ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:55:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173695 times)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2015, 05:40:35 PM »

I said six hits in the video because you need to do ten hits with great fairy sword (10×4=40) and I thought at the time that I had hit her 4 times. When I said six, I meant that I thought that they must've done at least the equivalent of 6 hits of 4 damage each.

However, upon testing, sva said that he believed that they did 16 damage each.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2015, 11:02:55 PM »

so the balls do 16 damage? that means if 3 of them hit majora, he gets stunned, and you hit him with a sword, that will kill him, right? does he take damage from them when he's stunned? i think the last question is pretty important for strats on this boss should the remains end up being useful

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2015, 09:23:14 PM »

so the balls do 16 damage? that means if 3 of them hit majora, he gets stunned, and you hit him with a sword, that will kill him, right? does he take damage from them when he's stunned? i think the last question is pretty important for strats on this boss should the remains end up being useful

Pretty sure ben's 2:09 run shows what happens... indeed it looks like the Remains damage him while he's stunned. So Warth is now pure RNG based if you go for the Remains balls strat for a fast kill... but I'm pretty sure timing deku sword slash's will kill him pretty fast... this might save like 10 seconds at best.

Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2015, 10:55:21 PM »

Pretty sure ben's 2:09 run shows what happens... indeed it looks like the Remains damage him while he's stunned. So Warth is now pure RNG based if you go for the Remains balls strat for a fast kill... but I'm pretty sure timing deku sword slash's will kill him pretty fast... this might save like 10 seconds at best.
ok then so iirc, one hit from a deku sword= 4 damage. so one hit from a light ball would shave off having to hit majora 4 times. the strat i theorize is to stun majora once, have the remains shoot majora at least once, then stunlock him with deku sword to finish him off. it's not completely optimized, but its a start.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
Xeno
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2015, 07:52:21 PM »

Any advise for milk bar clip? I watched Bens tutorial, and it helped me to get easily oob but either I jumpslash on the stairs or if I wait a bit the camera turns to the door but I don't have enough high to enter the milkbar.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2015, 01:23:16 AM »

Goron drown warps you to your last entrance in the original, and it can still be done in MM3D (except the area doesn't reload). When you're at an edge, go down to drown by doing quick flicks with the circle pad as your only movement, and be quick to let go when you drown. If done right, you'll be at your last entrance after two drowns. If your last entrance came from an owl warp, the area will reload and you'll be human. When I tried this in the Termina Field grotto from the Great Bay entrance, I respawned out of bounds.

Edit: This can be of use for the Zora moon dungeon in 100%.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:24:22 PM by Jeville » Logged
Xeno
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2015, 02:16:01 PM »

Got it now, I just had to go forward with the circlepad. Onemore qquestion: how can I backflip on this platform in the mirror room?
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2015, 04:13:30 PM »

Onemore qquestion: how can I backflip on this platform in the mirror room?

If you're referring to the block goron can punch away, you need a Zora gainer to get up there.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2015, 06:18:22 PM »

You can get bottle on B as Zora and Goron via weird B from Epona (being swordless as human) http://youtu.be/7mroRx7yJ6k
Xeno
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2015, 09:11:30 PM »

If you're referring to the block goron can punch away, you need a Zora gainer to get up there.

Thanks, it was a bit tricky first but i got it constantly now.

Now my hopefully last question before I can speedrun mm3d:
How exactly works the early Stonetower BK? As soon as I press b, I press b and go right.
Video: http://youtu.be/evPdKlqb4uc

Nvm I don't know why but it works now.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:42:38 PM by Xeno » Logged
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2015, 09:24:23 PM »

Hold the circle pad towards the door so that you land on an invisible collision.

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2015, 12:09:27 AM »

It's known that FD crashes if trying to open a door, and it also happens with a big chest. Offering to help Toto will have him say Dampe's "...In that case, show me another spot" and the bottle chest in the graveyard was the big chest I tried so he foreshadowed a crash lol. Toto uses a piece of Mountain Village dialogue in the original.

Grezzo lol.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:54:55 AM by Jeville » Logged
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2015, 04:45:56 AM »

You can action swap out of tatl...this game...lolol
http://youtu.be/7UDZBWLhqyM
Not sure if this possible in MM, which it should be

Edit: you can set an alarm and also do this meaning fire arrow skip? http://youtu.be/-glMAghgm5M
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:11:30 AM by gabyelnuevo » Logged
gymnast86
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2015, 06:29:23 AM »

Thanks to gaby we can now skip goron lullaby and 99% of snowhead, we can also action-swap anywhere with the tatl alarm which can be set to any time of any day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnQlDe7BZeg. Although I think that using the post office is better for the wrong warp because it puts you in a better spot.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2015, 11:47:16 AM »

Okay, what is that action swap thing you're doing and how do you do it?

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: