ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 12:36:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Megaflip Bootcamp  (Read 5657 times)
ArcaneZaros
Deku Scrub

Happy 12th Birthday ZFG!

WWW Email
« on: December 04, 2013, 05:39:18 AM »

So currently I'm trying to learn to megaflip near 100% consistency, and its a bit of a pain in the ass. I can pause buffer megaflips consistently, but that's very slow. When I try to do the trick in real time, I can get it maybe 1/8 tries, but most of the time I either backflip a short distance, or wait too long and get hit by the bomb explosion.

For those of you that are good at megaflipping, what tricks did you use when learning it? Do you have a special way to count the flashes? Do you time it just by "feeling it"? What places in Termina did you use to practice the trick?

If some people could answer these questions then it would be a great help to me and other people having problems with the glitch. I really just want to "grind" this trick out and finally have it. I remember when I used to have issues with ISG, hovering and supersliding, but after getting some help I was able to master them. I hope the same thing can happen with the megaflip.

thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 01:32:17 AM »

it's different with megaflips cause of the lag on every map.
me for example - I can megaflip close to flawless on the stonetower map - but can't do ffww with megaflips (which is why I megasidehop).

since you know the inputs buffered, you only have to do them that way unbuffered... kinda.

I roll short after the 6th redflash (I count to 3 twice and wait like two more frames), shielddrop dryroll, hold back during the roll, backflip on the explosion (you can do it on reaction or the hess frames of links roll on the STT map) and release everything once you hit A.

another thing - but thats personal preference I guess...
I can megaflip much more consistant when the camera is unlocked.

but after all it comes down to practice anyways... lots of practice
GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 01:27:23 PM »

different to megaflip due to lag? no

<GoronGuy> What's your opinion on slavery?
<Washeyy> Make all Greeks slaves to redeem their debt.

<Indextic> what time was the ransomiser bingo
<Indextic> yes the ransomizer
<Indextic> all the items are held hostage and you have to pay to get them
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 02:41:45 AM »

might just be me, unable to megaflip in ffww but everywhere else ... cause I really can't do it with megaflips
ArcaneZaros
Deku Scrub

Happy 12th Birthday ZFG!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 07:09:15 PM »

it's different with megaflips cause of the lag on every map.
me for example - I can megaflip close to flawless on the stonetower map - but can't do ffww with megaflips (which is why I megasidehop).

since you know the inputs buffered, you only have to do them that way unbuffered... kinda.

I roll short after the 6th redflash (I count to 3 twice and wait like two more frames), shielddrop dryroll, hold back during the roll, backflip on the explosion (you can do it on reaction or the hess frames of links roll on the STT map) and release everything once you hit A.

another thing - but thats personal preference I guess...
I can megaflip much more consistant when the camera is unlocked.

but after all it comes down to practice anyways... lots of practice

Thanks for the advice. Right now I can time the roll but have to pause the timing of the backflip. I guess I just need more practice...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: