ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:43:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Save file management  (Read 4954 times)
Myria
Regular Guay

« on: August 05, 2014, 07:51:10 AM »

How do you all manage your save files?  I am having trouble with only being able to have 3 save files in this game.  Is there some sneaky way to copy files from the cartridge to an SD card?

I suppose that I could buy extra copies of the game.  Is it possible to buy the digital download version without buying a gold 3DS XL?  And if you do, if you have the cartridge inserted, do both the download version and cartridge version show up separately?  That would give me 6 save files without having to switch cartridges.

Melissa
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 07:53:57 AM »

Digital copies put your files on SD card, so you effectively have as any savefiles as you want.

Too bad cartridge doesn't let you, because 3 is just too damn few.
Myria
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 04:53:03 AM »

OK, I bought the download version, since my 3DS was already out of the EmuNAND firmware range anyway.

Can save files be copied off an SD card separately from the game itself?  Or does the save file get integrated into the game package somehow?

Is the game file literally copy protected?  Obviously, there will be something preventing the game moving from a 3DS to another 3DS, but is there any protection against moving the game files from one SD card to another if the same 3DS and Nintendo store account ends up using it?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 08:23:19 AM »

There is a way to look at raw OoT3D save files, so I assume there's a way to do this for ALBW. I just don't know how

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 11:15:04 AM »

Digital copies put your files on SD card, so you effectively have as any savefiles as you want.

Too bad cartridge doesn't let you, because 3 is just too damn few.

Powersave 3DS is one way of backing up saves from a 3DS cartridge
https://powersaves3ds.maximummemory.com/

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: