ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 06:16:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: What do you think I should do about my Ages run?
Put Seg'd on Hold, do NG SS
Put Seg'd on Hold, do NG+ SS
Do both Seg'd and NG SS
Do both Seg'd and NG+ SS
Keep doing segmented
Stop speedrunning for now, take a break

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About my OoA run...  (Read 8822 times)
SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« on: July 12, 2010, 04:12:19 PM »

With each attempt that fails, I lose motivation for my Ages segmented run.  I'm up at over 700 attempts in just over 4 hours, and my latest spree (2 attempts to the final room in like 35 minutes).

I really don't know what to do.  I want to finish this, so a complete drop is out of the question.  Link's Awakening is dropped because Tigger finished his run.  Seasons is also an option, but that segment is in and around the difficulty of the Ages segment, so I'd prefer to avoid that for now.

Just give me some input, I really don't know what to do here.

PS: Sig, dropping all my speed runs and maining MM is not an option.

[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK
Tigger77
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 05:43:42 PM »

I know that dilemma zelda games can be frustrating as hell I voted for both SS and Seg. because you doing a really great job so far and it would be a total wast of this massiv work.
I suggest that you make a little break with the seg and make some planing thing with SS and some tests, thats the things that motivated me most because its something new and fresh and you see some progress and when you fell better with the segments try it again.
Don't push yourself to mutch before loosing all motivation take a little break then test if it still makes no fun more break the time will come  Grin

good luck with your run hope you will keep up the good work.
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 09:39:23 PM »

I don't know how technical the segment is vs how luck based it is, but I found when doing segments that taking long breaks just means I have to relearn the techniques and such of the segment again when I come back, so I voted to keep going. However, taking like a week or two just to get away from it and do something else might not be a bad idea.

BTW I'm still only at like 250 for my attempts.  Tongue

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 05:15:20 AM »

A week or 2 break does actually sound good. Honestly the thing I would do is take a break from all of your runs for 2 weeks, and play some non-zelda stuff, maybe even a break from games for a bit. Problem is, is don't take too long of a break. I dunno if it's just me, but when I take a long break it takes me a while to jump back on the boat.

One thing I do just for shits and giggles sometimes is pick up an older game I've never really played or it's been too long since I've played it to remember anything and try to run through it. Just something different, and that way you don't really lose that 'speedrunning' vibe

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 08:16:23 PM »

IMO you should take a break from OoT.

peteyboo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 11:13:59 PM »

Hey peoples.

I'm going to start up my run again real soon. I have a bit more time that I usually do now that I'm on co-op instead of taking classes, and I've found new interest in this game after seeing your segments. It looks like you have figured out a bunch of my tricks unfortunately, but that just means I have to be better than before. Your run even gave me a few hints (like that savewarp after the second key in the Wing Dungeon that I wouldn't have thought of). Of course, I still have a few things you didn't see, and I will of course test these to see if they're faster.

So yeah, if you're not completely done with this run, I suggest continuing it so we can feed off the competition or something.

Now all I need is a DVD recorder... and my cartridge. <_< ... and a TV to record them on. >_> ... and a power strip so I can plug in 4 things in one outlet... Well this sucks. -_-
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 06:49:51 AM »

Peteyboo, I'm glaring at you.

You know why.

ded
peteyboo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 10:23:21 PM »

<_< Don't worry. I will totally work on that as well. But right now, a two hour run seems a lot more inviting than a 15 hour run...
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 04:50:33 PM »

and a power strip so I can plug in 4 things in one outlet... Well this sucks. -_-

If you're feeling lazy ATM and don't want to buy a power strip (trust me with where I'm going with this;), I could look for mine and send it your way. I really have no need for it in my apartment right now. You wouldn't even need to give it back.

Send me a PM if you're interested in a free power strip. Or you can go buy one if you want. Personally, I'd take the free one  Grin

* Yes, I want to see a run of OoA so bad that I'm willing to donate a power strip if it'll make it happen! 0_o *

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: