ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:20:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The FUCKING lizalfos hover.  (Read 7771 times)
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« on: December 17, 2009, 09:27:17 PM »

Yeah I know this probably looks like i'm blowing off steam, and I am, but I figured since this trick is so evil and so disasterous and spirit breaking it should have a topic all to its own.

For those who don't know, in the spirit temple in order to skip slingshot and still get the chus in the child section, you need to hover off of the lizalfos in the room in order to hit the crystal switch. This is MUCH easier said than done, as the trick is almost 100% luck manipulating the lizalfos, and then VERY quickly reacting to the lizalfos's movements in the rare and unexpected event they actually cooperate. This trick is, imo, the SINGLE HARDEST trick in the entire game, other than the green bubble boost (which afaik no one has ever gotten except unreal and pokey).

If anyone knows how to actually manipulate the lizalfos consistently, PLEASE be my guest and share it.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 01:41:22 AM »

Overreaction much? Are you honestly saying this is hover then say, Adult Low% Fortress? As it is not.

What I found helps, is to ISG off of sun switch before they drop. Get the camera ready, then activate them both, and allign yourself to the wall to the RIGHT of the crystal switch. Head straight forward and wait until the Lizafoes are close. Then sidehop left a few times, and walk backwards into position. It isn't surefire, yet it helps.

ded
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 02:27:43 AM »

lol it's funny because i actually half-figured that out myself before even reading the post you just made. Cheesy

but yeah i do tend to overreact to things, particularly when i'm frustrated. Sometimes, I overreact just to be funny (like when i "type in all caps and say fuck" on irc), but a lot of the time i really do get extremely pissed off at things and overreact when i get frustrated.

And yeah i've never tried low% adult fortress so i wouldn't know if that's harder or not (although i'm sure it is judging by what people have said).

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 04:52:12 AM »

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 11:54:32 AM »

BEST. PICTURE. EVER.

Acryte
Regular Guay

Zelda Scientist®

Acryte@hotmail.com Acry7e
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 01:02:46 AM »

you realize the trick is actually very easy... you just listen for the lizalfos to make that sound, then backflip. You time it using the sounds they make, they always make it a set time before swinging.... :_) p.s. im back (kinda) woot

Wisdom; Power; Courage.
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 01:10:45 AM »

Acryte ZSR is hacked make moar pages

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 02:31:14 AM »

you realize the trick is actually very easy... you just listen for the lizalfos to make that sound, then backflip. You time it using the sounds they make, they always make it a set time before swinging.... :_) p.s. im back (kinda) woot

yeah i know how to do it, it's just hard because it requires so much luck in manipulating the lizalfos.

TSDA
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 06:59:54 AM »

This is hard.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 04:51:09 PM »

Acryte, the lizalfos hover is not just listening to their noises. It's almost 100% luck; you have to manipulate them in EXACTLY the right pattern or you'll fuck up the hover. Then by the time you get to the actual hover (good luck even getting to that lol) you're too much in a panic to get the hover right. Basically the whole trick is 100% luck, and imo is the third hardest trick in the game (the only things harder are the green bubble boost and getting to the adult side in child spirit in low%)

Schilleey
Deku Scrub

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 10:42:50 AM »

no it´s actually pretty easy...it only took a lot of practice  Grin
do the same what acryte said and you are on a good way to do it^^
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 01:23:13 PM »

no it´s actually pretty easy...it only took a lot of practice  Grin
do the same what acryte said and you are on a good way to do it^^

actually i'm pretty good at the actual hover now - the hard part is just manipulating the lizalfos into the right attack pattern (one right after the other but not too soon after the other) in order to actually do the hover.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: