ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:22:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussing Possible Topics for Change  (Read 34226 times)
Drenn
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2015, 07:55:31 PM »

I think this video is super relevant to this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94OlfZkRp4k

Basically shaq jumping is super-broken now. It would be super cool to have a category using this and more oob tricks, but now I'm definitely less inclined to see a main category with oob tricks Tongue
Flynn
Regular Guay

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2015, 11:08:24 PM »

There already kinda exists a category that is No WW(allows OoB).

In theory its neat to think about a category that would allow all these cool out of bounds tricks, but really the route just becomes one out of bounds jump after d2 that sends you into the nightmare room so none of the tech is really there because the run is only 20 minutes long.

That and the game has a chance of randomly crashing once you enter the nightmare room, which just makes it incredibly not fun to run.
Drenn
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2015, 12:42:08 AM »

There already kinda exists a category that is No WW(allows OoB).

In theory its neat to think about a category that would allow all these cool out of bounds tricks, but really the route just becomes one out of bounds jump after d2 that sends you into the nightmare room so none of the tech is really there because the run is only 20 minutes long.

That and the game has a chance of randomly crashing once you enter the nightmare room, which just makes it incredibly not fun to run.
I'm aware of that category, though I'm thinking of something more along the lines of tompa's definition of "no wrong warp". Where you can't transition between cave systems that shouldn't be connected, so you still need to do all the dungeons. Could be interesting.
LoenP
Regular Guay

« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2015, 02:20:30 AM »

Agreed with Drenn 100% in that Tompa's definition of OoB is a lot better. The use of the transition to the Windfish Egg at the end of the current no WW route diminishes the interest and enjoyability of the run a lot, imo. Sticking to only allowing shaq jumping where you cannot use it to transition between dungeons and cave systems that aren't meant to be connected leaves the route as a much more interesting playthrough and puts it in a more unique time span (for LADX categories anyway) of around 30-45 minutes?
Flynn
Regular Guay

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2015, 05:28:46 AM »

I'd actually be really interested in seeing what this category could look like then
friedpotato
Deku Scrub

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2015, 03:04:52 PM »

For anyone watching this topic, I made a post in the superjump thread with new proposed rules based on a lot of the discussion I read here.
http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1845.msg30512#msg30512
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: