ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:08:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173637 times)
reidenlightman
Regular Guay

I think I'm amazing. I'm not.

Email
« Reply #360 on: May 17, 2015, 01:13:32 AM »

Sorry guys, but can you stop calling him Ghomess? It's Gomess...

Kappa

Really? [checks in the game] Oh crap.

MM3D, sub 2:15 in only 5 runs. I really need a capture board.
Madmonk12345
Regular Guay

« Reply #361 on: May 17, 2015, 05:11:09 PM »

Ooh. I just had a really crazy idea, an idea that would make Romani's mask faster than Gibdo if it worked and we found a better way to get past the boulder at Romani Ranch.

We can speed up the clock without gibdo's mask by bottle duping over deku mask. what would happen if we had fast clock speed during the alien event and when protecting the milk? the scenes might go by instantly. If we did it this way, a major interfering element to hookshot skip would be put to rest as well because we'd never need to do hookshot clip.

At the very least, this would be great for hundred percent with gibdo mask BA to speed up the waits for those events.
reidenlightman
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #362 on: May 17, 2015, 07:16:46 PM »

Ooh. I just had a really crazy idea, an idea that would make Romani's mask faster than Gibdo if it worked and we found a better way to get past the boulder at Romani Ranch.

We can speed up the clock without gibdo's mask by bottle duping over deku mask. what would happen if we had fast clock speed during the alien event and when protecting the milk? the scenes might go by instantly. If we did it this way, a major interfering element to hookshot skip would be put to rest as well because we'd never need to do hookshot clip.

At the very least, this would be great for hundred percent with gibdo mask BA to speed up the waits for those events.

I'm going to start working on this and see what I find. Anything I find will be edited into this post.

Post below me is correct.

Another edit: I tried. There's not way this can be useful.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:46:22 AM by reidenlightman » Logged

BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #363 on: May 17, 2015, 08:46:34 PM »

Ghost movement is based on the clock, so the ghosts would reach the barn instantly.

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
reidenlightman
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #364 on: May 18, 2015, 06:00:04 AM »

Two more finds.

Climb Kevin Turtle W/O Entering Great Bay

Based Grezzo (The Many Ways of Ikana Early)

TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #365 on: May 18, 2015, 06:39:14 AM »

Problems with this:
-no fast Woodfall Temple without hookshot
-have to see how fast Deku Mask BA makes time move, might be hours per frame like Gibdo Mask

My 100% route does Romani Ranch in a single trip in 100%, idk what other ideas there are...
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #366 on: May 18, 2015, 09:22:47 PM »

Nice.

I found an easier more consistent setup based of yours (works for all transform masks and normal link): L Target + A , release wait a little (important), L target hold down

Waiting a half a second after L-A AND holding down L for 1 second gives the time for navi to lock on the statue... now this trick consistency is 100% and doesnt require to spam L-A-L

Also for the backflip setup, you can just put yourself behind the rock (zoras head in the middle of the rock's angled texture), and simply roll + backflip. Also works with link.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:00:47 PM by Masterluigisw » Logged

gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #367 on: May 29, 2015, 08:02:05 PM »

Have you guys kept up with ISG? There are 2 ways to ISG as Deku now x)))
ToxicPlaysStuff
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #368 on: May 30, 2015, 02:24:15 AM »

So I found this glitch i'm going to call Bow/Hookshot storage, it functions in pretty much the same way mask storage works. You do a backflip and hold the button for the hookshot or bow long enough for Link to perform his equipping animation before he hits the ground, and make sure you pull out your shield after the animation is complete and before you hit the ground. If you did it right, you'll be holding the shield as if Link was aiming the hookshot or bow. Make sure you release the shield button before untargeting to maintain the glitch. Now whenever you target, link will be holding whatever item you used, and when you press up or down, he will aim the bow/hookshot, but if you sidestep he will stop aiming and move normally. Rolling, equipping another item, or jumping of a ledge will get rid of it. I don't really think it has any practical uses, but I think we should look into doing this with other items and see if any of those have uses.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #369 on: June 10, 2015, 09:12:34 PM »

Would it be possible to do a Mask jump on the way to Great Bay Early, instead of just a jumpslash? Would it even be easier?

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Madmonk12345
Regular Guay

« Reply #370 on: June 10, 2015, 09:46:19 PM »

Would it be possible to do a Mask jump on the way to Great Bay Early, instead of just a jumpslash? Would it even be easier?
It wouldn't be easier or faster as the timing for mask jumps with child link isn't anywhere as convenient as the timing for zora link, generally requiring multiple buffers. Also, it doesn't actually gain more height than a jump slash though it puts link into a state where you can move which might make the trick a little easier after the mask jump is done.

It's worth testing though. Should be possible at least.
Madmonk12345
Regular Guay

« Reply #371 on: June 16, 2015, 09:54:40 PM »

I thought I recalled that there was some way to get ocarina out in first cycle in MM that was declared useless because you still had to learn the song of time anyways. Does anyone remember anything about it?

If it were possible in MM3D, we could do song of double time and advance straight to midnight of the third day, skipping a substantial amount of waiting.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #372 on: June 17, 2015, 03:35:48 PM »

Wouldn't you still need to have learned the Song of Time to play Song of Double Time  anyways?

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #373 on: June 17, 2015, 04:35:04 PM »

I think that technique only works as human, actually. I messed around with it in first cycle with no luck. The method is to grab the ledge on Honey and Darling on the third day just as the time runs out so that the lowering platform makes you jump down after the time runs out. Then play again and jump down right away. It's kinda tricky as deku  but I never got ocarina when I tried.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Madmonk12345
Regular Guay

« Reply #374 on: June 17, 2015, 10:57:54 PM »

Wouldn't you still need to have learned the Song of Time to play Song of Double Time  anyways?
No actually. They are special case songs that work regardless of what you've learned. This is why low% can't use them- using them once writes them into your song list.

Song of time has no special case because it's written into your song list by the memory of Zelda CS and therefore doesn't need any code written for it specifically.

Sorry, I was going off of memory, though to be fair the proof that this doesn't work was very difficult to find. :/

I found the video if what I was thinking of. Song time and song of inverted time don't work when you don't know the song of time for no good reason:/ The reason I thought SoDT might work and that no one would have cared about it seemed so plausible too. Nothing to see here. Sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8b7neEUcks
In JP 1.0, you can pull out restricted items in H&D in the first cycle for some bizarre reason, allowing you to pull out the ocarina first cycle via Bomb OI.
This is potentially possible in MM3D in first cycle, depending on whether some old glitches still work or not. It's a bit of a longshot given multiple contingencies. The main problem is lack of a way to access an item that gives a cutscene like the title deed did.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:53:36 PM by Madmonk12345 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27
  Print  

Jump to: