ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:18:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 game marathon  (Read 59266 times)
Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2010, 01:25:00 AM »

Fuck guys, I'll start remaking a roster with backup's and narrators. I'm gonna need the FTP pass SOON... I'll re-edit the post when it gets about ready.

EDIT: Alright bitches, I got a little mockup made. Check it out:

http://i.imgur.com/uv5wf.png

Now please post below to add names/times. When I get unbanned from the irc, and I get FTP access I can setup a little mini-site.

EDIT 2: yeah so I added MM twice. It's fixed now, but I'm not re-uploading the pic. That takes bandwidth. precious bandwidth that I just don't have Sad
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:06:43 AM by Blizzerk » Logged

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
Zero
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2010, 03:02:17 AM »

Fuck guys, I'll start remaking a roster with backup's and narrators. I'm gonna need the FTP pass SOON... I'll re-edit the post when it gets about ready.

EDIT: Alright bitches, I got a little mockup made. Check it out:

http://i.imgur.com/uv5wf.png

Now please post below to add names/times. When I get unbanned from the irc, and I get FTP access I can setup a little mini-site.

EDIT 2: yeah so I added MM twice. It's fixed now, but I'm not re-uploading the pic. That takes bandwidth. precious bandwidth that I just don't have Sad

Where's me for Phantom Hourglass, and backup for OoT?!?!?!? lol
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2010, 03:33:37 AM »

I think focusing on the 2D games seems a little selective.  We need to get some input from those who are going to watch the marathon.  If we do a focus on the 2D games and put the 3D games in less popular time slots, we're going to lose viewers, its as simple as that.
Very good point, I completely overlooked actual primetime slots and # of viewers; that is very important as well. I was just thinking if a date/time doesn't work for someone on something like Zelda II, and we don't have a backup (or backup can't make that day either), then the whole thing falls apart.

we should meet up irl
I think the closest person to me is Ing. :/

We could have like a mega OoT race with aleck vs. RG vs. ZFG vs. jianobutts vs. me vs. not ing
Not ZFG either since he's a nub who can't stream. But yeah, having OoT be a race would be highly entertaining, and it would improve our chances for a good time.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2010, 10:38:56 AM »

If I can get my friend to practice some Four Swords with me, I'm sure we'll be able to do that one. Only one player will be streamed if so. I guess I could get an extra Game Boy Player and stream both TVs if wanted.
Other games I could do are (As stated in Blizz' picture) ALttP, LA, OoA and OoS. If I practice LoZ a bit I would probably be able to do that as well.

Wak has said that he could do Four Swords Adventure and/or A Link to the Past. But it's unsure if he will have the equipment for it.

I could ask Arctic Eagle (Norweigian Zelda 2 runner, http://speeddemosarchive.com/Zelda2.html) if he is willing to join in for some Zelda 2 action.

May the Triforce be with you.
Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2010, 07:35:52 PM »

Alright so I'm gonna make some edits to the roster, and even upload it to another free hosting site in the mean time.

TO EVERYONE INTERESTED IN THE MARATHON: Practice your left hand games. You don't have to be the best or the fastest, were looking more for consistency (being able to do a trick most times without fucking up, even if it takes longer to do)

Even if the backups aren't used, they are NEEDED because like Runnerguy said, if one game can't be done were boned. I'll edit this once I get the roster up on a free hosting site.

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2010, 07:38:06 PM »

i wish i could help you guys

<@Cosmo> ive only drawn naked people recently
RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2010, 05:49:16 AM »

I think I'm gonna be the TP runner (or if not, the backup).  I could backup OoT but I don't think it matters, since there are enough good (even better) people who would do it.

My roommate could maybe be the backup for ALttP, as he was practicing it a few weeks back.  Tompa is a better choice, though.
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2010, 05:57:36 PM »

As I can't run any zelda games well, I'll volunteer to be a commentator (especially since I have a track record of good commentating). I don't think a stream looking at the commentators would be good, since unlike the SDA run the people talking aren't the zelda speedrunners. A skype voiceover would probably be good. Although, I could stream in between games some entertainment or something...me playing Baten Kaitos? :p (not really Sad ). I'm good for 3D games, but we also need people who are pro at 2D games to commentate for those (or at least provide me with a list of tricks and what their purpose is...I've played OoA/OoS/LA/FSA so I can explain everything that isn't an sb pretty easily).

ded
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2010, 02:09:49 AM »

I was looking at some charities and I think the best approach would be to pick one that raises money for children. I like this idea because everyone loves to help kids (which means we raise more money) and lets face it; for all of us to have internet access and play these video games as kids, we are in a pretty fortunate situation. Not all children get to enjoy the things we enjoy. Here is a list of 25 top children's charities, and there are many others as well.
I'm still for the "Get Jijo a Wii so he can play MM any% segmented on it"- charity. Cheesy
... But in all seriousness. How about Child's Play? http://www.childsplaycharity.org/
I like the idea of us gamers being able to relieve childreens suffering with games. And god knows these sick childreen need these games to at least keep a little bit of their childhood alive.
There actually was a woman at PAX East who was also sick a lot as a kid and thus could tell from first hand experience how much it means for these childreen to find some escape in games: http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/pa-the-series/116/

On the gaming side:
I will comment on MM. And I will fight anybody who tries to get in my way. :p
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 02:18:08 AM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2010, 02:15:13 AM »

child's play sounds good slowi Smiley

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2010, 02:27:03 AM »

As an added plus maybe (probably not, but hey it would be worth a try) we could get a small plug from penny arcade in their news, which would incraese our viewers by a lot and with that the money we can raise for charity. And isn't that the main reason we do this?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 02:44:33 AM by Slowking » Logged

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2010, 02:24:21 PM »

Wow that sounds perfect. They've got a Mario Marathon on June 25th so maybe we could go some time in July. I suppose the next step would be to actually set up a page that explains who we are, what we are doing, make it nice looking like, etc. The MarioMarathon had a "how to" page and it looks like we've got a lot of it covered.

After we have a page up and are happy with it, I'd say we email the contact person for Child's Play and see if we can get a blurb on their site linking to our page. From there we'd pretty much have all that stuff out of the way and be able to focus on the games.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2010, 12:13:59 AM »

hmm we still have the matter to settle how we play games with major sequenz breaks (LA, aLttp, OoT), though. I would propose a compromise.
We do two marathons back to back. One main marathon where we play through all the games as fast as possible and one mini marathon where we play an all temples run of the three games. This way we won't have the fastest time for our real marathon but still have an incentive to be quick in the mini marathon.

Zero
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2010, 12:15:34 AM »

hmm we still have the matter to settle how we play games with major sequenz breaks (LA, aLttp, OoT), though. I would propose a compromise.
We do two marathons back to back. One main marathon where we play through all the games as fast as possible and one mini marathon where we play an all temples run of the three games. This way we won't have the fastest time for our real marathon but still have an incentive to be quick in the mini marathon.
Major sequence breaks imo.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2010, 12:28:14 AM »

So main and mini marathon that are timed seperately?

Oh and btw. I am against making an OoT race in the marathon. It's a marathon and not a race for a reason. A race would be really fun for us, but it would confuse the hell out of the general viewer and we have to think of them first, since we want their money for charity.
We can race OoT all the time (and in fact we do). But the marathon is not the right place to do it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:32:21 AM by Slowking » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: