ZSR Forums
April 20, 2024, 09:15:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocarina of Time RBA Run LIVE (Finished, Highlights Posted Inside)  (Read 6103 times)
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« on: December 17, 2009, 01:25:34 AM »

Well I think it took somewhere around 1:50 something to beat(including resets which take like half-a-minute)... I took it more casually than I should have, but I think it was more fun with me talking and responding to comments. Also keep in mind it was my first GCN RBA run(route was made last minute).

Major events during the run(fails,highlights):

1. Fishing went great, got fish in first throw.
2. The DoT Skip was HORRIBLE, I had the worst possible luck imaginable(and I need to learn to pause buffer obviously)
3. Stole the rod in one dive.
4. Got 2 superslides(kakariko to forest, death mountain volcano trail)
5. Got both pressure jumps(one took 1 try, the other took 2)
6. Did bridge skip in 2 tries(easily could have done in one like I usually do, but I flicked the controller too far back the first time)
7. Ganon Tower enemy rooms went really bad, had to reset a few times(I was getting tired, should have drank some coffee)
8. Killed Ganondorf in 2 cycles(was 2 hits away from a single-cycle)
9. ABSOLUTELY SUCKED at Ganon with hookshot(gonna practice fighting him A LOT)

Overall I had a lot of fun! Expect a much more serious, more concentrated aleckermit in the future when I speedrun.

I plan to do more Live stream stuff in the future, it's really a blast.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 02:41:06 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 01:46:59 AM »

I'll be sure to watch.

PS: I won't be drunk on camera, I promise.

Aww Sad

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 03:54:06 AM »

I'll be there, too!

I'm currently checking your run on YT and am liking it so far. I can't wait to see it Live, though!

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
Jer
Regular Guay

jchipman10@msn.com
Email
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 03:00:40 PM »

As i told you i'll already be watching, but i may try and continue doing any% myself at the same time Smiley

Practice pokey escape though dude Cheesy

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 03:43:03 PM »

If you do bridge skip you've got more guts than me. I tried for a while to come up with a safe way to do it and could always get the red dot but it was too variable if I would latch on the right place or not.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 05:39:13 PM »

I'm gonna take my time with the setup and make sure it's perfect. I'll use you trick to angle to the right after I latch-on. Worst case senario is that I could fall and have to reset, but that doesn't happen much. If it won't latch on I 'll just do the setup again.

I'm doing a practice run tonight(no I'm not streaming that lol) to make sure I get everything worked-out.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 05:41:08 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 07:39:19 PM »

I'm doing a practice run tonight(no I'm not streaming that lol) to make sure I get everything worked-out.

REAL men do 3 practice runs back to back Wink
Should be fun to watch, Dont know if I'll be able to watch the entire thing. Good luck beforehand!

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 08:11:16 PM »

Just wanting to add something: This'll be great to watch before the Pokemon Marathon for TheSpeedGamers. Two epic things in the same day!

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: