ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:22:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173534 times)
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #300 on: April 04, 2015, 08:36:37 PM »

Did extensives tests with kamaro BA... some new stuff:

Infinite day change until moon crash
(It also made Spring mountain village into Winter mountain village).

infinite fire arrow... you can move arround by holding L target and shield. Death cancels the effects.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 12:00:17 AM by Masterluigisw » Logged

gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #301 on: April 08, 2015, 04:12:52 PM »

Did extensives tests with kamaro BA... some new stuff:

Infinite day change until moon crash
(It also made Spring mountain village into Winter mountain village).

infinite fire arrow... you can move arround by holding L target and shield. Death cancels the effects.

Yeah, pretty much Great Fairy Sword, fire arrows, ocarina and drinking chateu romani are confirmed to happened, never got fire arrows after the first time it happened lol https://youtu.be/PzLzzQoEt0w

Do you think is like Gibdo's? Using a timer or something to make stuff happen?
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #302 on: April 08, 2015, 10:43:51 PM »

Yeah, pretty much Great Fairy Sword, fire arrows, ocarina and drinking chateu romani are confirmed to happened, never got fire arrows after the first time it happened lol https://youtu.be/PzLzzQoEt0w

Do you think is like Gibdo's? Using a timer or something to make stuff happen?

Oh yah, drinking bottle... got that too lol. Did this shit for 3 hours. But the most common one is the infinite ocarina. The rarest ones seem to be Infinite Day Change and Infinite fire arrow. Only got those once too...

I also once got link with Goron mask effect. And few times the Fairy mask quick on/off.

I actually tried to mess with time, I tried to mess with my item equips... I tried to mess with how you exist grotto (jumpslash, backflip etc.), I tried the 2 HSW grottos and I didn't find any consistency whatsoever. It really seems to write memory adresses randomly. So everytime you exit grotto you're like "ok wtf will happen now" lol.

So these are all the effects known to date of Kamaro BA:

Infinite Ocarina
Infinite GFS
Infinite Fire Arrow
Infinite Romani Bottle Drink
Infinite Day Change
Goron Mask on Link
Great Fairy Mask quick on/off
Game crash

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:51:01 PM by Masterluigisw » Logged

Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #303 on: April 09, 2015, 01:25:36 AM »

Can someone clarify what you guys mean by "infinite?" same animation (softlock), infinite ammo... What?

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
Zyxeos
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #304 on: April 09, 2015, 06:07:42 AM »

Hi guys! I was wondering if anybody had written a detailed guide on Action Swap (Fire arrow with Deku Stick) Glitch. This is a really neat glitch and I am seeing the top speedrunners for MM3D Any% do it multiple times on the run. There are very few tricks that I have yet to master until I can start fully running the game, and I am guessing I am not the only one that wants to learn Action Swap. So please let me know how this trick works!!

Thank you Cheesy

Z
kronspik
Deku Scrub

« Reply #305 on: April 09, 2015, 06:51:51 AM »

There are 2 useful ways to trigger action swap in any%:

1) Pull out your bow and draw an arrow in first-person mode. With the arrow still drawn, press stick and then press Tatl 1 frame later. If you set an alarm, you can get a Tatl dialog anytime you want.
- Used in Woodfall temple to light the torch (Tatl wants to talk to you in this room, so you can leverage that)
- Used to unfreeze Goht via Tatl alarm

2) Have the bow in your hand. You can do this easily by aiming with the bow and then blocking. Then go up to an NPC and hold R. While holding R, press stick and then talk to the NPC 1 frame later.
- Used in mountain area to get action swap from Tingle.

Then, once you have action swap through one of the above methods, pull out your bow in first person (but don't draw an arrow). Then hold L, press the stick button, and release the stick button. You will shoot a flaming arrow.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 06:57:44 AM by kronspik » Logged
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #306 on: April 09, 2015, 04:28:03 PM »

Can someone clarify what you guys mean by "infinite?" same animation (softlock), infinite ammo... What?

We mean infinite draw/cycles. It's a cycle you cannot get out of (at least as of what we know of today).

The infinite fire arrow is basically link drawing out a fire arrow infinitly. (you cannot shoot it).

Hi guys! I was wondering if anybody had written a detailed guide on Action Swap (Fire arrow with Deku Stick) Glitch. This is a really neat glitch and I am seeing the top speedrunners for MM3D Any% do it multiple times on the run. There are very few tricks that I have yet to master until I can start fully running the game, and I am guessing I am not the only one that wants to learn Action Swap. So please let me know how this trick works!!

Thank you Cheesy

Z

You are probably not holding L while trying it.

Press start button -> circle pad to right -> press the Talt alarm button -> Set talt alarm -> SoDT to the time of Alarm -> equip hookshot + stick on X-Y -> put hookshot in first person -> Press stick + fast the right D pad input (if you hear the putaway sound you while talt text comes up you did it right). Press Stick + press L target (You have a few frames only). Or you can press L before and after the stick button so it's not frame perfect.

Also someone should put Action Swap in the tricks section and what it's usefull for (Melt Goht, Melt grotto ice blocks, alternative to Mountain Early)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:19:46 PM by Masterluigisw » Logged

Zyxeos
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2015, 12:30:59 AM »

We mean infinite draw/cycles. It's a cycle you cannot get out of (at least as of what we know of today).

The infinite fire arrow is basically link drawing out a fire arrow infinitly. (you cannot shoot it).

You are probably not holding L while trying it.

Press start button -> circle pad to left -> press the Talt alarm button -> Set talt alarm -> SoDT to the time of Alarm -> equip hookshot + stick on X-Y -> put hookshot in first person -> Press stick + fast the left D pad input (if you hear the putaway sound you while talt text comes up you did it right). Press Stick + press L target (You have a few frames only). Or you can press L before and after the stick button so it's not frame perfect.

Also someone should put Action Swap in the tricks section and what it's usefull for (Melt Goht, Melt grotto ice blocks, alternative to Mountain Early)

There are 2 useful ways to trigger action swap in any%:

1) Pull out your bow and draw an arrow in first-person mode. With the arrow still drawn, press stick and then press Tatl 1 frame later. If you set an alarm, you can get a Tatl dialog anytime you want.
- Used in Woodfall temple to light the torch (Tatl wants to talk to you in this room, so you can leverage that)
- Used to unfreeze Goht via Tatl alarm

2) Have the bow in your hand. You can do this easily by aiming with the bow and then blocking. Then go up to an NPC and hold R. While holding R, press stick and then talk to the NPC 1 frame later.
- Used in mountain area to get action swap from Tingle.

Then, once you have action swap through one of the above methods, pull out your bow in first person (but don't draw an arrow). Then hold L, press the stick button, and release the stick button. You will shoot a flaming arrow.

Thank you guys! I will try that now. I am almost done with learning this run completely. I just need to practice Gibdo clip more because it is tough for me to get the right set-up.

This community rocks socks!
reidenlightman
Regular Guay

I think I'm amazing. I'm not.

Email
« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2015, 07:23:07 AM »

Thank you guys! I will try that now. I am almost done with learning this run completely. I just need to practice Gibdo clip more because it is tough for me to get the right set-up.

This community rocks socks!

I find it's always easiest with Hookshot on X and not Y since there's less risk of accidentally pressing B or the other item button. You can hold hookshot with the end of your thumb while pressing A with the middle. Practice side-hopping and letting go of the hookshot when you hit the floor. Don't be afraid to let go of hookshot a few frames early. This clip used to be tricky for me too. I grinded it for half an hour straight, and now I'm pretty consistent at both getting it and walking straight into the loading zone aftewards.

Don't get me wrong, I still suck at a lot of stuff. Skull kid cutscene for example.

MM3D, sub 2:15 in only 5 runs. I really need a capture board.
Madmonk12345
Regular Guay

« Reply #309 on: April 18, 2015, 09:46:56 PM »

Video demonstration of consecutive mask jumps(Jump slash cancels?):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOcf0urrops

Since nothing seems to happen with new discoveries until someone makes a video, I've decided to make a video of my version of the prior TAS only trick, demonstrating it possible semi-consistently even if it's a little slower on console.

It also documents an interesting property of consecutive mask jumps: if the third consecutive mask jump is failed, Zora Link goes into strange alternative animation that continues until link lands on the ground resembling Zora Link holding his fins to shoot them, crashing when it hits the ground. This doesn't apply to any failed mask jump after or before the third, which all generally don't crash unless you are really low to the ground, often even surprising myself to how lenient they are. This different animation might provide something interesting for Deku and regular link, but the trick is much much harder for those two so I haven't tested yet what it will do.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #310 on: April 20, 2015, 06:23:04 PM »

Found these a while ago but forgot to post about them:

This may only be relevant for a TAS, but I found a way to backflip over the desk after listening to granny's stories. Grezzo changed the hitbox of the desk so that it is almost impossible to backflip over without talking to the receptionist. This means it's not possible to backflip easily over the desk like you could in MM64 but I found a very specific spot that Deku can backflip from and get on top of it.

You want to stay as close to the door frame as possible and walk up until you see the "speak" prompt. Inch back as little as possible until it disappears. Like in the picture above, backflip at that angle and hold down+left. It might take you a few tries but you'll eventually land on top of the desk. Honestly, it's pretty hard to do and is probably not worth it. But hey, might as well document anything that's faster.

---------

The 2nd thing, which was already known in MM64, is getting the rock sirloin early.

Some of you may know about this, but I feel like it's not as well known as it should be.

What you do is, light a Deku Stick on fire after playing the lullaby, then light one of the torches on the balcony. Take out your bow and shoot an arrow through the fire at the center of the chandelier. This will light up the chandelier without lighting up all the torches.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:19:26 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
Madmonk12345
Regular Guay

« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2015, 03:17:31 AM »

Btw, how are we going to get into milk bar with mask jump? i'm thinking we can ledge clip on the wall next to the east clock town guard and Mask jump there, but i'm not so sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keZ5e8BdntI

If we do this clip, then we should have the correct angle I think. I can't get it working though to test it; I keep getting pushed out of the wall.

Anyone else get this working?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:26:52 AM by Madmonk12345 » Logged
Madmonk12345
Regular Guay

« Reply #312 on: April 25, 2015, 02:40:13 AM »

I've done some more testing. The clip is actually pretty easy, and it should only take about 4 - 5 consecutive mask jumps to make it into the loading zone. If we do that, then we can skip Epona.
gymnast86
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #313 on: April 25, 2015, 06:29:00 AM »

I haven't tried doing consecutive mask jumps myself, however some people say that doing 3 of them in a row crashes the game
weckar
Deku Scrub

« Reply #314 on: April 25, 2015, 01:44:50 PM »

I've been trying the Pictobox method for RI, and for some reason it is just not working for me. Whenever I tap the RI button when going out of the pictobox, it instead just re-enters the pictobox, resetting the item validities.
Is my timing just off?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: