ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 09:35:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT Puzzle Challenge  (Read 3646 times)
Gutiger
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: May 01, 2015, 07:59:57 AM »

Happy May, all! With the advent of some of new glitches in this game, I decided to try my hand at making a puzzle. It started out as something relatively simple, and over time I tweaked it into the restrictive monster you see before you. It requires a lot of relatively new techniques, and you'll also have to dig deep as it requires some obscure old tech as well.

It's not really a puzzle that can be raced, or even played in real time, as a lot of the required maneuvers are easy to fail. In this regard, it's more of a puzzle to see if you can figure out how to solve it, rather than actually execute it. Beware: extremely advanced Ocarina of Time knowledge is required to be able to solve this puzzle.

And of course, it's possible that even in light of my thorough testing, I missed something that would potentially break the puzzle.

The Puzzle:
http://i.imgur.com/T1a5j3K.jpg

If you have any questions, proposed solutions, puzzle-breaking mechanics, comments, critiques, or hint requests, just post in this topic, or send me a PM here, or at twitch.tv/gutiger.
Gutiger
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 03:48:02 AM »

Since it's been long enough, I'll post the solution here.

The puzzle is really really difficult to execute, many of the tricks required I have found little documentation for, and a fair many others are pretty much TAS only (among other things, there are a lot of ridiculous sideflip Bombchu hovers.) As well, it requires GIM, Child BA, and a plethora of other fun things.

Full solution: http://pastebin.com/4tn20nXz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: