ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:25:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Q&A Ganondoor/Gohma Hover Trick Help Thread  (Read 65765 times)
Crank
Deku Scrub

« on: March 04, 2013, 11:32:24 PM »

Hey guys
the damn wrong warp still doesnt working.
Here a new Video with Tas Input
http://youtu.be/wtHoOrn_ybw

I dont think that the Ocarina Item glitch is the problem.Even with Tas frame by frame input the Wrong warp fails....

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:42:50 PM by mzxrules » Logged
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:34:32 AM »

Well that video reveals the problem: you're playing on a PAL version of the game, which runs slower than NTSC and makes some tricks harder. One noticeable difference about PAL vs. NTSC is that Link's roll distance is shorter on PAL, which means the roll forward you do in this setup leaves Link too close to the warp if it is not done on NTSC. That also explains why the little steps forward you would do to correct yourself worked to get Link into the warp.

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Crank
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 12:55:51 AM »

That explains a lot. Thx very much.  Kiss
JSamson
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:08:37 PM »

I've never done any glitches in OoT before (played it glitchless a few times), last night I was trying to wrong warp from Deku -> Ganon's Castle but couldn't do it. I've watched various tutorials on Youtube but can't seem to get it. Could somebody take a look at the my attempt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaYgY8r52fY&feature=youtu.be

Thanks! I'm probably doing it horribly wrong but it's my first day messing with OoT so please don't be too harsh  Tongue
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »

I've never done any glitches in OoT before (played it glitchless a few times), last night I was trying to wrong warp from Deku -> Ganon's Castle but couldn't do it. I've watched various tutorials on Youtube but can't seem to get it. Could somebody take a look at the my attempt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaYgY8r52fY&feature=youtu.be

Thanks! I'm probably doing it horribly wrong but it's my first day messing with OoT so please don't be too harsh  Tongue
I'm pretty sure you aren't holding your control stick perfectly to the left, but instead slightly diagonal. If you are certain you are holding your control stick perfectly left, then it could also have to do with your controller settings.

Also be careful with releasing your camera (at 16 seconds in the video), it could mess things up. You want to keep your camera locked and only unlock it at the places the tutorials do it as well.
JSamson
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 01:50:06 PM »

I'm pretty sure you aren't holding your control stick perfectly to the left, but instead slightly diagonal. If you are certain you are holding your control stick perfectly left, then it could also have to do with your controller settings.

Also be careful with releasing your camera (at 16 seconds in the video), it could mess things up. You want to keep your camera locked and only unlock it at the places the tutorials do it as well.
Thanks! I think it was a combination of the two, after adjusting the controller settings and not releasing Z until after moving forward it's working. I seem to be able to get it pretty consistently with a 360 controller, but only about 1/5 with an almost new official N64 controller (adaptoid PC adapter).
exe
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 04:43:00 PM »

I've a problem with the Links House (Pause) WrongWarp fix.
I tried it out so many times, but everytime it warps me into a "new" dark room where i can hear the Deku Tree OST.
It's not the Dark Room with the burning Rocks that appears if you not fix the WrongWarp.

Could it be, that my Version is specific? I play on N64 NTSC-J Version 1.1
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 04:52:58 PM »

Yes. That specific version does not work with the pausing in Link's house trick. I've heard watching the hyrule field cutscene may work, so you can try that.

exe
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 05:13:36 PM »

Ok thank you very much. This method seems to be a bad alternative Sad

It's only specific on the 1.1 Version right? With 1.0 you have no problem to perform the House fix?
If it's not so random to get a 1.0 Version on ebay :/
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 05:49:18 PM »

Pause fix works if you pause in the twin's house in v1.1 J

Edit: Pausing in Link's House does work with 1.1, but only if the language is set to English.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 06:04:26 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
exe
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 06:10:29 PM »

Hey it works...thank you very much.

Ok, it's a few seconds slower than the house method, but if WW goes wrong, the Run ist over. Its only important for races, because i'll never forfeit a race. Never give up ^^

The fact with the english text is nice to know, but then I can played the US Version instead. I have one 1.0 US.

bobthegiraffemonkey
Deku Scrub

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 12:48:26 PM »

Hi guys, been lurking for a while and started learning Ganondoor casually a while back.

I have a problem with the camera trolling me sometimes by being at the wrong angle after I do OI, so then I obviously can't continue with the setup. I don't even know why this happens, and I've tried messing with it using savestates to try to reproduce it consistently to know what to avoid, but I failed.

Why does this happen, and more importantly how do I avoid it?

Thanks in advance for any help Smiley.
th3kuzinator
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 05:34:10 AM »

To compound on all ganondoor problems I also need help. It seems sometimes I can always get frames 3 and 4 correctly (from a save state after OI completed) but cant get others, and then there are other times it seems I can only get 2 and 5 correctly (I've never yet done 1 correctly).

What exactly does it mean when I'm warping outside the deku tree or just entering into the next room as normal (two most common mistakes I seem to be getting).

I've followed both pewdie's and tokyoboi's videos to the T and still somehow seem to be messing up some of the time. Is it perhaps camera angles? Or the time after the janky blue warp pan that I'm supposed to cancel OI?

gosh its so frustrating
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 07:25:16 AM »

To compound on all ganondoor problems I also need help. It seems sometimes I can always get frames 3 and 4 correctly (from a save state after OI completed) but cant get others, and then there are other times it seems I can only get 2 and 5 correctly (I've never yet done 1 correctly).

What exactly does it mean when I'm warping outside the deku tree or just entering into the next room as normal (two most common mistakes I seem to be getting).

I've followed both pewdie's and tokyoboi's videos to the T and still somehow seem to be messing up some of the time. Is it perhaps camera angles? Or the time after the janky blue warp pan that I'm supposed to cancel OI?

gosh its so frustrating

Outside Deku Tree means you were late (usually meaning you opened the door late), Deku Tree Basement means early, Ganon's Tower means just right. If your game crashes, it means your timing was perfect, but the last cutscene you watched was incompatible for the glitch.
th3kuzinator
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 02:46:47 PM »

but what does being early or late mean and how can I fix it? can I fix it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: