ZSR Forums
April 26, 2024, 10:47:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: 15 game marathon  (Read 61657 times)
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2009, 05:04:29 AM »

If runnerguy isnt going to do OoT then I cold be the runner. If he is then I could be a backup.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2009, 05:34:33 AM »

I don't know if i read it in this topic or not, but I heard we might use chat commentators? So that the runners can focus purely on the run itself? If I can get a decent microphone by then, I could do some commentating.

USB mics have way better quality than line in microphones, right?

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
MrGrunz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2009, 12:45:47 PM »

what the fuck is going on with you, aleckermit? Lips sealed

he just said, that he read, that we might use chat commentators and that's no bad idea at all

why are you saying all that shit to bluestarreturns?

I'd actually say, that YOU're filling your time with useless stuff avoiding the real problems in your life Wink
instead of coming here and insulting bluestarreturns, you should go out more often.
I mean, you don't even know bluestarreturns, but you think, you have the right to tell him, that he's a no life and all that stuff

I don't get it Undecided
Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2009, 03:29:04 PM »

I allready set up a page with a stream for the game, one for the commentator, one for the ZSR IRC and one for the UStream IRC> Don't tell me this aleckermit!  Sad

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
Jer
Regular Guay

jchipman10@msn.com
Email
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2009, 05:26:18 PM »

Pretty simple, dont have the stream running in the backround and you won't be distracted by the commentating.

I think commentary is a great idea, and being able to answer the chat makes it all the better

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »

First of all I dont think that you can have 2 audio inputs on Ustream. Second of all... wouldn't that be more distracting to the runners than them talking themselves? I know I wouldn't want someone constantly talking while I try to speedrun. If you ask me, I think you are just trying to fill your time with useless stuff while avoiding the real problems in your life.

Go outside, do some stuff, dance with some hot chicks, and THEN tell me if you want to commentate our marathon. Confidence is all you need. There's something out there for everyone. Go get it.

I DID NOT post that! MAJOR apologies to BlueStarReturns, that is ignorant bullshit.  We had a small Christmas party here last night and I had friends over and I know exactly which asshole typed that... I was showing him the ZSR site then we went in the other room and he played with my computer for a while. He's a rude, judgmental asshole all the time.

Again, I DID NOT POST THAT and I'm deleting it immediately.

PS: I'm changing my password just in case.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 05:34:48 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2009, 05:31:55 PM »

remember folks, never let some random n00b use your computer when you're away.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2009, 05:35:48 PM »

Yeah once my friend posted on sda along the lines of calling me a "cock sucker" who likes "little boys" and smells his own farts..... I deleted it immediatly lol <_<
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 03:56:10 AM »

It's okay, alec. I didn't even know about it til after you deleted it. I had an impression though that you don't talk like that anyway while watching your run, so even if I had seen it, I probably would've reacted somewhat like Grunz did. Though I would've just said, "WTF?"

Anyways, if I get a chance to be a commentator, I need to know some things and if I have to buy some things:

- Can you stream with a built-in webcam on a laptop? Or does it have to be a hook-up webcam?
- Where do you get streaming software? Is it free or do you buy it at a store?

I will be new to streaming when doing this, but not to commentating. I have done some commentaries on both of my Youtube Channels. The questions apply to the streaming. If I can get basic answers, I should be able to figure it out easily.

If we decide to use chat commentators, I'd be up for a few shifts. Especially during OoT as it's my favorite Zelda.

I'll check back to see what the decision and the answers are.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLAAuoOe6bc - This is an update on my youtube channel. It tests my rock band usb mic quality. would this be good enough quality for commentating? I personally think it sounds a lot better than my line-in mic. No longer The Storm Cloud of Skype, perhaps?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 04:55:47 AM by BlueStarReturns » Logged

SD2
Special Guay

tokay stole ma shovel

Email
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2009, 04:55:43 AM »

I use my computer's built in webcam for streaming.

Also, no software is needed, just make an account on ustream, allow the site access to your camera and mic, and you're good to go.

[00:09:38] <%Runnerguy2489> .entranta
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrnats
[00:09:42] <%Runnerguy2489> fuck
[00:09:45] <+Zero> lol
[00:09:46] <%Runnerguy2489> .etrants
[00:09:48] <%Runnerguy2489> FUCK
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2009, 04:58:08 AM »

For streaming the games, though, it's different, right?

I heard you need some kind of AV-to-USB cable or something. I mean, most people would like to see the game and not the tv with the game...

I'm thinking of doing some game streaming in the future, that's why I'm wondering.

Thanks for the answer, SD2!

AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2009, 08:43:29 AM »

Well here's the thing BSR: not everyone can afford to grab capture cards to stream games, so webcams are still a good option. You can use your built-in one, there's nothing against it.
P.S. I didnt check the video but it HAS to be better than that bacon-sizzling, electro-storm crap you got going on with yours
I think my ears are still in pain from that ;_;

Anyways, Webcam + a good mic is all you need. Ustream has a little Broadcast window that pops up, you choose the video device, your mic, start streaming, you're good to go. Not complicated at all =)

psst: I got my EasyCap for $13 off eBay (could have got it for 10, kinda got jipped). It doesnt do a bad job at all, so... it might be worth the risk if you really want to stream straight from your console. it might be more of a hassle than its worth of course but it's an option

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2009, 06:56:27 PM »

Thanks, Ani!

Could you check the video out if you have time? I'd kind of like some feedback on how it sounds from those who would be hearing me on the marathon.

So, it's okay to have the tv in the webcam's view? All right.

AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2009, 09:41:26 PM »

So, it's okay to have the tv in the webcam's view? All right.
Of course it is. That's what Jiano had to do for the marathon, there's nothing against it.

Also, I just looked at the video, that is a pretty good mic, it's the same kind as the one I use (though I got mine for a different game). I just set it on a table near my speakers and then I just raise my voice. It'll pick up alot more than you think, you dont need to actually hold it near you lest you are being quiet. Not to mention, Ustream has a volume control for the mic to turn it up and down as necessary, and I think the highest you can put it is 200%.
It's good, no worries, just don't hold it that close to your face. Breathing can distort what you're saying Tongue

BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2009, 02:31:27 AM »

I will keep that in mind.

Should we post what we'd prefer for commentating shift times if we're interested in chat commentating in this topic, too? If so, here's what will work for me:

- If it's a daytime-hours shift, I can be louder but not screaming of course
- If it's nighttime/early morning, I have to be quieter so as not to disturb my roommates.

Either shift will work, but I'd prefer one of the daytime shifts.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: