ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 11:59:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask 3D: Speedrunning Discussion | Research & Discovery | Ask Questions  (Read 180631 times)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2015, 03:22:42 PM »

Welp apparently we still need a way to clip into the milk bar... evrybody, please find a way to do this!!

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Sebastian9kplus
Deku Scrub

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2015, 03:41:13 PM »

lol I was playing by the pond in Clock Town wearing the Fierce Deity Mask, and I noticed he is tall enough to reach to jump up on the wall to the left of where you enter. You can then walk on the wall until you're above the door to where Kafei is hiding, where I jumped out of bounds and reached the loading zone with a jump slash. I didn't do any of that sidequest and this was on the night of the final day, and the Curiosity Shop guy was there and gave me the letter to Kafei's mother.

This probably has basically no use at all, just thought I should mention it anyway! Oh, and perhaps it's possible to reach up and grab that wall with a Zora gainer? I can't do it, I suck at it.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2015, 04:02:14 PM »

This probably has basically no use at all, just thought I should mention it anyway! Oh, and perhaps it's possible to reach up and grab that wall with a Zora gainer? I can't do it, I suck at it.

You can do it with just a Zora sidehop: http://youtu.be/1Dww8bA91cw

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2015, 04:08:40 PM »

Would you mind explaining what the final page means?

The Wrong Warp (All) tab lists a subset of all theoretical wrong warps possible in Majora's Mask 3D. The full list of theoretical wrong warps isn't there because it would be over 50k records

With OoT/MM wrong warps, the two primary components are an entrance index and a scene setup number, so normally you'd need both. However in MM the entrance index is a composite of three variables:

Code:
(index & 0xF800) >> 9 = External Scene
(index & 0x01F0) >> 5 = Spawn Number
(index & 0x000F)      = Unused? component, but functionally equivalent to factoring in the scene setup number

So the entrance index and scene setup components are combined together. I also dropped entrances that don't normally exist.

Edit: I also should point out that if new revisions are released, it could change the available wrong warps

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Sebastian9kplus
Deku Scrub

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2015, 04:20:15 PM »

You can do it with just a Zora sidehop: http://youtu.be/1Dww8bA91cw
Cool! Thanks. Easy way to get both Postman Hat and that bottle without having to redo the sidequest.
Tailsko
Regular Guay

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2015, 05:25:32 PM »

Welp apparently we still need a way to clip into the milk bar... evrybody, please find a way to do this!!
I was able to ledge clip between the Milk Bar and the one side. But fell down. Gonna keep trying til I stand on the ground.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2015, 07:59:15 PM »

In the search for milk bar clip, keep in my that this will be after doing some BA for 4th day so we can technically have fierce diety or rock sirloin to help us clip, even though I'm doubtful that either could help.

Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2015, 08:20:59 PM »

We also have access to a cucco from the Bombers' test, however that may help.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2015, 04:15:45 AM »

Thing with that is, Grezzo moved the Cucco Bombers kid, he's in a different part of the Town now and hides under a box...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Tailsko
Regular Guay

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2015, 04:54:39 AM »

Hmm, maybe there is collision behind the sign. Time a bomb and ledge clip maybe? http://i.imgur.com/KShVxx3.jpg
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2015, 05:18:52 AM »

I tried the clip all day with FD and a bomb, and i didn't touch the loading zone for like frames ;( neither a jump slash can't make it
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2015, 07:30:58 AM »

Thing with that is, Grezzo moved the Cucco Bombers kid, he's in a different part of the Town now and hides under a box...
The sad thing is I've already done the test to see the changes and should have known. I've made several trips to WCT for the bank when it's not there anymore; aspects of the original are still ingrained in me.

Instead of finding a way to get inside, maybe find a way to not get kicked out? Pausing is the original's method. You're allowed inside until 9pm.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2015, 08:42:26 AM »

I skipped the elegy puzzle in stone tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn0PixMOKKQ

This was the final piece of the puzzle for skipping elegy and mirror shield in any% thanks to gymnast for finding a way to skip the mirror shield in the mirror room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYXbnjpya0s

This allows us to do a transition warp with gibdo mask BA in order to get to stone tower temple early and skip the entirety of stone tower!
Nice.
That room is quite a bit different in 3D. Always a disadvantge not having the actual game yet. Cheesy

With that high block you might even be able to backflip on that upside down chest as zora and get oob that way. Worth a try, I'd say.

So I guess there is no way to get there before 9? And getting the mask would take a lot of time...

Regarding the ideas that have been thrown around so far: There is no oob floor there and the sign has a solid back wall.

I don't see a way to clip, unless slope clip is still a thing, which I kinda doubt.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:03:07 AM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2015, 02:21:07 PM »

Heart piece duplication!! You need 5th Day to do this:

1. Save at Mountain Village with Gibdo Mask slot changed to a bottle.
2. Quit the game, get a stopwatch.
3. Start a timer when you open the game.
4. When timer reaches 1:25, catch HSW.
5. Inverted Song of Time quickly. If purple banner says 2nd/Final Day, start over.*
6. Soar to town.
7. Speak to the carpenter carrying wood.
8. Carpenter will stay in place. Put on Postman's hat and check mailbox.
9. You'll move around with the text. Hookshot the 20 Rupee chest.
10. Face the camera to the mailbox and open the chest.
11. Gold Rupee will appear on Link but you'll get a heart piece and another.
12. Do not check the mailbox. Go back in time.
13. Repeat all steps. You get two pieces each time.

Notes:
The carpenter will either have to be close enough to the mailbox, or to have the camera facing him when you check.
Tapping buttons will not work when you move around with text, so only B/X/Y can be used.
*If you take Ocarina out fast enough to not see purple banner, you'll be on 0th Day so advance to midnight before soaring out to take you to dawn of 5th Day.
Google docs for 5th Day stuff can be viewed here.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:13:48 PM by Jeville » Logged
Letsremax
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2015, 03:19:21 PM »

Pretty sure this is kinda useless but while Practicing Music house clip i kinda got distracted and i was wondering if i could get on top of the House using LongJump.

While i soon found out that there is a Barrier around the top of the House, i kept trying every corner....well this happened.
I'm pretty sure this was found earlier but i was surprised when it happened, but also i'm pretty sure it's kinda useless here.

http://www.twitch.tv/letsremax/c/6197929

What i later discovered is that you cant walk, just turn around and slash you sword.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: