ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:58:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding Skull Kid Cutscene Skip  (Read 5058 times)
reidenlightman
Regular Guay

I think I'm amazing. I'm not.

Email
« on: April 13, 2015, 04:10:48 AM »

Has there been a search for an absolute 100% consistent method? I feel like no matter how good of a setup I find and try, nothing gets me above 30% consistency. I tried going through runs last Saturday, hoping I could get the cutscene skip so I could record a 2:11 or better run. (iPhone, no capture board, but that's a different thread for the future.) During my practice grinding in the morning, I got it 3 times in a row, then failed 15 more time, then got it 3 more times, then failed 5 more times later that day when i was trying to run. eventually I just went though with the run since I didn't have any time to restart or do first cycle over again. I was ahead up until Gyorg who's RNG forced me to be more than a minute behind. (Some other bad luck led to a 2:17 run.)

So with that, has anybody come close to something 100% consistent? The method I've been using so far is targeting the front most pillar on the right side, lining my right foot with a certain + texture on the ground, side hopping left once, dry rolling 7 times, drawing the sword and shielding without swinging, swinging once into a shield, and swinging again into Ocarina. I've spotted a texture that I should be on to know if I've got it or not, and doing that, sometimes I'm all the way over it, sometimes I'm a good 10px behind it. Sometimes I'm in a good spot, and letting go of the Ocarina button too late causes the cutscene and it feels like I never had a chance since I practiced going into Ocarina out of a swing asap over 100 times in a row.

What setups have we found that can offer a fair consistency for runners? Something a runner might want to do if running in a Marathon like Games Done Quick.

MM3D, sub 2:15 in only 5 runs. I really need a capture board.
kronspik
Deku Scrub

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 04:56:06 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRVuvxLhV8M

I've found that mashing the ocarina button actually works well. You'd probably want to time it though. This setup is nice regardless.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 11:45:46 AM »

Please direct questions of this sort to the Q&A thread if you could in the future. Generally it is best not to make a thread if it can already be put somewhere else. We like to keep the forums as neat as possible so that finding old information can be easier. Thank you

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
reidenlightman
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 05:37:03 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRVuvxLhV8M

I've found that mashing the ocarina button actually works well. You'd probably want to time it though. This setup is nice regardless.

This is much better. Setup is faster, and failing/succeeding is faster, so this should improve my runs drastically.

Please direct questions of this sort to the Q&A thread if you could in the future. Generally it is best not to make a thread if it can already be put somewhere else. We like to keep the forums as neat as possible so that finding old information can be easier. Thank you

My apologies. I had forgotten that the thread even existed. It's pretty dead. I'll direct future questions there.

weckar
Deku Scrub

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 11:08:02 AM »

Seems to me the most consistent way WOULD be to escape during the first cycle, pick up the song of soaring and THEN end the cycle. If only because - during the first cycle - the trigger is simply not there.

Of course, with the current escape method requiring one to be on the last 6 hours AND do the bombers' tag game (as far as I am aware), it is no real time saver at this point.

Interestingly, we'd also be able incorporate a much easier early MV (although that may require clipping or bomb access... which means I'm rambling and should shut up).
reidenlightman
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 09:20:20 PM »

If a mod would like to delete this thread or move it to the garbage area, I think that would be appropriate. There's not much discussion here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: