ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:20:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No OoB  (Read 4599 times)
Yoshistar95
Deku Scrub

Beating my own limits!

« on: November 04, 2014, 06:29:54 PM »

I've recently started to speedrun this route and so far I haven't completed a full run. (mostly because I die)

I do have a few questions about some tricks, first is that difficult dash slide in HoG:
Where exactly can it be done? The small cut is easy, but the miniboss/small key skip dash slide is where I'm stuck at. Sad (got it only once, I watched videos, but still no clue)

And what about the Cave 2 & 3 diagonal slide? I keep missing the other side, tried different spots and still no success... my closest was a few pixels off...

It's just those two tricks, I just don't understand how it's done. (other tricks are doable, I just need to get the feel for timing)

My current PR is 3:13.24 before the route was introduced, so obviously I've done wrong routes, but I'll close the gab. I'm able to make a live run with my mobile, but sadly it has no focus which means it'll be blurry.... recently got an old video camera though (sharp quality), but I'll need a 2GB SD card if I want to record the whole run without stopping. (and I need to record in 2 parts with my mobile due to 90 minutes cap, stupid logic (so expect to miss a few seconds of the run, livesplit will still be visible though!)

And I don't have the money to get a capture card, plus finding a 2GB SD card seems to be more difficult than I thought... 4GB is the lowest available :/

#1 ALBW, since February 2014 (minigames)
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 08:05:14 AM »

There are pictures and tutorials on most tricks in the game via zsr pages, just look them up in their proper section and they should be there Smiley

I am the Zeldo for you <3
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 05:32:28 AM »

Small thing you should know about the Cave 2&3 diagonal slide. (I assume that's the one when you go up Death Mountain before Tower of Hera.) This is currently the only (? I believe it is) dash slide in the game that you can't "buffer". (By buffering, I mean holding back on the stick while the dash is charging, so that Link starts sliding ASAP after he's started dashing.) So the success of that one particular dash slide resides mostly into timing when you cancel the dash.
Yoshistar95
Deku Scrub

Beating my own limits!

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 09:43:39 AM »

I've figured them all out, but it took me some time to get a full run without dying once (besides deathwarp) and got 2:17:05.86 Smiley

Some parts of the run were awful, but now I can compare my splits when I do a new run. Definitely can save 3-4 minutes with Lorule Castle as it went bad in that part...
Video proof will be up next week, due to the fact the uploader is down (damn you Symbian!) I can't upload videos until I can use a computer, which is tuesday....
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:45:26 AM by Yoshistar95 » Logged

#1 ALBW, since February 2014 (minigames)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: