ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:24:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My own glitchless route  (Read 6996 times)
demolition14
Deku Scrub

« on: April 02, 2015, 03:24:56 PM »

I saw 2 glitchless routes and didn't like either of them, so here is my own. Ask questions if you need to.

http://pastebin.com/BHudQgTL
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 08:47:46 PM by demolition14 » Logged

"I will marry Demo when he gets WR" - Iwabi74
reidenlightman
Regular Guay

I think I'm amazing. I'm not.

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 04:36:51 AM »

Some lines say to warp, but I think you should change it to say soar. It'd make more sense given the context since warping is often associated with a glitch or some sort of fast travel outside of warping. Death warping should still be called warping as long as it still specifies that it's a death warp.

You say Garo Mask when I think you mean Gibdo Mask. Also, saying "Mirror Shield" is cool and all, but when did you even get the ingredients? You should clarify that. I also doubt that going out of the way to get Stone Mask would save time in the long run. Pamela goes away from the door at a decent pace. Maybe, 10 second wait for her to get out of the way instead of a 20 second textbox+get mask scene. That's a lot in speedrunner time.

Maybe song of double time to dawn of 3rd day when you reach stone tower? Should be after midnight by the time you complete it. Also, should specify that you're not Zora clipping to get the Boss Key early in Stone Tower Temple.

If I get a sub 2:10 time verified for any%, I do want to take up glitchless runs. Have you logged any times for this route? If so, what times have you gotten? What do we think are the possibilities for glitchless?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 05:40:30 AM by reidenlightman » Logged

MM3D, sub 2:15 in only 5 runs. I really need a capture board.
demolition14
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 09:30:45 PM »

Sorry for the mistakes. I did one run and got a 4:54:27 but lost about 15 min to Gyorg and 20 to Gomess because I did not practice. I'm sure sub 4 is possible and I'm working towards that. The Stone mask also helps in the fortress and I do not know the closest spot to stay to sneak past Pamela the quickest. The problem with SODT to 3rd day is that if you're bad (like me) you may not have enough time.

I get the magic beans(MB) from the bean guy and buy it later along with the deku nuts(DN) and milk. I forgot to add the fish and the bombs.

I'm also working on a new route so this will be obsoleted  later.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:54:11 PM by demolition14 » Logged

demolition14
Deku Scrub

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 01:28:39 AM »

New route that completes the game in 2 cycles (provided you are fast).
http://pastebin.com/0mxyWFn9

reidenlightman
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 10:25:06 PM »

New route that completes the game in 2 cycles (provided you are fast).
http://pastebin.com/0mxyWFn9

Line 34: Soar to SH should be Soar to MV (Mountain Village). Snowhead refers to the area holding snowhead temple where wind would blow with the biggoron awake. By this route, at that time,  you haven't gotten the owl for Snowhead yet, and even if you did, soaring to Snowhead to go back to mountain village for Goron Mask doesn't make sense.

Lines 43 and 44: I'd probably switch these two since after you get the Zora mask, you could Goron roll a great distance toward the pirate's fortress. And it's a minimal extra amount of swimming to get the owl statue first, and would be a minimal amount of swimming toward Mikau to save him. Not to mention, this would put you in the water faster.

Line 47 and 48: I think there needs to be a "soar to Zora Cape" between these.

Line 68: Profit?

Line 87: I think you should specify that it's the Goron Race bottle (aka the Gold Dust bottle). In fact, I think saying "get gold dust" would make more sense.

Line 101: Alternatively, as human link, you can backflip onto the rock. It's pretty tricky, but I got a setup from someone else on the QandA thread. Go into the corner where you would do the goron jump, as human, target the rock, side hop left, dry roll twice, side hop right, dry roll, backflip (hold back during flip). This should get you onto the rock, and it's doesn't require a clip, so should be considered glitchless.

Lines 105 and 106: I think since you can buy a red potion at the trading post, that would be faster. Goron can definitely get to the trading post from clock town owl faster than it would take to get to hag's shop from southern swamp owl.

Lines 160 to 166: I think this can be combined into "Use EoE and long jumps to climb the tower as fast as you damn well please." Haha.

Line 180: should say "Sand Gyarados".

Notes:

I think this route is pretty solid. Have you logged any more times for this particular route?

demolition14
Deku Scrub

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 12:53:32 AM »

I'll fix these mistakes later

I agree with getting the zora mask after the owl statue

People know what i mean by giving eggs, also it is great bay coast not zora cape

Same with the bottle, i'm too lazy too write the full thing

I prefer to do the goron method by mashing a as it is semi-consistent

I get it from the hag because it is free their and i can't really get more rupees anywhere

Sand Gyarados doesn't work because he can't learn ember Kappa

No times right now because I am running hundo as of now along with routing other things

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:56:34 AM by demolition14 » Logged

reidenlightman
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 04:14:04 AM »

People know what i mean by giving eggs, also it is great bay coast not zora cape

Yeah, you got me, Great bay coast, not zora cape.
I just thought it was weird that any other time you would soar, it would be stated that you soar except for this time where you just say "give eggs."

Same with the bottle, i'm too lazy too write the full thing

In this case, more power to ya.

I prefer to do the goron method by mashing a as it is semi-consistent

Also more power to ya.

I get it from the hag because it is free their and i can't really get more rupees anywhere

Couldn't you gainer to the 100r chest in East Clock town? Plenty of rupees to buy potions with.

Sand Gyarados doesn't work because he can't learn ember Kappa

Kappa Shmappa... llama.

ToxicPlaysStuff
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 04:56:12 AM »

I can't wait to get my New 3DS (My old one broke bc it's old af) I haven't been able to do runs, but I was able to get 3:56:something idk with my route, i'll have to compare our routes and see if it's optimization or execution that causes the difference.
demolition14
Deku Scrub

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 11:02:53 AM »

3:56 is probably WR. sub 3 35 is possible with my route though, GL.

ToxicPlaysStuff
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »

Yeah I tried to record it but I ran out of space on my camera halfway through.  I'm going to see about getting a capture board, but I'll need to get a summer job soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: