ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:31:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616298 times)
Anwonu
Regular Guay

« Reply #810 on: March 01, 2015, 06:42:51 PM »

Not hard to do. It's not pixel perfect like skipskip.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #811 on: March 01, 2015, 07:24:54 PM »

Nice finds.
The first one might be useful in, idk, chest% in ILs.

It's actually useful in all the routes so far. It's quite a bit faster than the way we currently do that room.

It's not too hard to do either. Practicing it for a little bit gets the timing down easily
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #812 on: March 01, 2015, 08:04:03 PM »

Oh, right. I forgot that room's mandatory.
That's what I get for not running the game in ages. =P
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #813 on: March 13, 2015, 04:42:21 AM »

So, I've updated a lot of the ALBW pages to add any information that has been missing for a while. I only have a few things to add like the Dark Palace to Turtle Rock trick. Btw, if anyone would like to make a video of that or knows if there is one, then that would be great! Smiley Also, if you guys know of anything that needs to be added to the ALBW pages, then please mention it to me.

-------------------------------------

I also found a semi-new technique! I've called in Success Skipping

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/albw/techniques/success-skipping

What it does is skip any "success" cutscene that plays after hitting a switch or anything similar. You place a bomb next to a switch and then stand near a loading zone. When the bomb is about to explode, enter the loading zone and the scene will get skipped. This is used in Dark Palace for that one window in 2F but I don't think we knew how it worked. It should have tons of uses throughout the game. So if anyone is glitch hunting, please try out some Success Skipping.

Btw, does anyone know who found the 2F Dark Palace SS in the first place? I want to give them credit on the ZSR page.

P.S, check out the Item Duping page I made. It includes a small key duping theory I think you guys should check out. There could be a potential use for it!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 04:44:10 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #814 on: March 13, 2015, 05:33:10 AM »

Could you link to the duping page, I can't find it.

*Edit* found it, this is really interesting. I'm sure there's a lot of places where this item duping is possible.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:36:37 AM by Wastedweek » Logged
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #815 on: March 13, 2015, 05:51:44 AM »

So, I've updated a lot of the ALBW pages to add any information that has been missing for a while. I only have a few things to add like the Dark Palace to Turtle Rock trick. Btw, if anyone would like to make a video of that or knows if there is one, then that would be great! Smiley Also, if you guys know of anything that needs to be added to the ALBW pages, then please mention it to me

I think someone tried out key duping, but it didn't work. I'll probably give it a shot at some point tho.

One thing I've tried to have someone add for a while is the HC timesaver where you get on the rail with a soldier.
http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1478.msg27414#msg27414

I know it's not used, but it is a thing that should be noted. It does save some time, it just either sucks outright, or no one ever bothered to find a decent setup for it.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #816 on: March 13, 2015, 06:45:33 PM »

I think someone tried out key duping, but it didn't work. I'll probably give it a shot at some point tho.

One thing I've tried to have someone add for a while is the HC timesaver where you get on the rail with a soldier.
http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1478.msg27414#msg27414

I know it's not used, but it is a thing that should be noted. It does save some time, it just either sucks outright, or no one ever bothered to find a decent setup for it.

Oh ya! I totally forgot about that! Thanks for bringing that up. I'll add that to the HC page and maybe even try to find a setup for it.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #817 on: March 13, 2015, 07:00:47 PM »

One thing I've tried to have someone add for a while

Why didn't you add it yourself

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #818 on: March 13, 2015, 09:55:11 PM »

Why didn't you add it yourself

I don't think I have the access.
Because I shouldn't have that, that sounds like a pretty terrible idea.
Ahamplan
Regular Guay

« Reply #819 on: March 14, 2015, 07:14:04 AM »

To weegeechan: that success skip thing was found quite a while ago by tdutchnick, we first found it in dark palace with the burnable wood on the wall

To the Key dupe: I have tested this myself also a while back when I duped monster guts from stepping on a switch in house of gales, and I tried it with a key and it doesnt work cause, the item needs to spawn on top of you not lurk it to you, also I've actually managed to dupe items, only did tail so far, but my dropping that item getting hit and picking it up, it creates kinda a collection delay and makes an extra copy on the ground a
nd its duped, so feel free to mess around with that

I am the Zeldo for you <3
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #820 on: March 15, 2015, 07:35:54 AM »

So I've been playing around with the bee boosts a lot lately. Particularly on files with only a sword in an attempt to gain access to dungeons pre-items. I've found that you can actually bee boost onto the side HoG. So far there's three areas I've found that you can boost onto, very litttle area to walk around without falling. See Links for Screenshots.

Here is the first location, from here you can walk around to the main wall, so far been unable to drop down onto the ledge. Don't appear to be able to interact with the blades etc
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACXVHhkG9ZMTA

Here is the second area, you can also boost slightly up&left from this position. Imagine the windmill is a clock, you can boost to the 7oclock area.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAtVHhkdWG9Fw

Unfortunatly as this was a no item file im yet tto test if you can T-rod up. I'm sure there are other areas around this dungeon where you can boost to.

Apolagies if this has been looked at before. I'm yet to see anything on it Smiley will continue testing after work.
Wastedweek
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #821 on: March 15, 2015, 12:45:27 PM »

Managed to clip into the shop by Hyrule lake. This is a pre-lamp clip and as you can see in the screenshot I have no y/x items. Take a look.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhkBztp8Q
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #822 on: March 15, 2015, 03:44:50 PM »

I think the Lake Shop clip is old (iirc also works in Lorule?), but I'm not sure if anyone ever bothered to bee boost for that.
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #823 on: March 16, 2015, 03:34:35 AM »

I figured out a way to skip going through the Arrow door outside Eastern Palace. It's pretty pointless considering how much slower it would be rather than just opening the door, but I thought i'd post about it here anyways!

All you do is perform a Bomb Boost here:

then from there, walk up the stairs to the Armos and get OoB on the wall:

Then all you got to do is walk up to EP. I also found a very minor timesaver in EP.

In the arrow room where you press the switch, a Popo spawns right in front of the switch. It can be easily walked past if you walk along the edge north of it. It's a tiny TINY bit faster than killing it and but is too risky to do.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:28:15 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #824 on: March 16, 2015, 08:47:13 AM »

I thought most people already did the EP Popo pass.
I don't feel confident doing it because I'm bad, but hey.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57
  Print  

Jump to: