ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:55:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173538 times)
BALDORF!
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #225 on: March 16, 2015, 04:54:12 AM »

Well then I'd suggest what Jeville said, make sure you unequip the deku mask right after you transform. Don't hit any other buttons until your human again, same goes when you store again to get your sword back.
AJPirate
Deku Scrub

« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2015, 09:28:09 PM »

I'm not sure if this was already discovered or if it has any use in a speedrun, but I found an interesting way to "teleport" Link using Epona and Mask storage. And you can bypass loading zones with it.

First perform Mask Storage and run up to Epona and climb on her just like you would while doing the Deku sword glitch. So now you should be on Epona as a mask form. Un-equip the mask from the X/Y/I/II button so now you're human Link. Without pressing any buttons, move the circle pad, Epona will start moving but Link won't. Now if you stop Epona and press A, Link will climb on Epona, then you can press A again to dismount, and voila, you've teleported!

But I also found a use for this, which is bypassing loading zones. I'm not sure if it's useful for anything in a speedrun but you can because apparently Epona doesn't trigger them.

So first, do the things you did up there to move Epona without Link, then move her into a loading zone. Rather then triggering it, she'll run right past it. So once you've gotten past it. Press A to climb on Epona and then again to dismount, and you'll be on the other side of the loading zone without triggering it. I thought this could be useful to maybe do something with Epona in clocktown? Because you can walk through some walls because they're not loaded.

Tell me what you think!
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2015, 12:50:03 AM »

yeah AJPirate, that's being known since MM, that was one way you could get to hidden owl without explosives or cheats Tongue
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2015, 01:07:47 AM »

For those who have more knowledge on the route than me, this may sound dumb to you, but I think bow is skipable. You can QuickDraw/action swap a fire arrow with hookshot. This may mean r.i.p bow but I'm not sure.

Edit: Nevermind. You have to have quiver
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:17:19 AM by Squirelofjustice » Logged
PVZBronyGod
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2015, 01:41:20 AM »

For those who have more knowledge on the route than me, this may sound dumb to you, but I think bow is skipable. You can QuickDraw/action swap a fire arrow with hookshot. This may mean r.i.p bow but I'm not sure.

Edit: Nevermind. You have to have quiver

Hi this is PVZBronyGod...
I came here to discover more about the glitches of MM3D...
I do not know what Action Swap is. Tell me...
PVZBronyGod
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2015, 01:43:45 AM »

Heart piece duplication!! You need 5th Day to do this:

1. Save at Mountain Village with Gibdo Mask slot changed to a bottle.
2. Quit the game, get a stopwatch.
3. Start a timer when you open the game.
4. When timer reaches 1:25, catch HSW.
5. Inverted Song of Time quickly. If purple banner says 2nd/Final Day, start over.*
6. Soar to town.
7. Speak to the carpenter carrying wood.
8. Carpenter will stay in place. Put on Postman's hat and check mailbox.
9. You'll move around with the text. Hookshot the 20 Rupee chest.
10. Face the camera to the mailbox and open the chest.
11. Gold Rupee will appear on Link but you'll get a heart piece and another.
12. Do not check the mailbox. Go back in time.
13. Repeat all steps. You get two pieces each time.

Notes:
The carpenter will either have to be close enough to the mailbox, or to have the camera facing him when you check.
Tapping buttons will not work when you move around with text, so only B/X/Y can be used.
*If you take Ocarina out fast enough to not see purple banner, you'll be on 0th Day so advance to midnight before soaring out to take you to dawn of 5th Day.
Google docs for 5th Day stuff can be viewed here.

FIFTH DAY??? Vid please
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2015, 02:03:56 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjuiSX1HwCU

small timesave in inverted STT.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2015, 04:06:23 AM »

I discovered an interesting speed trick with Deku Link. If u hold circle pad to sidehop, let go of L, and press A right before u land to Spin, Deku will spin at max speed. This is useful since it eliminates the startup Deku had when running or spinning, and the timing's not too strict IMO. A couple of notable spots so far are 1) tunnel before Tatl talks to u in front of Deku flower [backwalk, then sidehop spin around corner into Tatl CS] and 2) East Clock Town 1st cycle Day 1 [sidehop spin towards Deku flower].
Sidehop Spin. Kinda has a nice ring to it, don'cha think?

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2015, 05:29:48 AM »

I discovered a new way of clipping OoB using the restricted items trick. Sorry if this is already been found, but again, It wasn't discussed on here.

Anyways:

So what you do is, turn into Zora Link and dive underwater somewhere that has a ceiling above your head (like a tunnel or platform). Perform the RI trick and put on the Deku Mask. Since there is no place for Deku to surface, he will clip through the ceiling above you and be at the same level as the water in the area you're in. This on it's own can skip a few things just by bouncing up through platforms or something.

But I further found something to go along with this. After clipping with Deku, you'll eventually run out of bounces and void out in some area but I figured out a way to equip the Zora Mask before he even starts bouncing. This can let you swim around OoB and could potentially lead to some skips.

The way its done is, once you put on the deku mask, don't press any buttons to speed up the transformation (dont know if it matters but w/e). Then the 1-2 frames Deku starts his bounce, press up and the button for zora mask. If done correctly, you'll turn back into Zora while still being OoB.

I tested this in Great Bay:

Zora Hall:

and Stone Tower:

In Stone Tower, it can be used to get on the bridge with the Eyegore and it's possible to clip OoB under the door with the Garo Master. I think this spot should be messed around with cause if an early Light Arrows was found, that'd be awesome lol
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:45:42 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2015, 10:32:04 AM »

Jump Slash Cancelling with a Mask is possible in MM3D, is the same jump as the extra jump from action swap from bow/hookshot to sword/stick, which theoretically you could "zombie hover" with.
 http://youtu.be/DFCFmIHta7c
PVZBronyGod
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2015, 12:03:50 PM »

I discovered a new way of clipping OoB using the restricted items trick. Sorry if this is already been found, but again, It wasn't discussed on here.

Anyways:

So what you do is, turn into Zora Link and dive underwater somewhere that has a ceiling above your head (like a tunnel or platform). Perform the RI trick and put on the Deku Mask. Since there is no place for Deku to surface, he will clip through the ceiling above you and be at the same level as the water in the area you're in. This on it's own can skip a few things just by bouncing up through platforms or something.

But I further found something to go along with this. After clipping with Deku, you'll eventually run out of bounces and void out in some area but I figured out a way to equip the Zora Mask before he even starts bouncing. This can let you swim around OoB and could potentially lead to some skips.

The way its done is, once you put on the deku mask, don't press any buttons to speed up the transformation (dont know if it matters but w/e). Then the 1-2 frames Deku starts his bounce, press up and the button for zora mask. If done correctly, you'll turn back into Zora while still being OoB.

I tested this in Great Bay:

Zora Hall:

and Stone Tower:

In Stone Tower, it can be used to get on the bridge with the Eyegore and it's possible to clip OoB under the door with the Garo Master. I think this spot should be messed around with cause if an early Light Arrows was found, that'd be awesome lol

What would Light Arrow Early do..?
This glitch is intradesting! Could has many uses
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2015, 12:08:39 PM »

We found this clipping method as soon as Restricted Items was discovered, the transformation at the end is new. So far it doesn't do much except let you hit a switch early in stone tower temple. It would be cool if we could skip the red turnkeys in Great Bay Temple with it though, knowing about this transformation technique

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2015, 12:16:13 PM »

Jump Slash Cancelling with a Mask is possible in MM3D, is the same jump as the extra jump from action swap from bow/hookshot to sword/stick, which theoretically you could "zombie hover" with.
 http://youtu.be/DFCFmIHta7c
Now I can finally practice Sewer Skip. Woop Woop Smiley
Speaking of terminology, my suggestion for the name would be something like Zora Double Jump since Zora is technically the only one that can do this.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2015, 01:33:21 PM »

Now I can finally practice Sewer Skip. Woop Woop Smiley
Speaking of terminology, my suggestion for the name would be something like Zora Double Jump since Zora is technically the only one that can do this.

No, this is done by all of the 3 forms, Human, Deku sword or Zora, when i found this out i was using Deku Link xD
Of course the reason he used was for the long jump.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:35:08 PM by gabyelnuevo » Logged
AJPirate
Deku Scrub

« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2015, 03:31:46 PM »

yeah AJPirate, that's being known since MM, that was one way you could get to hidden owl without explosives or cheats Tongue

Ah, ok. Sorry about that.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: