ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:52:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173580 times)
Lilysol
Deku Scrub

« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2015, 10:02:14 PM »

So how will the speedruns be? Would v1.0 still be considered since the update isn't forced?

I beleive this should be treated like JP Version vs US Version... aka the fastest version wins for speedruns.
Correct. We just use 1.0 from here on out, unless another glitch is discovered in 1.1
Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2015, 10:47:28 PM »

Oh thanks a lot Gaby
Tailsko
Regular Guay

« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2015, 11:37:16 PM »

Would segmented runs be accepted still?
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2015, 03:43:13 AM »

I wanted to ask about this RI with the flower, I can get it to work normally (having pictobox) but it seems it affects the buttons being dim or not when flying the deku flowers? cuz i wanted to RI bombs in Cycle 1 but bombs and even the nuts are dim when I use the deku flowers, flying in air..lol ??
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2015, 04:13:05 AM »

I beleive you cannot RI when in action where B is other than the normal land B... so it only works on land as far as I know. Same thing happened when I had the idea to RI deku mask while being under the water gap with Zora mask (in neutral, upwards swimming action) at pirate fortress water gap. I had an AMAZING glitch idea and thought you might use the deku RI under water to clip threw and pop up on the stairs and therefore skip 1st half PF without bomb long jumps. But it didn't work...  Sad

EDIT: GUYS I Need some help: I have an AMAZING idea to skip Pirate Fortress first gap no bombs, no long jump:

In Pirate Fortress: Under the stairs of the gap we usually skip with bomb jumps, do the RI with deku mask in the water as zora ON THE SEA FLOOR... use an empty bottle as usable item AND deku mask as unusable item... YOU CAN USE PICTOBOX ON THE SEA FLOOR.

It will work, I just suck at it and it's frame perfect.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:16:50 AM by Masterluigisw » Logged

BALDORF!
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2015, 04:17:45 AM »

Hey, people said you can't use first Gibdo for Music box house....so here is a vid of me doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv4shJ2bV6Y
Lilysol
Deku Scrub

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2015, 05:16:48 AM »

I beleive you cannot RI when in action where B is other than the normal land B... so it only works on land as far as I know. Same thing happened when I had the idea to RI deku mask while being under the water gap with Zora mask (in neutral, upwards swimming action) at pirate fortress water gap. I had an AMAZING glitch idea and thought you might use the deku RI under water to clip threw and pop up on the stairs and therefore skip 1st half PF without bomb long jumps. But it didn't work...  Sad

EDIT: GUYS I Need some help: I have an AMAZING idea to skip Pirate Fortress first gap no bombs, no long jump:

In Pirate Fortress: Under the stairs of the gap we usually skip with bomb jumps, do the RI with deku mask in the water as zora ON THE SEA FLOOR... use an empty bottle as usable item AND deku mask as unusable item... YOU CAN USE PICTOBOX ON THE SEA FLOOR.

It will work, I just suck at it and it's frame perfect.

Biggest problem is it means you need Pictobox, which requires rescuing the old lady. Bomb jump saves time.
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2015, 05:43:29 AM »

Biggest problem is it means you need Pictobox, which requires rescuing the old lady. Bomb jump saves time.
No, the biggest problem is that it doesn't work anyways. Going Deku under stairs will rocket you to the surface, but he doesn't bounce high enough to get back in bounds, so you'll just void

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2015, 05:45:25 AM »

Masterluigisw you can RI with deku flower, what im saying is idk why it doesn't work in cycle 1, even after you're normal link without pictobox you can do RI with flower, that's what im confused about Tongue
Edit: Nevermind, you need to have magic to do deku flower RI, didn't have magic beforehand so that was it lol
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 05:50:07 AM by gabyelnuevo » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2015, 10:31:51 AM »

Yeah, I mentioned magic on the first page but didn't when I bring up nuts lol sorry. Exploding Sakon makes All-Night Mask available on cycle 1 but it can never be bought.

If you take Ocarina out the moment the bomb begins to explode near Sakon, soaring out will give you a circular fadeout after loading. Song of Double Time will result in a softlock (if not going to 6am), except time will still pass and you'll resume control after a day transition.

1st Day's weather on 2nd Day in the swamp. Go to any loading point that changes the mini-map, and before the mini-map change completes the transition, play Song of Double Time. It doesn't work in areas with day transition of course. Doesn't work in original.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:07:06 PM by Jeville » Logged
Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2015, 12:38:58 PM »

I tried italian version, it seems to be slightly faster for some text (it's very minor because most of the box can be skipped in one frame, it justs affects a few textes here and there)
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2015, 03:42:53 PM »

No, the biggest problem is that it doesn't work anyways. Going Deku under stairs will rocket you to the surface, but he doesn't bounce high enough to get back in bounds, so you'll just void

I got my hopes up but you are probably right, unless there's water behind the wall higher than we think lol. (I tried it and it doesn't work) meh!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:49:15 PM by Masterluigisw » Logged

teasday
Deku Scrub

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2015, 07:05:17 PM »

So, not being a fan of the Skull Kid CS skip I looked for a more consistent setup.

1. Target this pillar and inch left until you can see its edge between Link's legs.
2. Sidehop left 3 times. During the third hop, press the ocarina button and Link should pull it out immediately upon landing. I think it fails if you do it too soon though.
3. Play SoDT.

It's probably slightly slower than the current method but I dunno, for me it's a lot more consistent at least. The position is kind of precise to get but it doesn't seem to be super picky about it.
Finalinsanity
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2015, 09:05:48 PM »

Hi, I looked around to see if anyone's reported this but it doesn't look like it so I figured I would put it here (if I missed this then I apologize). Not sure if it's viable for the any% route but I feel like it might be worth posting anyways (could have an application in other categories, maybe?); the short version of it is that you can get a really strong "sword" on Deku's B button (i was able to get a similar effect on Zora's punches, but haven't been able to replicate it yet).

- Get mask storage with Deku and climb onto Epona
- after transforming, remove the mask from your items to turn human, and climb off Epona
- Human link now has Deku Nuts on his B button. When you transform into Deku, you have an invisible, fully functional (sans crouchstab) sword on B. If you have never picked up Deku Nuts, it will even persist through flying; if you have picked up Deku Nuts, it will be overwritten (presumably because it sets your B button to nuts during flight)

You can get back your sword on Human by repeating the process, and it does not get rid of the sword on Deku.

The thing that might make it worthwhile is that it seems to have the same strength as the GFS (it one-shots Dinolfos). It does not persist through saving, however (which zora punches did, but again, can't figure out how exactly I managed that one).

My knowledge of MM3D speedrunning is pretty small, but I hope this information is useful.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2015, 10:04:46 PM »

You got "GFS" on Zora using Epona somehow? That's cool, you can also get it from smithy/Curiosity Shop using collection delay to collect the sword as Zora. Similar to the N64, you'll need the Kokiri Sword on human if you want to undo Zora's sword effect. So Zora cannot have the sword effect unless you have the Razor/Gilded Sword, but Deku can with the Kokiri Sword. It's cool that there's no longer a softlock with Deku sword if you strike something that gives recoil, such as torches.

Edit: To get Zora sword via Epona is to load to another area while on Epona as Zora, then become human before dismounting. Again, human Link needs Razor/Gilded Sword.

Edit2: If Goron Link is tried, it will change human Link's B to Kokiri Sword and the effect can be saved. Dismounting as Zora is one way to fix the Gilded Sword or whatever your sword in the gear menu is.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:53:34 AM by Jeville » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: