ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:12:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Website Pages  (Read 15153 times)
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« on: December 27, 2013, 10:27:23 PM »

In the past days, I've been working and editing the pages of the ALBW section. I've gathered informations on skips, tricks, timesavers and such and tried to provide tips, visuals, videos on as much as I could. I've come to the point where I have included most of what I could think of myself, but I'm sure some people have

If you guys think anything important should be added, explained more in depth, if you have a different setup for something, a better video showing one of the tricks, a sick strategy for a boss fight, anything, let me know here and I will look into putting it up there. Right now I'm not leaning towards adding stuff that have been deemed "useless" for now, such as the merging glitch in Thieves and Lorule Castle and the almost clip into Lorule Castle, but I might do it later.

Also, if you have a 3DS capture card and are willing to make videos, I could use some showing (Youtube or Twitch Highlight):

-Lantern Trial in Lorule Castle (To show off which path to walk)

Thanks for reading. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:25:51 AM by RheaultWnage » Logged
kirbymastah
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 11:18:28 PM »

I haven't looked yet, but have you gone through boss strategies yet? Those would be very useful Smiley

I would help out with putting videos, but no 3ds capture Sad I'll gladly write up stuff though, I have experience with writing up strats/routes from writing up a lot of metroid stuff on the SDA knowledge base
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 11:52:46 PM »

I haven't looked yet, but have you gone through boss strategies yet? Those would be very useful Smiley
I have for a bunch of them, especially when there is something that clearly makes the fight faster, such as Hammer on Stalbind. If you write something new or give some more detailed informations/tips for stuff I'll be sure to get it on there. I haven't looked back at what I've done much yet, as I wanted to get everything on there first, along with screenshots from Miiverse, and touch up later, so some of the stuff might be lacking here and there.
quo
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 02:04:30 AM »

Wow nice work Rheault!

Maybe add a navigation section to the dungeon pages and should also add a boss strat for skull woods boss for 100%

Also maybe add portal clipping (found by kazooie) in the misc. section
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 05:48:11 AM »

Thanks! Smiley

About the navigation menu I suppose you mean something like what's on the OOT pages? If that's what you meant, then it should be functionnal now. Tongue Good idea thank you!

I have only ever fought the Skull Woods boss once, which was during my first playthrough. I therefore have no idea if a certain strategy exists to take him down fast/efficiently (I did TERRIBLE during my own fight hahaha). I know Zandergoth ran 100% a few times, I'll probably ask him if he has any tips or whatsoever. There are other bossfights I haven't written anything about too, like Yuganon. Once again because I don't have any clue one some strat that is clearly better than just "mashing away".

I was unsure about adding the portal clipping, because it currently still falls into the "useless" category, but I suppose I'll create another section somewhere to put some of that stuff, probably in Misc. I'll get around to that next week, since I will be away this weekend.

Thanks for the feedback! =]
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 06:37:05 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOyZFkeHbHQ < I found a video showing how to get across the bridge in Death Mountain.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 06:47:33 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOyZFkeHbHQ < I found a video showing how to get across the bridge in Death Mountain.
This one is better than the one I had, so I put it instead. Thank you! Smiley
Koizata
Deku Scrub

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 07:34:23 AM »

-vulture skip in desert http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUELLY3wgBI
-rosso cave skip in death mountain using the corner u asked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juuvqRHnnTA
-hyrule castle clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5IjBs8ieI8
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »

Updated the pages with your videos, thanks! Smiley
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 04:26:58 AM »

Would recommend making a "techniques" section.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 05:39:19 AM »

A few Technique would be...

1. Portal clipping
2. Hookshot clipping(where you use an enemy and hookshot through fences)
3. Enemy + Tornado Rod (does this combo have a name?) Get on ledges glitch
4. Merge Warp (in certain rooms you can cancel a merge, walk around, and warp to that merge spot)

Maybe there's a few more important techniques I'm overlooking.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 12:00:58 AM »

1. Portal clipping
2. Hookshot clipping(where you use an enemy and hookshot through fences)
3. Enemy + Tornado Rod (does this combo have a name?) Get on ledges glitch
4. Merge Warp (in certain rooms you can cancel a merge, walk around, and warp to that merge spot)
I added those, as well as the Dash Slide one. I have never used the Merge Warp one, and only ever used the Hookshot Clipping for the Ore Mine skip, so my knowledge of these are pretty lacking. I used the explanation on Cloudmax's video for the merge, so it shouldn't be too bad, but the Hookshot Clipping page appears to be godawful to say the least. If someone who has more experience with any of the techniques wants to go ahead and write up stuff, feel free to do so and I will add them to the pages / replace what's already there. Smiley
oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 01:21:45 AM »

The links on the recent edits page don't work. When I click on a link, the page doesn't load. The links for the other games work.

Before you save the world, kiss the princess or you might regret it.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 04:22:43 AM »

The links on the recent edits page don't work. When I click on a link, the page doesn't load. The links for the other games work.
I did something wrong when I created the Techniques page category. It's fixes now and you should be able to see them.

I also just realised I might have made some stuff up while writing the Hookshot Cliping page (about using an enemy to get pushed into a fence), so some outside revision would be appreciated. Tongue
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:28:44 AM by RheaultWnage » Logged
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 08:59:16 AM »

^ You don't remember the glitch where he used an enemy to hookshot across the bridge on snowy Death Mountain?
This is the hookshot glitch. It's a glitch that has some use at the least.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: