ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:31:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Practising VC Majoras Mask, need help!  (Read 5139 times)
BlackDemon
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: February 27, 2015, 06:40:45 AM »

Hello there, I have some serious problems using my WII to practise MM. I want to use cheats, so i don't need to reload all the time to practise superslides etc. I got the normal and original European PAL version of Majoras Mask and tried to use GECKO OS. It says applying Codes but they don't work ingame!

And if I try to load the japanese version of MM in GECKO OS (using cheats) i get an exception crash, though it works fine with PRIILOADER (region free).

Why do the cheats not work on my PAL version? I really read everything carefully and it also says "Applying Codes". But nothing appears ingame. Please help. Im really desperated right now.
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 04:12:05 PM »

Someone had the same problem with OoT. He chose the wrong hooktype: http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1773.msg29159#msg29159.

Are you sure, your codes are written for the PAL-version?
BlackDemon
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 10:33:26 AM »

Hi, thanks for the answer. My Hooktype is set to default. And I used these codes: http://geckocodes.org/index.php?c=NARP

But maybe it is a general problem, in other words maybe no game will work with cheats. but then - why? I commit that I am really a newbie to that stuff. Just wanted to practise a bit. But it won't let me  Sad
scaramanga
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 11:56:07 AM »

If I remember correctly, I had to patch IOS 36 (before that, it didn't show the option to launch anything). As an alternative you could also try to use USB Loader GX (cheats must be on SD).
BlackDemon
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »

I patched to IOS36 already and I am able to launch Channels such as Majoras Mask. As an alternative I tried to use WiiLauncher but I can't get it work. It says something like "can't apply patches".

Isn't there any speedrunner who can tell me which steps to do? I mean I could manually virganize my WII and then install everything required.
BlackDemon
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 06:33:31 AM »

I justed used AnyRegionChanger to set the video mode to pal... Tadaaaa, it finally works without modyf. the wad so I can practise!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: