ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:29:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Q&A Ganondoor/Gohma Hover Trick Help Thread  (Read 65766 times)
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 05:38:59 PM »

Please upload a video of you doing it so we can actually see what you're doing wrong.

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 09:57:28 PM »

Being too early or too late could mean anything, since making even the slightest mistake between the positioning of the OI to the opening of the door can throw you off in either direction.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Ulquiorra
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 10:46:23 PM »

Someone could explain me the 8 backflips setup for Ganondoor ? I mean, how does it work after the ocarina item. I waste time by doing an other setup which is slower.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 02:44:04 AM »

Someone could explain me the 8 backflips setup for Ganondoor ? I mean, how does it work after the ocarina item. I waste time by doing an other setup which is slower.

The second half of that setup has two versions I think. One where you roll and then slash you sword and one where you walk downward and throw a nut. I'm not too familiar with either tbh.
Ulquiorra
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 05:52:10 PM »

Ok roll and slash is easier and faster.
Foxiiinou
Deku Scrub

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 08:48:15 PM »

hi , i cant succeed yet the gohma escape :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ6Y4kCSwmA

i dont really know what to do once i'm facing gohma , i tried to put my stick to the left until the wide open eye frame then i backflip .
Should i do something more or did i forget some imput before backfliping ?
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 09:36:22 PM »

hi , i cant succeed yet the gohma escape :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ6Y4kCSwmA

i dont really know what to do once i'm facing gohma , i tried to put my stick to the left until the wide open eye frame then i backflip .
Should i do something more or did i forget some imput before backfliping ?

You don't need to hold left unless you already failed the clip once IIRC. Make sure you're also holding your shield out when you backflip. Also make sure it's the first big red eye frame and not the second (they look identical I think, but Gohma makes a noise during the second one as you unpause). If you seem to be doing everything right but you don't clip, Gohma might just not be in the right spot. Some people have said that if you ESS to pivot and turn around once you target the wall, instead of just doing a 180, it somehow helps, so that's what I started doing. tbh I have only gotten the clip like 3 times before, but the hardest thing for me is getting ISG (I waste so much time getting ISG that Gohma moves too close and it ruins the position). The only times I ever got the clip were when I got ISG while Gohma was still stunned.
Foxiiinou
Deku Scrub

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 12:22:28 PM »

ok thx , i succeed it but only on the second try
btastic
Regular Guay

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 07:53:18 AM »

You don't need to hold left unless you already failed the clip once IIRC. Make sure you're also holding your shield out when you backflip. Also make sure it's the first big red eye frame and not the second (they look identical I think, but Gohma makes a noise during the second one as you unpause). If you seem to be doing everything right but you don't clip, Gohma might just not be in the right spot. Some people have said that if you ESS to pivot and turn around once you target the wall, instead of just doing a 180, it somehow helps, so that's what I started doing. tbh I have only gotten the clip like 3 times before, but the hardest thing for me is getting ISG (I waste so much time getting ISG that Gohma moves too close and it ruins the position). The only times I ever got the clip were when I got ISG while Gohma was still stunned.

I practiced ghoma clip yesterday for a few hours on emulator and I'm getting it like 6/10 times now. The thing that worked for me really well: get ISG while ghoma is stunned (can't say if its still working if you don't get it in the first try), untarget ghoma, turn around by flicking the stick down and z-target quick (dont move while turning), then start walking forward and make a slight curve to the right and aim for the place you're supposed to go. When you are in front of the door, facing it, Z-target, ESS position down to pivot 180°, hold shield and z-target. Now wait for the first big eye frame (2nd is where ghoma makes a noise when unpausing) and backflip. If you didn't get it in the first try, you can do it again by holding down-left while waiting for the next big eye frame and then you backflip on it. If you dont get it, something I wrote did go wrong. It just happens because you need to do it like this to get ghoma in the right place.

The mistake I did the most was after getting ISG, I tended to walk a bit too far to the left, which impacts ghoma. Just stay calm, turn around, then start walking the path I described.

If you're having trouble getting ISG, practice it a lot. It's a essential trick and you should get it 9/10 times to be honest. It's really easy and it's very useful in many places.

Hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7jSaE10yq88&t=78 I made a video
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:24:34 PM by btastic » Logged

also known as Sutso
Ulquiorra
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 01:02:39 PM »

I practiced ghoma clip yesterday for a few hours on emulator and I'm getting it like 6/10 times now. The thing that worked for me really well: get ISG while ghoma is stunned (can't say if its still working if you don't get it in the first try), untarget ghoma, turn around by flicking the stick down and z-target quick (dont move while turning), then start walking forward and make a slight curve to the right and aim for the place you're supposed to go. When you are in front of the door, facing it, Z-target, ESS position down to pivot 180°, hold shield and z-target. Now wait for the first big eye frame (2nd is where ghoma makes a noise when unpausing) and backflip. If you didn't get it in the first try, you can do it again by holding down-left while waiting for the next big eye frame and then you backflip on it. If you dont get it, something I wrote did go wrong. It just happens because you need to do it like this to get ghoma in the right place.

The mistake I did the most was after getting ISG, I tended to walk a bit too far to the left, which impacts ghoma. Just stay calm, turn around, then start walking the path I described.

If you're having trouble getting ISG, practice it a lot. It's a essential trick and you should get it 9/10 times to be honest. It's really easy and it's very useful in many places.

Hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7jSaE10yq88&t=78 I made a video

I wasn't able to clip until i discover an other method, pretty easy, which make sure that gohma will be in the right spot when you'll backflip. I do deku nut crouch stab deku nut crouch stab x2 then I sidehop left while targetting gohma, untarget, ISG, and then i walk to the door corner. I found it thanks to a video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1QrwdsgQGs

However I still have trouble with this trick cause I can't kill her through the wall.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 01:07:04 PM by Ulquiorra » Logged
Xeno.
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 09:58:59 AM »

Hi,

is Ganondoor working on the PAL GC version? I tried it about 50 times and I get :

20% Into dekutree cutscene
15% Into the room before Gohma
40% Into Ganonstower, there I have a blackscreen and can´t move
25% Into Ganonstower, there I see Link but I can´t move

Sorry for my bad english I´m 14 and from Germany Tongue
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2013, 10:18:58 AM »

Hi,

is Ganondoor working on the PAL GC version? I tried it about 50 times and I get :

20% Into dekutree cutscene
15% Into the room before Gohma
40% Into Ganonstower, there I have a blackscreen and can´t move
25% Into Ganonstower, there I see Link but I can´t move

Whether or not it crashes depends on the last cutscene you watched (only cutscenes that begin as a new area is loaded count). If the last cutscene you watched is the title screen cutscene, you will always get a black screen. If the last cutscene you watched was the Deku Tree intro cutscene (where the camera pans around the room when you first enter), it will always work. If you just loaded your save file, the last cutscene in memory will probably be the title screen cutscene. You can clear this cutscene by entering Link's house and pausing the game. This will make the glitch work again, in case you already watched the Deku Tree intro CS and can't get it back.
Xeno.
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2013, 10:47:49 AM »

Did I only have to pause in my house , unpause and do the glitch? Or I have to save in the house?
I have done the first and get in Ganonstower, see Link and can´t move  Undecided

Sorry for my bad english I´m 14 and from Germany Tongue
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2013, 10:51:47 AM »

Did I only have to pause in my house , unpause and do the glitch? Or I have to save in the house?
I have done the first and get in Ganonstower, see Link and can´t move  Undecided

That's strange... Try pausing in House of Twins instead maybe. I'm not an expert on this, but it's possible that GC PAL is different in some way.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2013, 11:00:39 AM »

I used GC PAL and only pausing in Link's House was required. The house of twins is only required in JP 1.1 IIRC.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: