ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:09:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone have information on MM3D unrestricted items glitch?  (Read 4082 times)
riotan
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: February 24, 2015, 11:49:12 AM »

seen on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiTLjhtwxD0&feature=youtu.be

its clear you can do unrestricted items,

for some reason first person mode logs the usability status of your items on the slot, however it doesn't seem like you can just exit First person mode and mash the button to get it to work,

is there another step?
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:54:15 AM »

Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions

Read CloudMax's post.
Segfault
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 03:14:22 PM »

seen on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiTLjhtwxD0&feature=youtu.be

its clear you can do unrestricted items,

for some reason first person mode logs the usability status of your items on the slot, however it doesn't seem like you can just exit First person mode and mash the button to get it to work,

is there another step?
You just have to be frame perfect and have the pictograph. I just confirmed that it still works on 1.1, so it's all good if you want to run around as FD Link all over the place (but the game often crash when you try to open doors or talk to people).
My method is basically: Place usable item on Y. Enter Pictograph, open Items/Masks and replace the Y item with a restricted item, exit the inventory. Press B and Y at the same time.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 07:12:07 AM »

I've found the by far easiest consistent way to do it (for me at least) is to simply take a picture, and mash the button you have the item on as you click on "yes" to save picture in the dialog.
This way you get a headstart on mashing, so it is super easy to get, no need to time it. I haven't ever failed it this way. 100% consistent.

Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 03:48:38 PM »

I've found the by far easiest consistent way to do it (for me at least) is to simply take a picture, and mash the button you have the item on as you click on "yes" to save picture in the dialog.
This way you get a headstart on mashing, so it is super easy to get, no need to time it. I haven't ever failed it this way. 100% consistent.

Great find... worked first try... no frame perfection needed now. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: