ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 07:58:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting Soft Rest Runs  (Read 5348 times)
Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« on: December 25, 2009, 09:03:56 PM »

Since SDA won't accept SR (soft reset) runs, I think it'd be a good idea for ZSR to take responsibility for hosting these runs. We could probably upload alec's oot rba sr run soon to get it started. And for those of you who don't know, a SR run basically means save warping in a SS. After you save you then... reset <_< Pretty simple... So, what you guys think?

edit: Oh, and Ringrush suggested it being called "Real Time Attack"... RTA for short >_>

RTA run...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 10:26:46 PM by Unreal » Logged
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 01:01:19 AM »

Since SDA won't accept SR (soft reset) runs, I think it'd be a good idea for ZSR to take responsibility for hosting these runs. We could probably upload alec's oot rba sr run soon to get it started. And for those of you who don't know, a SR run basically means save warping in a SS. After you save you then... reset <_< Pretty simple... So, what you guys think?

edit: Oh, and Ringrush suggested it being called "Real Time Attack"... RTA for short >_>

RTA run...

Sweet Idea! The run I did live on Ustream wasn't recorded unfortunately, but I wouldn't mind re-doing it AT ALL(I can do it MUCH faster, the DoT Skip and Ganon were terrible and I've practiced those parts since). I'd REALLY like to do a SR run of OoT for the site.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 01:04:55 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 05:02:11 AM »

I'd watch them...

I think it's a good idea!

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 02:29:21 PM »

sounds gud  Grin
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 02:23:48 AM »

Obviously I'm a supporter (I recently made a topic about OoT SS with soft resets).

This seems like a perfectly acceptable category, in addition to the standard seg and SS categories.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 06:15:53 AM »

Don't the Japanese already have something like this called time attacks?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 07:08:27 AM »

Don't the Japanese already have something like this called time attacks?
Yeah, they call it exactly what RingRush suggested: RTA's

Anyways +1 approval on my end, good stuff

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: