ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:48:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask for 3DS - Info and Version Differences  (Read 177333 times)
gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2015, 11:10:29 PM »

Made this little thing sometime ago if it could be faster im guessing for intro sequence, is not 100% consistent since you can fall down very easily without grabbing the ledge but i think is something =P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUI4qGli2qI
Smith
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2015, 11:55:40 PM »

dumb question but curious: is there a way to get over the spikes on the way to ikana w/o epona? been lurking & haven't found an answer but dunno another way to do it on 3DS
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2015, 12:03:37 AM »

dumb question but curious: is there a way to get over the spikes on the way to ikana w/o epona? been lurking & haven't found an answer but dunno another way to do it on 3DS
Goron boost over them using Bubbles that appear at night.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2015, 10:06:19 AM »

GIM with the 50r chest deletes your ocarina apparently?? On the gear screen, it only shows the ocarina of time (not the pipes, drums, or guitar). Tatl keeps bugging you about 3 days and termina field is in it's 1st cycle state. The skull kid isn't holding an ocarina, which probably means that the glitch didn't delete my ocarina, just put some other item over the ocarina 'slot' that we can't use. Interesting stuff!

GIM with a fish/bug gives text which will softlock unless you swim into the murky water while getting it. It gives you moon's tear.

Also, tatl dive with the triple slash works Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:15:55 AM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2015, 01:22:18 PM »

Anything on Goron roll Weird B yet? Elder is apparently covered in a snowball on Final Day.
ProfessionalRob
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2015, 02:41:22 PM »

Messing around with some of these discoveries last night, had a pretty good time.  Got the bomb-only Great Bay early jump a few times.  Tried the jump to skip the 1st part of the Pirates' Fortress and got it first try!  And then couldn't get it again in two hours.  And then just for fun went to see what would happen if you got fire arrows before the bow.  You can equip them and pull out the bow, but the game won't ever give you arrows (and you can't buy them) unless you have the bow item.

Still, having the hookshot early basically lets you destroy Woodfall and Snowhead obviously.

Also I really like that they put that opening back in the Pirates' Fortress that lets you go into the hookshot room from above without having to go outside.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:43:34 PM by ProfessionalRob » Logged
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2015, 03:30:01 PM »

Anything on Goron roll Weird B yet? Elder is apparently covered in a snowball on Final Day.

I was trying it earlier but I think it gave beans like the original. Tbh, I didn't test it very much because I was kinda tired of it at that point and I don't actually have the beans item. I think I heard that 'can't use items' noise though, which is consistent with using beans when you have 0
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2015, 05:29:24 PM »

Use any Item anywhere as Link (and possibly other forms)
Get Blank B (I actually think this is dimmed B, but it's kinda hard to tell because the interface is different on 3DS. If this is dimmed B, then that's what you need, and that's also what dying after stealing fishing rod as link gives you. someone with more MM knowledge may know.)
A quick method of getting it is using Transformation Storage when starting H&D (from link to another form), fail it instantly, take off mask & leave the house.
When you activate Down A, you're able to use all items for the duration of it.
If you pull out the ocarina and then put it away all buttons on the lower screen will become grayed out, and the interface will be hidden on the upper screen. You can still use the items even though they are grey, and time is passing even though you can't see the clock.

Giant's Mask crashes as always. This makes it possible to use Fierce Deity anywhere (where you can get Down A as link) if you have the mask.

It may be possible with other forms as well, but we'd need a way to get Down A on those forms, and a way for them to get Blank B (dimmed B?).

Edit:
You can get Sword on B as Zora & Goron by playing H&D. It does not work for Deku.
Use transformation storage to start the game as Zora.
Put the Mask away in your inventory (so that you don't have it on one of your 4 buttons), this will make you transform back into Link. (Doing this with the Deku Mask will not make him take off the mask, so it will not work. I suspect this is related to first cycle where you can stay as deku even without Mask equipped)
Now end the minigame and exit the building without turning into the form you used before again.
Turn back to the form you used again outside the building. You will get Sword on B.
Note that kokiri sword on B as zora is the same as regular fins, so you won't notice a difference unless you have Razor or Gilded Sword.
For Goron Link all swords act as the regular punch, so you won't see any difference.

Note: If you take on the mask again after the minigame is over inside the building, you will get Weird B.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:08:19 PM by CloudMax » Logged

gabyelnuevo
Regular Guay

Máscara de La Fiera Deidad

Email
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2015, 06:34:52 PM »

Doesnt do anything right now, but "Quick-PutAway" from OoT 1.0 is back in the silliest form in MM3D, pick up the Moon's Tear for the first time with any item on hand he'll "quick put away" it http://youtu.be/5nXiK2fL4t8
This might be due to the cutscene that plays after you pick it up, this can potentially turn into action swap or something.
http://i.imgur.com/3vfRNW5.jpg

I also (need to do it again to see again, this is from up top of my head) i think i got a quickdraw in snowhead temple from beating the mini boss for fire arrows and from the cutscene that plays to open the door and etc,
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 08:23:41 PM by gabyelnuevo » Logged
thestickystickman
Deku Scrub

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2015, 06:49:32 PM »

Use any Item anywhere as Link (and possibly other forms)
Get Blank B (I actually think this is dimmed B, but it's kinda hard to tell because the interface is different on 3DS. If this is dimmed B, then that's what you need, and that's also what dying after stealing fishing rod as link gives you. someone with more MM knowledge may know.)
A quick method of getting it is using Transformation Storage when starting H&D (from link to another form), fail it instantly, take off mask & leave the house.
When you activate Down A, you're able to use all items for the duration of it.
If you pull out the ocarina and then put it away all buttons on the lower screen will become grayed out, and the interface will be hidden on the upper screen. You can still use the items even though they are grey, and time is passing even though you can't see the clock.

Giant's Mask crashes as always. This makes it possible to use Fierce Deity anywhere (where you can get Down A as link) if you have the mask.

It may be possible with other forms as well, but we'd need a way to get Down A on those forms, and a way for them to get Blank B (dimmed B?).

I'm confused. The ocarina is not grayed out while I'm doing down A, but it isn't being taken out when I press it.
Blazeingphoenix
Deku Scrub

Whatz Up everyone!

« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2015, 08:57:51 PM »

Not sure if this has already been discovered by someone else and/or talked about, and pretty sure this isn't in the original version of Majora's Mask, but I found out yesterday morning that while climbing (i.e. ladders and vines) if you mash B while holding up to climb, Link will climb faster. Not sure how helpful this can be for speed runs, as I don't speed run MM as well as don't really watch much runs so don't know how many things are climbed, but seems to be a bit helpful for casual stuff, like climbing the wall before getting the Goron Mask. Overall, found it to be a bit interesting and thought it may help to share. Smiley
poww10s
Deku Scrub

« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2015, 09:15:53 PM »

Whats the best way to do a gainer on 3ds? I managed to do moon tear skip, but that was without retargeting. Gainer with zora is really hard.
thestickystickman
Deku Scrub

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2015, 09:29:14 PM »

Whats the best way to do a gainer on 3ds? I managed to do moon tear skip, but that was without retargeting. Gainer with zora is really hard.

You could pause buffer with the home menu, but it's not that hard to just work up muscle memory.
poww10s
Deku Scrub

« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2015, 12:06:51 AM »

If you pause buffer though wouldn't you have to keep holding L?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2015, 01:02:57 AM »

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/mm3d/ is up. Editors wanted

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: