36 PM »

Just out of curiosity, I tested this myself (old 3DS + cart) without SD card and no internet to skip the update message, and using the power button method was actually one second slower than quitting via home menu. It might be faster on a n3DS though.

I'm kinda wondering if you can save time by getting rid of the streetpass stuff somehow via custom firmware or something :/

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
kronspik
Deku Scrub

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 04:35:03 AM »

I'm going to guess that using custom firmware to save time would be super sketchy.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 08:43:49 AM »

Just out of curiosity, I tested this myself (old 3DS + cart) without SD card and no internet to skip the update message, and using the power button method was actually one second slower than quitting via home menu. It might be faster on a n3DS though.

I'm kinda wondering if you can save time by getting rid of the streetpass stuff somehow via custom firmware or something :/
I tested on a N3DS Digital copy, and I'm pretty sure internet was off. Don't really know my SD card specs, though.

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: