ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:26:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 174065 times)
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2015, 04:03:12 AM »

I found a way to skip using the bow for the rising platform section of Woodfall.

You can light a Deku Stick on the torch already in the room (by crouching) and roll jump off of the ledges to make it to this torch in time. You can then bomb boost off the left side of the platform to make it to the boss door room.

So technically Woodfall can be completed without ever getting the bow Shocked Gekko can be defeated using Zora's boomerangs and the rest of the dungeon doesn't need the bow anyways.

hcbboyhammer12
Deku Scrub

Link's Financial Advisor

Email
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2015, 04:28:12 AM »

Hey guys! I am finally back from being away for SUCH a long time... how is everyone?!?! I see how there are so many sweet discoveries!

Anyone willing to catch me up quickly on the major things?
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2015, 04:36:33 AM »

@hcbboyhammer12 one of the major things has been that you can action swap out of Tatl's text box and you can now skip getting fire arrows, action swap stick from hookshot/bow to get the fire arrow to unfreeze Goht, also (i guess is not that major but you can now get bottle on b on Zora :p
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #198 on: March 12, 2015, 08:27:31 AM »

I found some interesting Goron Air Manuever spots:

Also, I discovered a way to make time stop while in buildings/mini-games. I believe this was in the original but I guess it required you to store the SoT text. All you need to do now is play either SoDT/SoS depending on the area you're in.

When the text pops up, just don't press A and then all time will be stopped. Sorry if this was found already, but I found nothing on it so far

Many jumps can be done without even moving the goron in the air. (all the ones in clocktown at the very least, and has been possible since n64 as far as I know) with proper positioning, he can jump up onto most trees, which isn't something new either. (the fact that you still have control during pound isn't new either, it's just that it wasn't enough control to make any difference).
Zora Link can even flip through some branches to get up onto trees. (possible on at least one graveyard tree)

And timestop with the song textboxes has been know since pretty much day one.

Though, using the pound to get up onto the tree, that's something that I haven't seen before. (same goes for the roof)

Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #199 on: March 12, 2015, 04:19:48 PM »

@hcbboyhammer12 one of the major things has been that you can action swap out of Tatl's text box and you can now skip getting fire arrows, action swap stick from hookshot/bow to get the fire arrow to unfreeze Goht, also (i guess is not that major but you can now get bottle on b on Zora :p

This pretty much. Also the Epona clip into Milk bar at night allows us to warp to STT and skip Elegy. and the Deku sword which gives pretty much the dmg of GFS. The any% route changed alot in the past 2 weeks.

And yes Cloudmax is right, the Timestop via textbox has been known since a while.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 04:27:39 PM by Masterluigisw » Logged

Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2015, 08:03:26 PM »

Oh ok, well I at least found a couple of new things I suppose! Tongue Sorry for posting any already found stuff (and for potential future cases too). It's hard knowing what has been found without there being any videos or written down findings for some of these lol

2Tie
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2015, 08:26:44 PM »

I will add that the pages for MM3D being pretty lacking in content definitely makes it hard to keep track of tricks and discoveries Tongue
Arnge
Deku Scrub

« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2015, 09:46:29 PM »

I forget, is there ever a need for the bow outside Woodfall Temple? Because if there isn't (Not likely), then the bow skip could be really useful.

"At times like this, kids like you should be playing Nintendo games." -Onett Policeman
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2015, 09:49:46 PM »

Killing Gyorg. Inverting Stone Tower. Killing Twinmold. Killing Majora.

All these either require or are greatly sped up by using the bow.

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2015, 11:04:31 PM »

By the looks of it, skipping raising the platform might be faster. It would be nice if this could be tested!

Either way, shouldn't bow skip be technically possible if the fire arrows were just acquired later? Not that that is faster or anything.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2015, 11:11:43 PM »

The bow comes with a quiver. You can't have arrows with any elemental arrow without it.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2015, 04:03:21 AM »

Yeah even if you 'equip' an elemental arrow, you need to have the bow item to actually knock an arrow.

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2015, 05:32:19 PM »

So I finally got my hands on the game (YAY!), so I'm gonna do some testing on the Majora fight to see what I can do.
Possible theories:
-Gettting Wrath against a wall or in a corner makes it easier for the remains to hit with light balls
*Jumpslash cancel (rotate circle pad at the end of a jumpslash) with Deku sword can stunlock Majora if done properly since it allows u to get another jumpslash on him

*EDIT: HOLLEEE CRAP. Jumpslash cancel destroys wrath with 5 jump slashes from the Deku sword. They are all possible to land on him. Video coming soon.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:52:41 PM by Powerstar9 » Logged

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2015, 06:51:16 PM »

Goron Elder snowball. Real Final Day, cycle 2's, and cycle 5's. Cycle 15's is here.

That snowball just grows in size based on the real day counter, rather than the day of the week then?

Oh also I was wondering, in normal MM have you ever gotten outside the normal 0-4 day range?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2015, 10:03:01 PM »

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWI0sO8U3-c
Had a bad beginning to the fight, but that's not important. Once you got the rhythm down, its really easy.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: