ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:27:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57
  Print  
Author Topic: Tricks/Glitches/Timesavers topic  (Read 616448 times)
Tryst
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #780 on: November 12, 2014, 10:36:33 AM »

There is a big invisible wall to the sides of the gate preventing Link from walking on the wooden part. Being partially clipped into the wall and t-rodding only makes Link hit an invisible ceiling. Still a cool find though!

I was playing with this again last night as well and found that you can get OoB on both the left and right sides of the gate. I wasn't able to OoB from the outside area in though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_p9EhE0GZY

The game also prevents you from standing on top of the wall on the right (which you sometimes end up in if you clip through on the right) - you fall straight off as soon as you get up there; you can stand on top of the gate though like you've shown in that image.

But how many such gates/similar objects are there in the game with chickens around?

I don't think there are any others with cuckoos nearby. As demonstrated with portal clipping you can achieve similar affects on portals with stunned/frozen enemies - and there are plenty of gates in-game with those around.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:45:51 AM by Tryst » Logged
Yoshistar95
Deku Scrub

Beating my own limits!

« Reply #781 on: November 19, 2014, 09:51:51 AM »

I wonder if you can skip a part of Rosso's Ore Mine by doing a diagonal dash on a platform to the other one.... haven't tried it yet though Tongue

#1 ALBW, since February 2014 (minigames)
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #782 on: November 19, 2014, 11:27:02 AM »

IIRC 100% does something like that.
Yoshistar95
Deku Scrub

Beating my own limits!

« Reply #783 on: November 23, 2014, 08:24:53 PM »

lol there are 2 skips! Saves 26-27 seconds against normal route. It doesn't need to be done ASAP as long you don't overshoot the platform and land at the bottom before the cycle ends (= you can then leave the mine)

1. 2nd platform, stand on the northern edge and just left of the eastern row (red ones), RNG is a bitch, so dash only if you have the clearance for it!
Dash slide south east, you'll land on the edge if done correctly.

2. Position yourself just above the bottom red line, then dash slide. Though it can be done without, but with dash slide you'll go a bit further away, reducing the chance to miss the platform down of you!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:30:32 PM by Yoshistar95 » Logged

Tryst
Deku Scrub

WWW Email
« Reply #784 on: November 23, 2014, 09:17:10 PM »

This is probably already known, but I found it quite amusing. Speed running the Advanced Treacherous Tower I got to the final boss. The quickest way to kill it is to use a spin attack, then finish it off with a Purple Potion, however my spin attack caused me to slide off the edge of the map. Spamming the bottle button, I managed to use the bottle whilst falling! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I3VeBWwz3Q
Yoshistar95
Deku Scrub

Beating my own limits!

« Reply #785 on: November 26, 2014, 07:59:45 PM »

Idk, but nice finding! It does cause you to delay the use of it though Tongue
Btw, is it known that you can use (Big) Spin before the charged animation? It's a good aim for a frame perfect one, done it several times during TT attempts. Just when the light fades it's charged I think, maybe small delay?

Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #786 on: December 17, 2014, 07:56:20 AM »

Youtube delivers some stuff I think is new for a change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSw_34Ttb3g

You can clip through some hammer blocks near Lost Woods with Hookshot. Probably not useful, since you'd need Titan's Mitt to really get anything from this, and by the time you have Titan's Mitt (If you even get it), you would definitely have a hammer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsUTGBVOIso

Now this one has a bit more to it.
The first glitch is clipping inside some rocks and a hard fence near Lost Woods with Hookshot, and from there you can go OoB similar to what could be done near Big Bomb/Octoball/Haunted Grove area. Again, probably not too useful, but it should be checked out a bit.

The other glitch is your normal portal clipping at Kakariko (With Cucco) and the same portal in Lorule (With a Moblin). The only thing that might be new there is that on Lorule side, you can get yourself slightly OoB by dashing at stuff, but I feel this should be a known thing.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #787 on: December 20, 2014, 11:24:56 AM »

Will this hookshot trick let us get a big bomb into town at all?
Any theories on "if we can get on trees, that we can do a huge shortcut?"
Hornlitz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #788 on: December 22, 2014, 05:08:03 PM »

http://youtu.be/YrK5bwHTBGE capture card version

Not 100% sure about this, but it appears as though going through the tree there was an intended secret. There are rupees inside the tree, which doesn't make sense unless it was intended, and plus you can't really see any of the trunk for that tree. Cool little shortcut/secret though...
Tr621
Regular Guay

« Reply #789 on: December 31, 2014, 03:08:56 PM »

Why would there be rupees there if you're weren't supposed to be able to get there? I actually thought about using this rupee in any% route, getting it at the beginning before power glove skip, but it just takes way too long.

"I once stored a quick draw on my sword without de-equipping the bottle in my hand in an attempt to bottle dupe over sword. Didn't work." - nathanisbored, 2013

----

lol us da beg key
BigHairyFart
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #790 on: January 31, 2015, 11:46:32 PM »

Hey guys, I don't use these forums often, so I apologize if this/something better  is already known, but I think I found a way to get the Turtle Rock BK skip more consistently by using the spikes as cues.

http://youtu.be/pd5j_qY0LY4

This place is as dead as Link was that one time he forgot to catch a fairy in his bottle.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #791 on: February 01, 2015, 05:32:31 AM »

Oh damn.
As a someone that lives by visual cues, I never even thought of using the spike rollers as visual cues.
Will definitely see if I can make that work out for me.
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #792 on: February 04, 2015, 10:17:18 PM »

So, as far as I know, this one is new

Reaching this ledge is both stupid and useless, as far as I know.

So, how do you do this?
You first Fire Boost (Or bomb boost, if you're into that) yourself on the fence to the right of BSmith.
Then, you throw a bomb on this ledge, and fairly quickly dash slide across.
The bomb needs to detonate at a correct time to stop your dash before you slide into the moat (Which is at least close to a softlock)
Groove Heaven
Deku Scrub

« Reply #793 on: February 05, 2015, 06:44:25 PM »

Hey guys, I made a little video tutorial of DDPS for newer players. This is the pause buffering method and I make it clear that it doesn't work 100% of the time and is slow, but this method really got me over the hill for this trick and I hope it's useful to someone out there who's trying to learn it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHWhcECZu_w&feature=youtu.be
Weegeechan
Regular Guay

« Reply #794 on: February 09, 2015, 11:55:28 PM »

Months ago, I discovered a way to get out of the water if you fail the Dark Maze skip. I just remembered it now and updated the Dark Maze skip page with information on the trick. http://zeldaspeedruns.com/albw/overworld/dark-maze-skip

Basically, you can T-rod out of the water and up through the ground by doing a few things.

I also discovered another way to do Rosso's Ore Mine skip. It's faster than any other way and involves an Off A Ledge Fire Boost/Bomb Boost . I highly recommend NOT doing the Bomb Boost as the Fire Rod Boost is much easier. You get hit by either damage source while jumping off the center of the bridge and get boosted onto the ropes on either side. With this method we can still skip Hilda's text and the FRB isn't that hard to do. I'd say it's easier than the old trick because you don't have to deal with the Hinox and the awkward setup.
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/albw/overworld/rossos-ore-mine-skip

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:30:11 AM by Weegeechan » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57
  Print  

Jump to: