ZSR Forums
April 26, 2024, 12:21:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: possible use of the japanese version?  (Read 6449 times)
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« on: December 27, 2009, 08:52:23 AM »

the other day i was using action replay to do crazy shit in OoT and i had activated a code for japanese text. that code makes the game appear as the japanese version and i noticed that some cutscenes finished a bit faster because the kanji and shit make the text boxes have less text overall and scroll faster.
could this be useful for actual speedrunning given the fact timing includes cutscenes?
it might be a stretch but the game is still pretty much playable since most options are the top choice and only the owls require you to scroll to the second option.
this could benefit TASes but i think they don't allow japanese roms....

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 06:13:01 PM »

this was actually discussed on that tas forum awhile ago. They decided that although it's faster, they wouldn't use the japanese version unless there was a considerable advantage

Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 09:06:42 PM »

IMO there's nothing wrong with using it, but it'd be pretty gay if you beat someone JUST by using a different language.

Also if RG wants to restart his run (haha) I could mail him my JP 1.0 to use.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 02:26:58 AM »

it's not like the player would gain assloads of time. comparable skills to Runnerguy would still be needed.

i was thinking along the lines of subbing 1 hour since every second counts towards that goal.

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 02:50:37 AM »

Sub 1 hour is pretty much a guarantee at this point. I think runs on the Japanese version would be nice, if they do make the cutscenes shorter, but not essential. Although, shorter cutscenes may mean different routes, since many routes are chosen in order to avoid certain long cutscenes.

ded
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 03:10:58 AM »

someone should get to timing each cutscene to compare the differences then.

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 04:38:45 AM »

IMO there's nothing wrong with using it, but it'd be pretty gay if you beat someone JUST by using a different language.
This, and it's why I'll continue on the US V1.0.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »

My Japanese version is still delivering. The main reason I bought it is when doing SS, it just makes me more nervous the longer cutscene. I also hate it when the first 18 minutes(not counting the opening cutscene) 12 of those minutes are cutscenes.  Cry

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: