ZSR Forums
April 26, 2024, 05:02:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT was originally supposed to have 9 dungeons  (Read 8467 times)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« on: December 17, 2009, 04:48:21 AM »

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=108029

"Yes, you may be absolutely right, although I can not remember exactly all the details. There really is a difference between the temples, which we wanted to integrate and those that exist in the final game. And that had something to do with magic. We thought of integrating some actions, some plot threads, and some puzzles that have something to do with magic abilities. We have come to the conclusion that other, already existing, just regular items to be a worthy replacement. So we had originally three temples, which would capture the young Link, three temples for the adult Link and three in which he was to learn each spell - but instead we have eliminated a temple of it. In the final game is now so 3 plus 3 plus 2, or 8 temples to find."

So if we actually had these 9 dungeons we may not even have shadow early.  I wonder what it would've been like, and if it would still be as breakable as it is now.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
gamekube64
Deku Scrub

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 06:23:53 AM »

I thought Ganon's Castle was the 9th dungeon, oh well. Tongue
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 09:56:24 AM »

Unicorn Fountain under Zora's Domain ice.
* Maxx gets shot
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 03:41:10 PM »

We'd still have RBA and I'm sure we'd just skip it anyway. Roll Eyes

Actually the coding would probably have been different. Assuming the middle 3 adult temple had to be done to trigger the final 3, then it might check for the last 3 and then who knows.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 05:42:27 PM »

Well that's really old news, isn't it? ToT was supposed to be a full fledged temple with only the entrance in the church. Something they finally did in TP.

As far as I know they rewrote the story of OoT quite drastically mid way through development since Mijamoto thought it wouldn't work the way it was...

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 05:50:26 PM »

ToT was supposed to be a full fledged temple with only the entrance in the church.

Yep, if you levitate over to the side of the ToT there is a solid ground path that used to lead around the back of the ToT.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 11:44:48 PM »

Yep, if you levitate over to the side of the ToT there is a solid ground path that used to lead around the back of the ToT.

Wtf, really?  Is it textured or anything?  I've never even heard of this.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 06:02:29 AM »

Wtf, really?  Is it textured or anything?  I've never even heard of this.

It's that path to the right of the ToT's Entrance where the gossip stones are. The path is solid.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
MrGrunz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 10:27:15 AM »

that has nothing to do with the fact, that ToT was supossed to a whole temple once

it's just the way OoT is programmed

the outside of ToT is on the same map like ToT itself
IcedCube
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 11:01:29 PM »

You're all forgetting we would've had MAGICKS! :OOO
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 09:45:43 AM »

Originally, the medalions were SUPPOSE to do have powers and whatnot. But it appears that something happened during developement that changed the course of the project to what it is today. From what I've read from Miamoto, it appears that that OoT was simply far too big for the hardware they had. So the project had to be reworked and trimmed down. Had Nintendo not run into the technical problems they did OoT, would probably not have been as glitchy as it is now.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 06:21:06 PM »

heh the N64 really limited a lot of what nintendo wanted to do with various games. F-Zero X has some similar stories.

also, wasn't there a text for the "Ice Medallion" when RBAing some items in the wrong slots? i think it was one of the items that weren't in the pause menu regularly put in the left side equipment slots. this would make an Ice Temple more likely than a ToT in OoT.

another thing is that i heard the medallions were actually the warp devices to get to each temple's entrances but later it was replaced by the songs. with this i bet it would have been harder to enter a few of them.

it would be nice if Nintendo someday makes a remake of OoT following their original plans before they started changing/cutting/siplifying things. sounds like the game might end up very different than the current game.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Acryte
Regular Guay

Zelda Scientist®

Acryte@hotmail.com Acry7e
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 05:34:46 PM »

Magic. Towel.

Wisdom; Power; Courage.
Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 08:00:56 PM »

it would be nice if Nintendo someday makes a remake of OoT following their original plans before they started changing/cutting/siplifying things. sounds like the game might end up very different than the current game.

I think Nintendo were planning on doing this round about when Wink Waker was getting made, but they scraped it.

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 08:56:18 PM »

ice medalion text?

I must see!

Edit: acording to Zelda wiki, the Ice medalion was the original name for the water one.

and the wind one was the original for forest. The text still remains though...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:07:28 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: