ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:07:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Burned games on Modified Gamecube?  (Read 6623 times)
Biggs
Deku Scrub

« on: April 11, 2015, 12:28:56 AM »

I want to potentially start running this game soon, but I currently don't have access to a JP Wind Waker copy. I do however, have a Gamecube with a chip inside it that allows it to play games from any region and burned games. Would runs from a burned disc on this Gamecube be considered illegitimate? I do plan on eventually getting an actual JP copy that'd I'd play on my Wii, but I would like to be able to submit times before that happens without being forced to play on my English copy. I don't think a burned disc would lend any advantage, but I may be wrong. Anyways, thanks in advance!
Zbas
Deku Scrub

No

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 11:23:25 PM »

I'm not an expert in this kind of stuff but I'll try to help, Try doing greatfish superswim If you can get it consistently then It MAY load at the same speed as a real disk, and even If it loads at the same speed your run may not be verified, I'm not sure, feel free to correct me
Biggs
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 03:04:18 AM »

I think I might try making a comparison in a few days, because I have an actual copy for English, so I could burn another English copy and then see if there is any difference between the two. I can't see it being any different really, since they would be using the same physical hardware, but we'll see. But yeah, I'll be sure to test Greatfish as that seems like a good testing point, so thanks for that idea. Cheesy
Zbas
Deku Scrub

No

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 03:44:00 AM »

Also remember islands load faster on JP so you'll probably get the down the superswim on english easily and since you want to run JP I wouldn't recommend testing with english, but do whatever you're comorfatble with
Biggs
Deku Scrub

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 03:05:33 AM »

Ok, so I finally got around to make a comparison, and it seems the burned discs are slower than the original ones. I'm going to do this again on my Wii to see if there any difference, but I think the outcome will be the same. Anyways, here's the video I made. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDE7JVUPsOE
Zbas
Deku Scrub

No

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 05:39:32 PM »

I'm pretty sure your runs will get verified since you don't gain any advantage at all but the issue is that some emulators are slower aswell but the thing is that they are not allowed because it's not an official release
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: