ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:53:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 100%  (Read 35013 times)
Chamros
Deku Scrub

« on: November 25, 2013, 06:00:48 PM »

What would be required for a 100% run? On my hero mode file I tried to get 100% but then I didn't care for time. Obviously all heart pieces and all items (upgraded if possible, like lv3 master sword, red mail and hylian shield) on the 'gear' tab, and all 100 Maiamais.

Would getting blue mail be necessary?  Because when you get red mail, it just 'overwrites' the blue mail. And would upgrading all items be necessary? And getting the great spin attack?

Also, the bee badge is kinda RNG dependant. I got like 5 gold bees on my 2nd playthrough but none on my 1st. I ended up accidentally buying one in the skull woods for 888 rupees from some dude in a cave...
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 06:53:30 PM »

I'd say the blue mail wouldn't be necessary. Just like the Goron Bracelet and Silver Gauntlets aren't counted in OoT 100%. And yeah, upgrading all items should probably be counted including getting the great spin. As for the Bee Badge, just plan the route out to get the 888 rupee one, but have some optional rupee chests cut out alon the if you get it the rng way.
Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 06:59:54 PM »

I'd like to think that all of this is required... I'm sure a lot of people will agree:

* All 20 Hearts
* All Items (Bought and upgraded)
* 100 Maiamai's (obviously need these for the upgrade, but still)
* Great Spin (100 Maiamai reward)
* Level 2 Master Sword (Butter Blade)
* Stamina Scroll (skippable?? I think, but it's in the gear menu)
* Bee Badge (it's in the gear menu)
* Hylian Shield (skippable, but it's an upgrade)
* Pegasus Boots (in case someone finds some glitch to do the race without them, they still show up in the gear menu)
* Red mail (Best mail) - I guess, like ALTTP, the Blue one isn't required if you can go straight to red.
* Hint Glasses - not a fan of this but it is an item and it does show up in the menus...
* All 5 Bottles
* Bug Net

I think I'm missing something, if I am... feel free to correct me.

ALSO, I would like to route in just buying the Golden Bee to get rid of some bullshit reset fest of no golden bee before Lorule... But we all know we'll probably just go for RNG...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:08:21 PM by Volvagia » Logged
Chamros
Deku Scrub

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 07:06:13 PM »

You missed the 5 bottles. (And maybe the bugnet, since I guess it's skippable if you get the golden bee for 888 rupees)
Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 07:07:57 PM »

You missed the 5 bottles. (And maybe the bugnet, since I guess it's skippable if you get the golden bee for 888 rupees)

Added. Good point.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 08:41:35 PM »

There's apparently a bug net and lantern upgrade for completing the last level of tower of treachery twice or whatever its called.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Chamros
Deku Scrub

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 09:05:40 PM »

There's apparently a bug net and lantern upgrade for completing the last level of tower of treachery twice or whatever its called.

I'll go test that right now, will report back soon..

edit: ok so yea, theres 2 upgrades, both require you to complete advanced (3rd difficulty, you get the HP from completing the 2nd) in treacherous tower. This also earns you like 4-5k rupees per completion.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:30:29 PM by Chamros » Logged
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 09:13:51 PM »

The official guide book says this, so I'd assume it's right. It would count towards 100%.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 09:25:08 PM »

It is correct. I have both upgrades. It makes them 8 times stronger, and prefix them with "Good".
First Lantern, then Net. (So you must do 2 runs, and clear the 2 previous difficulties) You need original net to upgrade it obviously.

Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 10:22:19 PM »

This is true, there is a super bug and super lamp... it may also be a good place to get money in 100% (the tower)

New List:

* All 20 Hearts
* All Items (Bought and upgraded)
* 100 Maiamai's (obviously need these for the upgrade, but still)
* Great Spin (100 Maiamai reward)
* Level 2 Master Sword (Butter Blade)
* Stamina Scroll (skippable?? I think, but it's in the gear menu)
* Bee Badge (it's in the gear menu)
* Hylian Shield (skippable, but it's an upgrade)
* Pegasus Boots (in case someone finds some glitch to do the race without them, they still show up in the gear menu)
* Red mail (Best mail) - I guess, like ALTTP, the Blue one isn't required if you can go straight to red.
* Hint Glasses - not a fan of this but it is an item and it does show up in the menus...
* All 5 Bottles
* Super Bug Net
* Super Lamp
zellpree
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 12:14:30 AM »

Just for convenience, here is a list of all HP, and how to get them
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/A_Link_Between_Worlds_Heart_Pieces

Maimai's
http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/Maiamai_Locations

This is the category I am really looking forward to, like, I am so hyped for this. 
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 12:32:13 AM »

Would Activating all of the Bird statues count towards 100%? And what about entering the Fissures? Both of those appear on the map, so should we count them?
Crankeey
Deku Scrub

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 07:44:17 AM »

You definitely need to survive the endless cucco minigame for 999 seconds to get the cucco in link's house reward for true 100%.

In all seriousness I think that all compasses should be added to the list. I also agree that activating all weather vanes should be added, but I'm not sure about "all fissures." Fissures are always accessible and they don't count as a collectible unless you consider updating the map as a collectible. Either way, I vote no on that seeing as that would potentially be a pain in the ass for 100%.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:02:05 AM by Crankeey » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 09:29:51 AM »

You definitely need to survive the endless cucco minigame for 999 seconds to get the cucco in link's house reward for true 100%.

In all seriousness I think that all compasses should be added to the list. I also agree that activating all weather vanes should be added, but I'm not sure about "all fissures." Fissures are always accessible and they don't count as a collectible unless you consider updating the map as a collectible. Either way, I vote no on that seeing as that would potentially be a pain in the ass for 100%.

You'd honestly enter most ot the fissueres in 100% either way, because many of them leads to Maiamai which aren't obtainable otherwise, others take you to the next zone in Lorule, so it wouldn't make a big difference at all. I wouldn't really care if it's required or not, but I am pretty sure that it wouldn't be a big difference, probably a few of the Stone Pillar Fissuers would be removed, and maybe at a river, but that's about all I can think of right now.

Volvagia
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »

Forgot to put this in this topic, I posted it in the Glitches/Tricks/Timesaving topic earlier:

Swamp Palace early switch via upgraded Bow thought of by FaschZ, ZFG and myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PZdyNhCzEI
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: