ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:09:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Zelda Glitches?  (Read 4192 times)
The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

Expert Glitch Theorist. Pro Doom Jumper. BiT God.

« on: May 07, 2014, 09:00:46 PM »

What's your favorite Zelda glitches? There's a lot of good ones to choose from. There's EMS in TP, Swordless Link in OoT & OoT3D, the famous BiT in WW, TP, and SS and more! I just want to here all the different opinions out there. My favorite glitch is BiT in SS and TP because they have a lot of fun subglitches. I also like the CD Streaming technique in TP and WW.

Quote from: Dolly Parton
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.
Quote from: Myself
LIES!!! I direct the wind using my beautiful Wind Waker! Parton's a dumb b***h!
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 12:55:02 AM »

One of my favorites (more for what it is rather than what it does) is the Title Screen glitch (or what I like to call the one button glitch) in Ocarina of Time.  

If you press A at the last possible frame before the screen fades out when the camera enters the Lost Woods, you'll advance the game state from Title Screen mode to File Select mode, but the next cutscene in the sequence will play normally, but you'll be dumped at the File Select rather than return to the cutscene in Hyrule Field.

It almost has a use. It can be used as a back-up cutscene pointer for the Ganondoor Warp, but the Hyrule Field cutscene is about 1 min long and the trick is frame perfect.

WW BiT has an interesting story to it. The original Back in Time glitch for Windwaker was a trick discovered by Animeowzers that I believe skipped a dialog with Tetra, which in turn caused some goofy side effects. When I saw that video, I was all "that's not Back in Time" and in about 30 mins of attempts I managed to perform the older "reset in a void" BiT trick.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Drenn
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 04:19:30 AM »

My favorite is the Veran Warp glitch in Ages, or rather, its more general form.

Imagine if you booted up a game, opened a memory viewer, and started overwriting tons of bytes at random. That's pretty much the Veran Warp glitch in a nutshell, though technically, it's not random. I find it particularly amusing because Ages used to be one of the least glitchy zelda games.

I also think the index warp in Majora's Mask is pretty interesting. Maybe I just like the idea of an innocuous-looking background object being key to a large sequence break.
The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 11:42:30 PM »

One of my favorites (more for what it is rather than what it does) is the Title Screen glitch (or what I like to call the one button glitch) in Ocarina of Time.  

If you press A at the last possible frame before the screen fades out when the camera enters the Lost Woods, you'll advance the game state from Title Screen mode to File Select mode, but the next cutscene in the sequence will play normally, but you'll be dumped at the File Select rather than return to the cutscene in Hyrule Field.

It almost has a use. It can be used as a back-up cutscene pointer for the Ganondoor Warp, but the Hyrule Field cutscene is about 1 min long and the trick is frame perfect.

WW BiT has an interesting story to it. The original Back in Time glitch for Windwaker was a trick discovered by Animeowzers that I believe skipped a dialog with Tetra, which in turn caused some goofy side effects. When I saw that video, I was all "that's not Back in Time" and in about 30 mins of attempts I managed to perform the older "reset in a void" BiT trick.
WW BiT is fun. I'm sure you've done EMS in TP, so do you not like that? It has a lot of subglitches, not to mention it's a major sequence break. I think all the BiT's are fun, hands down. It's gotten to the point where I'm beginning to wonder if Nintendo's intentionally putting them in now, especially considering how easy it is in SS, it's as though the testers HAD to find it. I hope BiT will never go away. I'm just waiting for the next console release to see if BiT exists in it, considering every console Zelda since the Wind Waker (except Four Swords Adventures) has BiT in it. I wonder if it will be in the upcoming Zelda for the Wii U? Let's just hope!

oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 12:36:16 AM »

Anything that has to do with deaths, especially cutscene skips. Dying in a speedrun can be good sometimes.  Wink

Before you save the world, kiss the princess or you might regret it.
The Link Between Worlds
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 05:42:37 PM »

Yup, dieing at the right time in just about any Zelda title has the possible potential to trigger Back in Time! Dieing is good in speedruns in a lot of cases.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: