ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 09:37:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire Temple to Ganon's Castle WW with pillar up?  (Read 2983 times)
nickenator8
Regular Guay

Email
« on: March 29, 2015, 03:19:52 AM »

I'm learning the VC All Dungeons route, but the fastest route does 900/1080 with the pillar up, and I use the blue gem as a visual que. Are there any videos showing the frames/inputs for this WW?
Chain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 08:46:43 AM »

You can use the same setup with the pillar as without the pillar. For the visual cue you can look at how the bottom of the hilt of the sword on your B button lines up with the edge of Link's shield for the first 2-frame window. On the second frame of this 2 frame window the hilt should just barely touch the edge of Link's shield (you must also have have mirror shield equipped but that's what would be equipped in the run anyway).

For the next 2 frame window I personally just looked at Link's angle. When he is facing 90 degrees from the camera then you have the first frame of the 2 frame window. Also the left edge of his boot should line up with the bottom of the hilt of the sword on B.

These may not be the best visual cues and at first they might be difficult to detect but with practice they quickly become easy to identify.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: