ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:09:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: 100%  (Read 35020 times)
zT DeFuZeD
Deku Scrub

Hero of the Triforce

Email
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2013, 10:49:27 PM »

Good now that a lot of these issues are worked out, can an official 100% category and rules be added now? like make a list and have the community vote on it for the rules? Because I'm excited to get started running this and I have to wait to make sure I don't break any rules.

"May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"
thepuff273
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2013, 12:23:43 AM »

The two fruits, however, do have their own spot in that menu.
I'd like to quote something TestRunner said in regards to defining SS 100%: "If you can get an unlimited number of something, there's no reason to require it." These fruits, while appearing in the inventory, are infinitely attainable. So I still feel they should be excluded from the 100% definition.
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2013, 01:00:24 AM »

I'd like to quote something TestRunner said in regards to defining SS 100%: "If you can get an unlimited number of something, there's no reason to require it." These fruits, while appearing in the inventory, are infinitely attainable. So I still feel they should be excluded from the 100% definition.
That is a good point. In the end I suppose it will all come down to which way of thinking we will follow. It'll be either something the OOT's "obtain all items on the Item Select subscreen", or something like the SS's "If you can get an unlimited number of something, there's no reason to require it." I'm personnaly in favor of the first option (eh, who would have guessed xD), but I suppose it won't really matter after all, since all it will change is a ~1minute added to every 100% run and a need for 80 (? or 75?) more rupees.
thepuff273
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2013, 01:09:47 AM »

80 (? or 75?) more rupees.
80 rupees, just for clarification.

Another thing I don't remember seeing in this forum, are we requiring the first shield?
RheaultWnage
Site Editor
Regular Guay

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2013, 01:26:31 AM »

Another thing I don't remember seeing in this forum, are we requiring the first shield?
If the Shield you get in Turtle Rock is the Hylian Shield, even if you don't have the first shield with you (which I am pretty sure it is), then no we don't require it. (Like we wouldn't require the Blue Mail if you could get the Red one without it, like in ALTTP, but it doesn't work like that this time around.)
Rdy
Deku Scrub

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2013, 04:23:50 PM »

Not anymore. Treacherous tower is super easy now, upgraded firerod and tornado rod are all that you need, except for one floor where the ice rod really helps, but with those two, all you may need is one red potion for final moldorm, maybe two if unlucky. Im almost at sub 6 minutes for treacherous tower and I keep getting closer.

Should we make a floor by floor guide for treacherous tower? to help for the 100% runs, cause I foresee the Treacherous Tower being a potential run killer, and since it comes late in a run, it would be really frustrating to mess up here. I got over half the floors memorized, so making a floor by floor guide would be easy. Respond if you want it, and ill make a new thread about it

I saw your guide, and I responded with the primary issue there, but I'll also point it out here.

We can't have Great Spin for the Treacherous Tower. To have Great Spin, you must also have all 9 Items be upgraded by Mother Maiamai. While I don't think anyone has done an in-depth study, I think it's extremely likely that the Treacherous Tower w/o Great Spin wastes less time than getting all those rupees from another source.

Additionally, since the Treacherous Tower is one of our main sources for money, it actually comes quite early into the run, which makes it even more frustrating and punishing to mess up. Last night I died at Moldorm and lost 11 mins on what would otherwise have been a sub-5 hours.

After my modifications to what ZFG posted for a route, I do the Treacherous Tower with 12 hearts and green mail. Even once I get really good at it, I don't think I would go in without safety fairies ever especially since there's a Maiamai en route directly to a fairy fountain anyway.

Edit: I am entertaining the idea of Blue Mail early, though, which would trivialize the TT.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:25:59 PM by Rdy » Logged
Hitaka
Regular Guay

Phoenix

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2013, 11:23:50 AM »

I hate to break it to you guys, but the giant cucco appears in the credits. Clearing the endless cucco game is required for best ending. Better start practicing.

Life itself is that which is eternal.
Rdy
Deku Scrub

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »

I hate to break it to you guys, but the giant cucco appears in the credits. Clearing the endless cucco game is required for best ending. Better start practicing.

Welp.

Honestly I just tried Endless for the first time and got to 350 seconds without pause strats. It's actually a lot easier than Advanced IMO, but it might just be because I have to do Advanced so much just to get a run going.
zT DeFuZeD
Deku Scrub

Hero of the Triforce

Email
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2013, 08:19:25 PM »

Yea.... but the time for a run stops at getting the Triforce. No runs include watching the credits... So basically no giant Cucco. Screw that as criteria for a 100% run. Would be so stupid.

"May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2013, 09:07:32 AM »

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/leaderboards/albw/stupid-ass-cucco
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/leaderboards/albw/99

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »

mzx pls...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
akaikee
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »

Tomrrow i start working on a very detailed 100% route. I dont have that much time because AGDQ is around the corner an im in charge of the german restream, but if someone wants a link to the google doc im working on and maybe even wants to help - just shoot me a pm Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: