ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:57:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173632 times)
Lilysol
Deku Scrub

« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2015, 05:56:44 AM »

This sounds terrifying. Forgive my ignorance but, why are they updating it?

The main reason they'd want to patch the Gibdo match (or BA shenanigans in general) is because some variations can crash the game. It doesn't really apply much to the speed running community as a whole, as I think we all agree that skipping the Zora egg quest, and all of Great Bay Temple is in all of our best interests.

Pretty sure we just all agree to use V1.0 unless they manage to screw the game up even more through patches. Which I guess is more than likely possible given Grezzo's track record.

Edit: On a related note for anyone with access to the patch, what's broken with BA? Can you still get ESS? Does BA work on any of the other masks?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:58:50 AM by Lilysol » Logged
Seb9kplus
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2015, 06:13:34 AM »

I have the european version and the update is available, however it fails when I try to install it.

Will try again later and post whether or not I can bottle dupe Gibdo Mask.

My YouTube channel where I post random gaming stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/Seb9001gaming
Tailsko
Regular Guay

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2015, 06:23:37 AM »

I gotten Gibdo's Mask and Garo's Mask to display while Link is emptying Hot Spring Water, but no duplicate bottle. I'll keep trying.
Lilysol
Deku Scrub

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2015, 06:44:45 AM »

I gotten Gibdo's Mask and Garo's Mask to display while Link is emptying Hot Spring Water, but no duplicate bottle. I'll keep trying.

Does ESS still work?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2015, 01:26:55 PM »

Putting on Goron Mask while standing under water using RI seems to softlock the game.
Put on Deku Mask and you'll instantly pop up to the surface (even if there's a ceiling above you, you'll clip right thru it).
When standing under water and pressing A to surface, you can take out the pictograph directly after, allowing you to take pictures and stuff while at the surface, etc.

I've messed around with the deku clip in STT but can't find anything useful (though you can get into many unloaded rooms). Someone with more knowledge may find some useful OoB there, maybe.
I didn't bother checking in GBT since we can basically skip the entire thing.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:31:45 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Segfault
Deku Scrub

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2015, 03:08:29 PM »

Does ESS still work?
I've never been good at ESS, but I can't get it working at all now.

BA does not work (at least not as it used to), but the glitched bottles are still left on save files and works fine to trigger WW.

RI via pictograph works great.

Running the EU version
Seb9kplus
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2015, 04:54:54 PM »

I can also confirm that bottle duping masks has been patched, eu version. Sad sadness.

My YouTube channel where I post random gaming stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/Seb9001gaming
Tailsko
Regular Guay

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2015, 05:08:12 PM »

Time Stop still works in v1.1, still can get to 22 hearts 3/4 heart containers.
Seb9kplus
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2015, 05:20:10 PM »

Time Stop still works in v1.1, still can get to 22 hearts 3/4 heart containers.
Question: What happens when you get more than 20? And why is the limit at 22.75? I remember in OoT3D it was possible to get way more, and they were shown as weird blinking dots in the top left corner.

Tailsko
Regular Guay

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2015, 05:41:16 PM »

Question: What happens when you get more than 20? And why is the limit at 22.75? I remember in OoT3D it was possible to get way more, and they were shown as weird blinking dots in the top left corner.
Getting 23 hearts crashes. Getting damage below a heart crashes the game if you have 21 or 22 hearts. I don't see where the other two hearts are located.
thestickystickman
Deku Scrub

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2015, 06:03:44 PM »

Curiosity shop and collection delay still work, so bottle adventure is possible and easy, just not as stupidly readily available.

Catching HSW still causes weirdness.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2015, 06:34:21 PM »

Inefficient patch. Tongue

If we are able to move with the trading screen without 5th Day shenanigans, it's possible to escape as Deku. Get movement with the trading screen, skip the first text box, get the mailbox within view when you're at a guard, and select an item using the touch screen instead of A. The guard will be frozen in place.

Edit: The camera has to face where the mailbox is, but at the same time it has to be out of view before an item is completely out or a crash will result.

Alternatively you can just slide through them with trading item animation with enough momentum to load before a crash can happen.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:36:10 AM by Jeville » Logged
Amateseru
Regular Guay

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2015, 07:05:01 PM »

So what are we supposed to do ? I don't want to download that shit x)

Edit they didn't even asked me if I wanted to update my game.... seriously fuck you Nintendo -_- true faggots for the first time in history
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:16:25 PM by Amateseru » Logged
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2015, 09:08:25 PM »

I guess if it doesn't ask you to update "forced" or something, you can delete the update data it seems http://i.imgur.com/dvJVy5p.jpg i guess just in case anybody wanna try it out
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2015, 09:28:17 PM »

So how will the speedruns be? Would v1.0 still be considered since the update isn't forced?

I beleive this should be treated like JP Version vs US Version... aka the fastest version wins for speedruns.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: