ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:25:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Megaman (1986-2011)  (Read 3796 times)
Powerstar9
Regular Guay

Bumper of Time

Email
« on: February 23, 2014, 05:26:43 AM »

When i realized Capcom stopped making games for megaman, my nostalga level spiked. The megaman games i still have in my closet are gonna be worth a ton of money and replay value. For that, I picked up Megman dr wilys revenge for the Gameboy and beat it a hundred times. I realized how many times i miss the beloved blue bomber and wished they still made games for him.

Capcom left a lot of things unfinished. The Classic series never saw a conclusive ending, and Megaman only got 2 makeovers (by that, I mean ingame design from NES to SNES to playstation/sega saturn). The X series was supposed to end at Megaman X5 but ended at X6, and even then, the series went on all the way to X8 and command mission. X got a 3D makeover unlike megaman, and i didnt like that. Megaman ZX and ZX Advent left us with a cliffhanger (and im not a fan of Metroid styled games like these), Megaman Legends gave us a cliffhanger and teased us with ML3, and Megaman Battle Network and Starforce had inconclusive endings.

Out of all these franchises, Megaman Zero was the only series that saw a conclusive ending, at MZ4. If Capcom wanted to, they couldve ended the entire Megaman story at MZ4, but us fans loved it so much, they attempted to keep the series going and ended up dissapointing us. Now the blue bomber has been reduced to being a cameo character, and he shall never make an apperance in his own official game again.

Nintendo has revived Megaman for Super Smash Bros. 4. Im gonna main him, Link, and Little Mac. I hope he finds a good place in the Smash world just as he has in my heart.

"When I first discovered AS and Turtle Skip, I was like Kreygasm for 2 hours." Me from Anwonu's stream.
oligi3008
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 09:42:36 PM »

I hope Megaman is not a Samus clone in the new Smash Bros. That would be a lame move.

Before you save the world, kiss the princess or you might regret it.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 06:47:40 AM »

Citation Needed

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: