ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:21:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ZSR Marathon 2015  (Read 18283 times)
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« on: September 07, 2014, 06:40:21 PM »

I hate to do this, but I'm afraid that we'll have to cancel the ZSR Marathon event this year.

There was only about 12 people that have told me they would probably be able to make the ZSR Marathon. Several of them and many that aren't going said they will more likely attend SGDQ instead. A lot of people dropped out; including runners, volunteers, and tech staff. This is opposed originally to the roughly 30 people that had said they'd be able to go to a ZSR event in July when I asked before. Because of that, I had found a hotel that will accommodate 25-40, and costs roughly $2000 for the entire event. Because the interest for this kind of event was this low, regardless the number of runners/runs, we just won't be able to afford this kind of hotel unless people want to spend up to $200 for a 3-4 day event.

I'm not blaming anyone. I just feel that currently the community as a whole just doesn't want/need an event like this yet. Maybe another year when there's more growth.

Over the next few weeks, I'll see about organizing a online event like we had back in 2013. This depends partly on both community interest and volunteers.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:06:59 PM by TestRunner » Logged

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
skavenger216
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 11:42:43 PM »

I was gonna submit 2 Adventure of Link categories for the marathon (glitched Any%, and 100% All Keys), was just waiting until i knew for sure that i could get there.  If you end up doing an online event, i would definitely be interested in running Zelda 2 for it Smiley
Jacof53
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 09:03:53 AM »

ZSR Marathon 2015 will be a very interesting event. Being an event coordinator I have also organized such events. Personally I really enjoy attending such events and planning them is also an extremely enjoyable thing.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:39:43 AM by Jacof53 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: