ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:07:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Individual Dungeon Segment Runs  (Read 15994 times)
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 07:03:28 AM »

Small tip on Yuga, on the fifth cycle you can just shoot another arrow at him to kill him instead of stunning him and then running around to slash.
Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 02:09:23 AM »

Is it okay to post timesavers/skips in this thread? If so, I have something to show.

I have found a timesaver and a skip in the House of Gales. You can see them by checking out my video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmegAzoOWr4
They're easy to pull off and should definitely help on time.

Also-- I'm not sure as to what is quicker. For the skip, you can instead use the Tornado Rod instead of the Hookshot. Which is faster, though, I don't know.

"Uh, Max? I don't think we're getting out of this cave." - Arin, Game Grumps
doommaker
Special Guay

The DoomJump....The most hated name of all time.

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 03:01:08 AM »

Small tip on Yuga, on the fifth cycle you can just shoot another arrow at him to kill him instead of stunning him and then running around to slash.

I discovered this right before you posted lol Idk why I didn't think of it before,very helpful,thank you ^_^

4:28 with bad stalfos.When do you guys stop the timer?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:02:39 AM by doommaker » Logged
Teague
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 03:20:55 AM »

Is it okay to post timesavers/skips in this thread? If so, I have something to show.

I have found a timesaver and a skip in the House of Gales. You can see them by checking out my video.

Also-- I'm not sure as to what is quicker. For the skip, you can instead use the Tornado Rod instead of the Hookshot. Which is faster, though, I don't know.
I definitely think that hookshot is gonna be faster, even if you have to jumble through menus.  As for the first skip, the tornado rod method is about a half second faster.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 03:58:01 AM »

I've been using the first trick for a while now, just haven't done any runs for HoG yet to show it off. Also, for that first one, you don't need to hit the button after you get off the moving platforms Tongue
For the second one, instead of using the hookshot, could we just use the Pegasus Momentum glitch to get across the gap to the platform above the key and then just merge over to the key? Would that be faster?

I discovered this right before you posted lol Idk why I didn't think of it before,very helpful,thank you ^_^

4:28 with bad stalfos.When do you guys stop the timer?

I stop the timer basically right as link touches the loading zone to exit the temple.

Also, I did another EP speedrun, and well... I got 4:18.49. I missed with one arrow, but aside from that, most everything was godly. I feel like the method I use for Yuga is slow, but I'm not sure. For my method, the fight was basically perfect. The Stalfos were insanely good.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfCkiFKgS_U
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:56:27 AM by Hornlitz » Logged
Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 04:30:24 PM »

For the second one, instead of using the hookshot, could we just use the Pegasus Momentum glitch to get across the gap to the platform above the key and then just merge over to the key? Would that be faster?

No-- the momentum glitch doesn't allow you to reach that far. However, from that same platform, facing diagonal, you can run and hop the gap and land on the other platform.
(Not sure if this would ever be used in a run. I doubt it.)
Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKqE3Is0Gfk&feature=youtu.be

Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »

No-- the momentum glitch doesn't allow you to reach that far. However, from that same platform, facing diagonal, you can run and hop the gap and land on the other platform.
(Not sure if this would ever be used in a run. I doubt it.)
Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKqE3Is0Gfk&feature=youtu.be

Actually, yes you can make the gap with the pegasus momentum glitch. I've done it numerous times, however, it is mildly difficult. But if you can just jump across, then that would be faster.
Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 07:05:12 PM »

Actually, yes you can make the gap with the pegasus momentum glitch. I've done it numerous times, however, it is mildly difficult. But if you can just jump across, then that would be faster.

Holy smokes! You can?! Oh wow, that's crazy! Okay, that method may be faster.

Teague
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 09:51:31 PM »

There no way that glitch is faster.  You already have to go down the ramp and hit the switch for the key to appear.  By using the hookshot you are already going to be standing near the door quick you have to go out.  If you use the pegasus boots you are going to end up farther away from where you are headed.
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 10:07:29 PM »

There no way that glitch is faster.  You already have to go down the ramp and hit the switch for the key to appear.  By using the hookshot you are already going to be standing near the door quick you have to go out.  If you use the pegasus boots you are going to end up farther away from where you are headed.

I guess you do have a point there. However, in the Any% and 100% routes, we shouldn't have the hookshot or boomerang by that point, so that version of the trick can only be done on IL runs I guess.
Teague
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 10:12:51 PM »

I guess you do have a point there. However, in the Any% and 100% routes, we shouldn't have the hookshot or boomerang by that point, so that version of the trick can only be done on IL runs I guess.
Why wouldn't we in the Any% route?  I've been picking up large rupees shortly out of the way in order to get all the items as soon as they are available. The hookshot is useful in 2 places in the House of Gales so I definitely think it's necessary (the second thing is it lets you grab the key surrounded by fire.
Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 10:42:18 PM »

Ah, wrong. For any% runs, you won't need to head through that door. According to CloudMax, he has founded a glitch that allows you to skip to the 3rd floor. So, by grabbing that key with the hookshot/tornado rod, we can use it to go straight to the boss door, rather than completing the 3rd floor.

Vortex
Regular Guay

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 02:53:19 AM »

Only did 3 runs of HoG, but so far my record is 7:17.8. It's pretty meh. That 3rd floor is always the killer. Especially the room with the burning skulls. Does anyone have any tips for that room?

Teague
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 03:49:39 AM »

Only did 3 runs of HoG, but so far my record is 7:17.8. It's pretty meh. That 3rd floor is always the killer. Especially the room with the burning skulls. Does anyone have any tips for that room?
Grab the 2 keys on the 2nd floor and skip one of the second floor locked doors then we won't have to even do this room but... the best way as I posted earlier to beat this room is to immeadiately head towards the left wall, jump down the cliff and pegasus boots to the end of the way.  You should see like 8 out of the 9 skulls all gathered up at once and if you time it right you'll get most of them to fall into the crevass.  The last one you have to go hunt down.
Teague
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 06:42:44 AM »

Just did Tower of Hera in 4:09, nearly perfectly.  No real glitches used here just good timing on the jump blocks.  You have like 2 seconds to do things like shoot an arrow or grab a key after you hammer a block before it shoots back up.  The pegasus boots momentum trick can be used to get to the platform faster in the room where you get the boss key.  The boss is straigtforward, seems to always head towards you, just move aside and hit his tail as his parts move away.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: