ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:50:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 174070 times)
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2015, 06:27:41 AM »

I also found a fixed camera glitch in the southern swamp on the path to woodfall.

It's only possible to do on the 1st mushroom. All you do is enter the area, and without doing anything else, put on/change masks. Move forward and the camera will be fixed in the same position. It's not possible to use the pictobox and changing masks/using an instrument will change the position of the camera to your current spot. If you leave the mushroom the camera will return to normal.

I was thinking of a use for this and was wondering what would happen if you entered the cutscene trigger while in this state. Maybe the cutscene won't load? Could someone test this out?
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #181 on: March 11, 2015, 06:42:49 PM »

@Weegeechan  The swamp title deed skip is known (by not many) because they fixed the little roof in the Poisoned version of the swamp, but they forgot about the Clean version of the swamp, so after beating woodfall you can just clip through the roof normally with goron pound :p
And you can also do that you showed in the pic from the front side of the roof too heheh
Arnge
Deku Scrub

« Reply #182 on: March 11, 2015, 09:19:08 PM »

without doing anything else, put on/change masks.
Just for clarification, does that include being human and changing to Deku?

Edit: I tried putting on the Deku mask right after entering, and the glitch didn't work, Maybe I was doing it wrong, but I think it only works if you're switching masks from one form to another. I'm gonna try that now.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:12:41 PM by Arnge » Logged

"At times like this, kids like you should be playing Nintendo games." -Onett Policeman
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2015, 10:15:49 PM »

Just for clarification, does that include being human and changing to Deku?
Yes, you can use any transformation mask. I should note that, you have to enter the area with the camera facing the loading zone or else the camera won't be fixed when entering southern swamp. Then when entering the area, don't do anything besides putting on the mask. Btw have the transformation mask on X or Y (couldn't get the glitch to work with I or II for some reason)

@gaby: Ah, I think I remember a post about that previously actually Tongue Through this I discovered a new technique though (I think?). It let's you maneuver Goron in air after pounding. The frame you pound, press A right away and the direction you want to move in. He will move slightly but it will be just enough to get on top of certain ledges. In Clock Town it can be used to get the 20r chest in SCT without the Hookshot, get into Stock Pot at night without Deku, and to get into Kafei's hideout without the Zora Mask.

You can get into that tree and bomb boost from the branch to the ledge.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:19:41 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
Arnge
Deku Scrub

« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2015, 10:34:14 PM »

Ah, I got the glitch Smiley Unfortunately, it doesn't skip the cutscene. It plays even with the locked camera. Great finds, though.

"At times like this, kids like you should be playing Nintendo games." -Onett Policeman
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2015, 10:43:06 PM »

Ah, I got the glitch Smiley Unfortunately, it doesn't skip the cutscene. It plays even with the locked camera. Great finds, though.

Haha, that sounds awesome! Cheesy Oh well, thanks for testing this out anyways  Smiley
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2015, 10:49:52 PM »

Wait seriously??? Can you do this to get to Great Bay early? That sounds like you can get over some pretty hight ledge... please test and see if you can. This would be so fast

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Arnge
Deku Scrub

« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2015, 11:16:26 PM »

It isn't looking like it. I tried it about 5 times, he just slides back instead of landing on it. To be fair, though, I've never tried the jump before.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:24:20 PM by Arnge » Logged

gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2015, 11:35:24 PM »

@Weegeechan that's pretty cool actually didn't know that one about Kafei early with Goron Pound hahah, where else could we goron pound like that, besides these kind of ledges..
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2015, 11:36:51 PM »

Can we reach the top of the Ikana rock instead or TSCing into it?

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Arnge
Deku Scrub

« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »

Alright, I take back what I said earlier, since i can't do the glitch in Laundry Pool or ECT.

Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2015, 12:27:07 AM »

Okay so I can't seem to get the goht warp to work.. It keeps sending me out of bounds, I've tried copying the position in Ikana that I've seen in all the videos, AND I've tried the bed in the post office.. What am I doing wrong??  Huh

Do you have the v1.1 patch? Are you duping bottle over Gibdo mask? Are you at night time? Warp only works night time-> day time *transition of New Day. You need to catch HSW into that bottle THEN play fast ISOT so you go into 0th Day. Then play SoS to Clock Town and wait at postman bed until the Day transitions. (It would be wise to play SODT to 5PM night time so you don't have to wait alot). You should pop in bounds if you wait at the right spot in 0th day.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:36:07 AM by Masterluigisw » Logged

Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2015, 01:02:14 AM »

I found some interesting Goron Air Manuever spots:

Also, I discovered a way to make time stop while in buildings/mini-games. I believe this was in the original but I guess it required you to store the SoT text. All you need to do now is play either SoDT/SoS depending on the area you're in.

When the text pops up, just don't press A and then all time will be stopped. Sorry if this was found already, but I found nothing on it so far
JabaTheJefe
Deku Scrub

« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2015, 02:44:09 AM »

Yes I did all of this, i always just appear in the center of the map and don't pop in bounds, it's the only wrong warp that I can't get to work!! And no I have version 1.0
Arnge
Deku Scrub

« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2015, 03:16:20 AM »

Whenever I do it I go to the path to Ikana, and I don't move once I'm in. I don't move at all. It always works for me.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: