ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 04:58:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173926 times)
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2015, 12:04:52 PM »

I haven't looked into the action swap stuff to know, and I completely missed the Tatl alarm feature lol.

Edit: GnS got it to work in original. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:33:08 PM by Jeville » Logged
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2015, 04:09:20 PM »

You can action swap out of tatl...this game...lolol
http://youtu.be/7UDZBWLhqyM
Not sure if this possible in MM, which it should be

Edit: you can set an alarm and also do this meaning fire arrow skip? http://youtu.be/-glMAghgm5M

Wow amazing... I knew it would work on MM3D too... but nice who thought about the Talt alarm Grin

MM3D is getting faster than MM64... keep it going guys.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:17:43 PM by Masterluigisw » Logged

gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2015, 06:10:28 PM »

The only reason i thought of Tatl Alarm, is because at one moment Tatl wanted to talk to me, i forgot is set that alarm to that specific time and then i was like.. *_* xDD
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2015, 07:43:39 PM »

Hm, so WW isn't exclusive to a special variant of the 'Dawn of A New Day' transition. Simply catch HSW when the timer is at 4:25, inverted, then exit. The transition will be a white 'Dawn of the Second Day' no matter what day the banner says when you inverted, even if you were fast enough to not see the banner. Only difference is you're not on 4th Day prior to the transition, so some sidequests are available.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:48:04 PM by Jeville » Logged
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2015, 08:09:30 PM »

Hm, so WW isn't exclusive to a special variant of the 'Dawn of A New Day' transition. Simply catch HSW when the timer is at 4:25, inverted, then exit. The transition will be a white 'Dawn of the Second Day' no matter what day the banner says when you inverted, even if you were fast enough to not see the banner. Only difference is you're not on 4th Day prior to the transition, so some sidequests are available.

The reasons its "New Day" because we basically do 2 WW's to reach Gyorg. (Twin island winter->Twin island spring->Gyorg)

I also get "second day" otherwise when on 0th day.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:15:41 PM by Masterluigisw » Logged

Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2015, 08:31:27 PM »

That's not how it works.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2015, 09:48:05 PM »

I'm not sure if this has any use, but I found a way to glitch the Bomber's Notebook.

Whenever a Bomber wants to tell you a rumor, push him all the way to a loading zone. Get in between the loading zone and the Bomber and be as close as possible to the loading zone. Talk to the Bomber and Link will take a step back into the loading zone but the text will continue. Go through the text up until the point where he starts telling you the rumor. If you mash through it too quickly, the notebook will log it like normal.

There are 2 things that may happen. One, no rumor will get logged into the notebook but the Bomber will no longer tell you anything (if mashed too quickly). Two, the rumor gets logged once you enter the next area, but will be a glitched entry. Moving your cursor over it glitches the entire notebook.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:06:42 PM by Weegeechan » Logged
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2015, 03:34:16 AM »

Method mentioned in the forums a while ago. Just made a vid for reference.

http://youtu.be/nde5eZQpLus

Sorry for no sound.
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2015, 11:33:14 AM »

Jeville, probably this been asked before, but does that look like some sort of GIM type thing with the ruppie stuck on Link in that pic? ;0
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2015, 02:43:36 PM »

Yeah. The linked post shows it closer, showing a gold Rupee if the chest's contents is changed to a heart piece. If changed to a green Rupee, it will show that on him. Taking out and putting away Ocarina with the camera facing the mailbox will restore its function, or you can ignore it and get yet another HP from the different mailbox. But not collecting it from the mailbox is what allows you to repeat the duplication process on a new cycle. It's not the most efficient method for the HP duplication itself considering the time stop method.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:52:19 PM by Jeville » Logged
ProfessionalRob
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2015, 03:50:38 PM »

I'm not sure how this could be useful, and if this was known in MM64 sorry, I didn't glitch that as much, but if you do the boat-ride arrow mini-game and shoot an arrow through the torch to open the Skultulla house, your arrow shots glitch out after that, and it seems to me you end up shooting 2 arrows, one from yourself and one way beyond you.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2015, 05:04:36 PM »

Goron Elder snowball. Real Final Day, cycle 2's, and cycle 5's. Cycle 15's is here.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:07:10 PM by Jeville » Logged
JabaTheJefe
Deku Scrub

« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2015, 02:02:27 AM »

Okay so I can't seem to get the goht warp to work.. It keeps sending me out of bounds, I've tried copying the position in Ikana that I've seen in all the videos, AND I've tried the bed in the post office.. What am I doing wrong??  Huh
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2015, 02:06:18 AM »

When I tried the Post Office, I stayed near the door. I warped out of bounds, but got pushed in bounds.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2015, 02:15:20 AM »

I discovered a way to skip the Swamp Title Deed!  

So, Grezzo tried to patch the old way of skipping the STD by simply putting an invisible ceiling above the door. Unfortunately for them, it's still possible. All you need to do is get under the awning half-way then pound, and as soon as you do, hold right. You get clipped half-way into the awning and suddenly end up on the roof. The timing an positioning is a little tricky, but it can be done consistently.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: