ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:00:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 173666 times)
CrimZen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2015, 06:19:00 PM »

What i later discovered is that you cant walk, just turn around and slash you sword.

Found an invisible platform right besides the owl in clocktown, the interesting thing is- you can damageboost with a bomb from the platform(Like the current strat for getting to great bay)
If we find one of these platforms in a good spot, we might be able to find some skips!

Edit: Like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaHsJE8iKJ0
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:34:41 PM by CrimZen » Logged
Lilysol
Deku Scrub

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »

Heart piece duplication!!

Easier way to duplicate heart pieces. Find a chest with a heart piece (The one in the hole outside Mountain Village works nice. Just clear out the Dodongos first)

Time stop (Backflip, then simultaneously shield and use a full bottle right when Link's feet hit the ground.

Open the chest infinite times.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2015, 06:51:46 PM »

Great, just another impractical thing from me haha.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2015, 08:53:44 PM »

Alternate method for getting up on the graves:
Use goron pound below the tree branches to get up onto the tree. sidehop onto the grave.
By the graveyard entrance, as Zora Link (or regular link with a gainer) you can grab the pillar to the right from the north side. From that pillar you can do a longjump to the grave closest to it.

I don't know anything about the graveyard, like when different enemies spawn.. but with this you can get in when the keese aren't there.

Edit: Apparantly you can do a Zora Gainer up onto the tree branch as well.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:04:42 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2015, 12:25:26 AM »

I know Pirate Fortress is skipped in Any%, but I found a way to skip fighting one of the Gerudo's for one of the other categories.

Standing there a doing a roll jump  and moving yourself in the air can get you to land on the ledge.

I also found some weird save diving thing. If you go to Zora Hall's owl statue, and face the ocean and check it, you'll fall into the water. It's really weird and I don't know if it has any use but well, here it is anyways:

Sorry if these have been found already!  Tongue
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2015, 03:45:04 AM »

Has anyone talked about how "race files" how are they gonna be in mm3d? For bingos or random 10 masks races etc, since you don't start cycle 1 anymore "since day transition" but from an owl, I think it can be the same thing as MM, 101r in bank, have SoH and Deku on a button, and i guess start from SCT owl with the time at 7am, that would be SoDT to 7 and immediately save after :p
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2015, 06:11:16 AM »

I know Pirate Fortress is skipped in Any%, but I found a way to skip fighting one of the Gerudo's for one of the other categories.

Standing there a doing a roll jump  and moving yourself in the air can get you to land on the ledge.

I also found some weird save diving thing. If you go to Zora Hall's owl statue, and face the ocean and check it, you'll fall into the water. It's really weird and I don't know if it has any use but well, here it is anyways:

Sorry if these have been found already!  Tongue
The pirate Fortress method can be done by sidehopping as a Zora as well, that's how I did it my on first playthrough.
and yeah, you can dive during dialogs. You can do it super easy outside Kafeis house by the bell. This is not exclusive to the owl dialogs.

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2015, 11:45:16 AM »

Easier way to duplicate heart pieces. Find a chest with a heart piece (The one in the hole outside Mountain Village works nice. Just clear out the Dodongos first)

Time stop (Backflip, then simultaneously shield and use a full bottle right when Link's feet hit the ground.

Open the chest infinite times.

Does that mean we can collect an infinite number of keys? Also, does this affect GIM?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2015, 03:07:46 PM »

Does that mean we can collect an infinite number of keys? Also, does this affect GIM?
No, because it has to be a full cutscene that small chests are lacking. At least that's how it works on N64, and using timestop for infinite heart pieces is nothing new.
LucyRomana
Deku Scrub

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2015, 05:28:47 PM »

There seems to be an update out for the game, at least in Europe. Anyone know what it does?

Sorry if this is old news.
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2015, 06:05:57 PM »

Just a little thing if anybody hasn't tried yet, Aron just confirmed to get a hookshot jump (aka doom jump) out of a gibdo by accident, doom jump hype x))
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2015, 09:33:49 PM »

Walking in first-person:

1. Do the first seven steps of the heart duplication method.
2. Check mailbox without the Postman's hat while the carpenter is in view or being close enough.
3. While moving with the trading screen, select an item with the camera facing away from mailbox.
4. Go to the banker and do not allow the camera to face south.
5. When in front of him, use Pictograph Box (Deku shooting mode works too). Enjoy.

To do easy RI, be the form you want to be then only do the first three steps above (it doesn't work with Goron). Items will be highlighted and continues to be usable even if you change them. This allows you to wield Deku Sticks with other forms, etc. Just don't face the camera to the mailbox you used or you will crash. If the camera faces it while you make movement, Link will do a brief slide while taking out the item you selected from the trading screen before the game crashes; you can quit the game before the crash can happen.
thestickystickman
Deku Scrub

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2015, 10:13:24 PM »

Walking in first-person:

1. Do the first seven steps of the heart duplication method.
2. Check mailbox without the Postman's hat while the carpenter is in view or being close enough.
3. While moving with the trading screen, select an item with the camera facing away from mailbox.
4. Go to the banker and do not allow the camera to face south.
5. When in front of him, use Pictograph Box (Deku shooting mode works too). Enjoy.

You can also do it as deku Link by stepping onto a lily pad, taking off the deku mask, and putting it on again, then going into first person. You'll be in first person mode.
Tailsko
Regular Guay

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2015, 04:09:50 AM »

v1.1 update is live. restricted item works. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ajrj/update/index.html

Anyone with the JP version. Can you bottle dupe over Gibdo Mask. I cannot. Need someone else to test this.

Patch size is 34 blocks
Region: Japan
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:58:33 AM by Tailsko » Logged
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2015, 04:52:15 AM »

Just a little thing if anybody hasn't tried yet, Aron just confirmed to get a hookshot jump (aka doom jump) out of a gibdo by accident, doom jump hype x))
This is awesome! Here's some information about the trick that I haven't seen anywhere:

The hookshot jump works by interrupting the animation (cut scene?) where Link is suppose to be flying towards the object he shot, skipping to the end of that animation (which will happen once Link is close enough to his target because the hookshot will be fully recoiled) will result in link getting shot upwards.

I highly suggest you watch this for a visual reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tt8sTVcPc8#t=144 (2:24) It's basically a slow motion doom jump using Epona instead of boots. Also, YES! this would work in this mm3d as well if you could use items on Epona.

In OoT3d, conveniently, by equipping different boots Link would perform a jumping animation which was actually enough to interrupt his hookshot's pull with out canceling it. The reason why we need to look up (or down) before taking the shot and switching boots is because the hookshot's pull animation has to be present for at least a frame (I think. More frames the higher but it caps.), In the video it's there for a few seconds.

Basically the Gibdo's scream works as an "interrupter". It worked in OoT3d as well but I guess no one knew or they just never said anything. The timing can be tricky though, so hopefully a consistent method is thought of.

NOTE: I don't know why Link is shot upwards and a lot of this information is off the top of my head so it may not be 100% accurate.

v1.1 update is live. restricted item works. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ajrj/update/index.html

Anyone with the JP version. Can you bottle dupe over Gibdo Mask. I cannot. Need someone else to test this.

Patch size is 34 blocks
Region: Japan
This sounds terrifying. Forgive my ignorance but, why are they updating it?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:59:58 AM by doommaker » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: